Turn Off Ads?
Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25657172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1159

Thread: NLDS Game 2 Reds vs. Philly

Re: NLDS Game 2 Reds vs. Philly

All season long, I wanted to see the Reds play in the playoffs in the worst possible way. Looks like I got my wish.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm stunned, I mean not at the loss but how Cincinnati teams find ways to do this to themselves year in and year out.

The Reds I thought were exempt. Their not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    All season long, I wanted to see the Reds play in the playoffs in the worst possible way. Looks like I got my wish.
    Cue the train wreck picture

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Uh, the Reds have given this game away and collapsed in epic fashion. I think gloom and doom is appropriate.

I'm not into handing out participation awards.
    True.

I guess stranger things have happened than the Reds coming back from a 2-0 defecit, but when you consider that if it goes that far, we still have to face Doc again, who will have 2 games in hand, no, not many.

Had the Reds been able to win tonight, I would have like the Reds chances if Cueto could have made it a 2-1 lead on Sunday.

As it stands, Wednesday was a bad beginning, the 5th inning was the beginning of the end and the 6th inning was just the end.

I'm just hoping that the guys can avoid a sweep Sunday and give the homefolks a win. If they can pull the miracle and win three in a row, nobody will be happier than me. Right now though, I'm pissed that they let a huge opportunity slip away fron them with some very sloppy play.

Doesn't mean I still don't love the guys and what they've accomplished this year.

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing that FCB probably tore a labrum this evening patting himself on the back.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 10-08-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    It's called inexperience. If the Reds can be in the playoffs enough years this decade it will be a rare accomplishment. A championship will eventually come as well.
    Sorry, I just don't buy that.

You can't count on "next year". You make the best of your opportunities when they are staring you in the face. The brass ring was right there to grab.

If you're happy just to be there, you ain't ever going anywhere.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Still I never thought I would be watching the Reds play on this date. No matter how embarrassing it was, it still is a great experience.

C'mon guys, it's just 1 game.

You can't count on "next year". You make the best of your opportunities when they are staring you in the face. The brass ring was right there to grab.

Well said. The Reds blew it tonight.

Let's hand out juice boxes and donuts and do a victory tunnel.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Only they weren't supposed to be there in ten first place. 2010 was a rebuilding year all the way up to mid season this year.

They have a very talented and deep organization. They'll be back... And better.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

That was disgusting. Absolutely demoralizing. The Reds absolutely HANDED those runs to the Phillies. The first error on Phillips...I'm not sure it should've been an error as it took a horrible hop. The second one (on Rolen)...pissed me off. It was a real shame because Bronson had it rolling. 2 unearned runs that shouldn't have ever happened. Then 2 hit batters the following inning after Bronson's walk that loaded the bases. Two more gift baserunners. Bruce losing it in the towels/lights and Brandon droping it on the transfer. 2 more "gifts".

I know that Halladay no hit us....but this game hurts MUCH worse. Not only do we lose Cabrera with a oblique re-injury, but the defense simply implodes.

Btw...TBS didn't really show a decent replay, but that play at second base when Rolen went to second and they called the runner safe (when Phillips & Baker argued it)...to me he looked CLEARLY out due to his poor slide. Did anybody else have a better view?

Anyway...I'm ticked off (and I'm rarely mad) and I'm extremely upset for Bronson. He DESERVED a win there. The Reds simply handed the Phillies a win they had no right to. Atrocious.

Okay, I'm better now. I HAD to vent some. *sigh*

I've always been a today fan and not a tomorrow fan. This was the opportunity and we have pretty much blown it. Nothing you can do about it or...

Maybe you don't give up a game to "rest" starters when you knew every loss would put you up against the worst possible team to face--the Phillies and their home field advantage? Maybe you don't pitch Volquez in game 1 because he doesn't have the experience or maturity to handle that? Maybe you don't play in the field with your head in your behind? Maybe, maybe, maybe. Maybe this wasn't our year, but it could have been. It just wasn't.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Only they weren't supposed to be there in ten first place. 2010 was a rebuilding year all the way up to mid season this year.

They have a very talented and deep organization. They'll be back... And better.
    I'm a buyer of this.

Let's hand out juice boxes and donuts and do a victory tunnel.
    Seriously, do you REALLY believe that?

Tell me, how many people actually thought the Reds would have a good shot at winning the World Series? You wanna be upset about this game? Go ahead. But, in my eyes at least, things aren't quite as bad as you seem to want to make them. Great year, very promising future. You're going to complain because the championship didn't happen in year 1? Really? Nah, I don't buy that. I'm disappointed about this week, but VERY happy about this year.

Baseball is cruel. Brutally cruel.

Cruel to the too young, and doubly cruel to the long in the tooth.

Playoffs magnify everything. Before the series began, I wondered if I'd outgrown really CARING. With all of the other stuff in my life, I wondered if Baseball still held it's place.

At least I know I still care.

Get 'em next year, Boys.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?