-International arrest warrant
    -My family can’t leave the country
    -Got Death Threats everyday
    -Got attacked, harassed
    -Tried to kidnap me in Indonesia

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    8:34 PM · Oct 14, 2019 from Boston, MA·T
    Kanter hit the nail on the head here!!!

A lot of professional athletes, and Americans in general, take for granted the rights that we have. I'm not a Lebron fan, but he is an all-time great on and off the court. He does a tremendous amount for his community. But on this issue he is being a bit of a hypocrite. On many occasions he has tweeted politically motivated things, the same types of things he is condemning Morey for. How can he condemn Morey for not thinking about “the consequences and ramifications of the tweet”, and be the same guy that called the President a "bum" in a tweet. To me this sounds like Lebron trying to save some of the money he may lose from shoe/movie sales, or even the commish asking him to make this type of statement to try and smooth things over...who knows!!! I'm all for athletes using their platform to speak on issues, I just don't think this was handled ideally my Lebron. Basically he is supporting a country with that is oppressing another...which is basically what he is fighting for here...against oppression!!!

Just my .02 worth!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

2. Likes:

Chip R (10-15-2019),North (10-18-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It is. Morey obviously deleted his tweet, got on his knees and licked the boots, but only when it became clear he had no cover from his employer(actually is taking "friendly" fire). Hey, it takes courage to maintain a stand once your livelihood is at risk (or your next hundred million, depending on your perspective).
    Lebron's point was that Morey probably didn't think there wouldn't be the response to the tweet that there was and I think that's probably true. We aren't talking about what happened after the genie was out of the bottle, we are talking about before.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Lebron's point was that Morey probably didn't think there wouldn't be the response to the tweet that there was and I think that's probably true.
    Oh, I agree. But I don't think it's just the China part of the response he wouldn't have anticipated. He also wouldn't have anticipate responses....like Lebron's. It's eye opening when you overestimate the amount of integrity folks have.

Oh, I agree. But I don't think it's just the China part of the response he wouldn't have anticipated. He also wouldn't have anticipate responses....like Lebron's. It's eye opening when you overestimate the amount of integrity folks have.
    I very much agree with Morey's stance and still believe he messed up here. If you want to take a stance against a business partner that is going to take a lot of planning and coordination and he fired off a tweet and put a lot of people in a very awkward position.

Lebron barely cares about basketball anymore. He moved to LA for his business. I think what he said and more how he said it was stupid, but it's not shocking that he did.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I just saw that James tweeted the following....“My team and this league just went through a difficult week. I think people need to understand what a tweet or statement can do to others. And I believe nobody stopped and considered what would happen. Could have waited a week to send it.”

What about the people of Hong Kong who have had a difficult life? Poor Lebron and the Lakers!!!

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-15-2019),North (10-18-2019),Rojo Rijo (10-15-2019),Stray (10-15-2019),texasdave (10-15-2019)

Yes, and ESPN in their coverage has legitimized that move by using the picture of China including the nine dash line into the China Sea.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I just saw that James tweeted the following....“My team and this league just went through a difficult week. I think people need to understand what a tweet or statement can do to others. And I believe nobody stopped and considered what would happen. Could have waited a week to send it.”

What about the people of Hong Kong who have had a difficult life? Poor Lebron and the Lakers!!!
    I read on Lebronwire...

"The Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets are finally back in the United States after spending the last week in China under dire circumstances created by a tweet from Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey signaling support for protestors in Hong Kong."

Seriously, they used dire to describe the circumstances they were under in China.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-15-2019),M2 (10-15-2019)

I'm sure there were some pretty uneasy Lakers and Nets on the massage table at the Ritz Carlton Shanghai last week!

13. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-15-2019),M2 (10-15-2019),Rojo Rijo (10-15-2019),texasdave (10-15-2019)

I wonder if China had just ignored the tweet, whether anyone, 9 days later, would even remember it?

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-15-2019),M2 (10-15-2019)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I wonder if China had just ignored the tweet, whether anyone, 9 days later, would even remember it?
    If they ignored it, it wouldn't even be news!

I guess in the end my opinion is that the NBA and its stars are who I thought they always were. And I'm not even mad at them for it. It was always about money. When they jumped into domestic politics it was safe, popular and very profitable, but it wasn't all that believable, at least to me. I was skeptical then and now seeing the money talk I'm sure of it. I just wish they'd stop playing like they're something they're not, and I really wish they'd stop trashing other leagues for not playing "activist", tho I get endorsement deals do push a lot of it. Lets stick to hoops cuz the sport is in a good place right now.

Oh but except for Enes Kanter. He's obviously taken many unpopular positions that have negatively impacted him and his family's lives because he holds a principled stance. I respect the hell outta that.
    Last edited by Stray; 10-16-2019 at 12:03 AM.

18. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-16-2019),Kingspoint (10-16-2019)

The Ringer is rolling out its NBA preview. First up, it's list of the NBA's not-so-good teams - https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...eal-kevin-love. It includes:

Charlotte Hornets
    Washington Wizards
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Phoenix Suns
    Memphis Grizzlies
    New York Knicks
    Atlanta Hawks
    Chicago Bulls

The Bulls are my sleeper pick this season. Otto Porter and Tomas Satoransky push their core closer to winning now. I don't know what their over/under is, but I'd pick the over.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I had forgotten that Beilein took the Cavs job until today when I saw an article about Juwan Howard at Michigan. Am I the only one who thinks that's a strange fit? I guess it's a nice way for Beilein to bolster his retirement account while coaching what will essentially be college aged kids, but I can't imagine him having much success there. I mean, obviously no one is going to win there with this year's roster, but I can't imagine Beilein being there long enough to ever have a chance to coach a roster that would give him any chance of winning.

I had forgotten that Beilein took the Cavs job until today when I saw an article about Juwan Howard at Michigan. Am I the only one who thinks that's a strange fit? I guess it's a nice way for Beilein to bolster his retirement account while coaching what will essentially be college aged kids, but I can't imagine him having much success there. I mean, obviously no one is going to win there with this year's roster, but I can't imagine Beilein being there long enough to ever have a chance to coach a roster that would give him any chance of winning.
    If Kevin Love can stay healthy and play 70+ games, I actually think the Cavs could be a little frisky. Like 40 win frisky, not actual contender frisky.

If he can get Sexton, Garland and Osman to be a thing and then add a FA or two he has a shot of having a real time. I wouldn’t put the odds on it, but I guess there’s a path.

Zion is going to miss some weeks to begin the season with a knee injury.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ted-miss-weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?