Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Re: NBA 2019-2020

Other teams that would be fascinating with Beal: Philly, Miami, Nola, Dallas.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-15-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Ok, I'm officially embarrassed for Damian Lillard.

That was terrible. I may have to sign up for therapy to get my own rhythm back after listening to that. Two of our cats screamed and ran off 30 seconds into his "rapping".

Do NOT want.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    What's crazy about MKG over Beal is they could've done even worse and picked Thomas Robinson.

The one thing I remember about that draft is when Portland took Lillard 6th and Harrison Barnes was still on the board.
    Cousins and Tyreke Evans with Lilliard and Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard as teammates in Sacremento with Mike Malone coaching them. It all could have easily happened.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

You guys nailed the main issue with the Jordan-owned Hornets: Player development, specifically, lack of such. Given that, questionable personell choices or not, would it have made a difference if they had batted a thousand in that regard? It's really indefensible that Monk, for instance, wasn't given much of an opportunity to at least gain some actual playing time in the G-league during his first two seasons instead of sitting on the bench gaining very few relative minutes.

Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I’m impressed with the NBA knowledge you guys have. What’s your opinion of the Wizards’ direction, here in the early days of the post-Grunfeld era? Does this mostly-lapsed fan have a reason to start caring again?
    Others have kind of stolen my thunder here. But one question remains, even though the answer is the failure to can Grunfeld in a timely manner: If the Wiz had no intention of resigning Kelly Oubre Jr., why didn't they receive an actual return for him?

8. Likes:

M2 (02-15-2020),RichRed (02-15-2020)

Frank Vogel says DeMarcus Cousins could be back late this season, after suffering an ACL tear pre-season.

If so, he might be a pretty big help against a big team and a huge negative against a team who can run out quick guys.

Something to watch, at any rate.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Man...last night's ASG was the best I have seen in years. It was competitive, they played hard, and they played like they cared. It was good to see! I also really liked the format this year. It was different, but I liked it!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-17-2020)

Didn't they use the TBT rules at the end of the game?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Didn't they use the TBT rules at the end of the game?
    Pretty close to the same rules. They took the highest score and added 24 to it, and that was the score to get to. Still had a shot clock, but no game clock. Also, the 1st 3 QTRs were mini games that whoever won, money was donated to charity in their honor.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Frank Vogel says DeMarcus Cousins could be back late this season, after suffering an ACL tear pre-season.

If so, he might be a pretty big help against a big team and a huge negative against a team who can run out quick guys.

Something to watch, at any rate.
    I think the real goal is to get him on the court a few minutes each game so if they actually win a ring, he can feel somewhat deserving. I can't imagine he will benefit them at all this season....but I expect him to return next season, and I would assume Dwight may bounce for more money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Man...last night's ASG was the best I have seen in years. It was competitive, they played hard, and they played like they cared. It was good to see! I also really liked the format this year. It was different, but I liked it!
    the 4th quarter was fun, but the first 3 quarters were still hard to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I think the real goal is to get him on the court a few minutes each game so if they actually win a ring, he can feel somewhat deserving. I can't imagine he will benefit them at all this season....but I expect him to return next season, and I would assume Dwight may bounce for more money.
    Cousins can shoot and is a great secondary playmaker.

He's also a willing big body who can set picks. (Which, IMO, is a needed commodity in LA now and especially in the playoffs.)

He'll likely struggle against quicker guys, but against the Brook Lopezes of the world, he could be a difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Cousins can shoot and is a great secondary playmaker.

He's also a willing big body who can set picks. (Which, IMO, is a needed commodity in LA now and especially in the playoffs.)

He'll likely struggle against quicker guys, but against the Brook Lopezes of the world, he could be a difference maker.
    I question if his mobility will be acceptable this soon after an ACL blow. If it is, then he absolutely can help in the right matchups.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-18-2020)

The Rockets sign Jeff Green and DeMarre Carroll. I don't have a good feeling about this small ball push. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I question if his mobility will be acceptable this soon after an ACL blow. If it is, then he absolutely can help in the right matchups.
    I just do not expect him to contribute coming back quickly from an ACL. He was very rough when he returned to GSW last year well before the playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Rockets sign Jeff Green and DeMarre Carroll. I don't have a good feeling about this small ball push. We shall see.
    The Spurs are not officially out of it....why would they buy out Carroll just so he can go to Houston at this point?

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I just do not expect him to contribute coming back quickly from an ACL. He was very rough when he returned to GSW last year well before the playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

The Spurs are not officially out of it....why would they buy out Carroll just so he can go to Houston at this point?
    What’s crazy is Carroll was on a 3 year contract and got bought out which is really unusual. I’ve liked Carroll in the past, but don’t love that he’s barely played this season and the Spurs would rather pay him for three years to not play for them.

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-20-2020)

Turn Off Ads?