Siri promoted to AAA

Per C Trent

I guess to replace Ervin?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Siri promoted to AAA

Siri's batting average and OBP are pretty much around where one might expect but he's had a major power outage. Maybe they figure the HR Derby that is the International League this year will help him out in that department.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Alabama (06-18-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I'm kinda surprised it wasn't Friedl.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

6. Likes:

Alabama (06-18-2019),Old school 1983 (06-19-2019),Tuff Nut (06-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'm kinda surprised it wasn't Friedl.
    I see it as the organization wanting to polish TJ some more, no rush, but pretty much telling Siri to sink or swim.
    Hopefully he can find some plate discipline, he’s fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    I see it as the organization wanting to polish TJ some more, no rush, but pretty much telling Siri to sink or swim.
    Yeah, Friedl seems like he might be putting something together in AA. Letting him develop makes sense. Using Siri to plug an organizational hole makes sense too. I'm guessing this means more Narcisso Crook in Chattanooga (or maybe Michael Beltre).
    Last edited by M2; 06-18-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

Alabama (06-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Interesting. I think if it’s time for anyone to sink or swim, it’s AlfRod, who just turned 25 and is OPSing a career best .688 in AA.
    Go BLUE!!!

Siri may need the challenge. Would not be surprised if he plays well in Louisville.

12. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (06-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Siri may need the challenge. Would not be surprised if he plays well in Louisville.
    He strikes me as a coin flip player. Sometimes the tools click. Sometimes they don't.

14. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-19-2019)

I'd still have questions as to his effectiveness as an everyday OF, but, if they view him as an everyday CF, it's an intriguing gamble.

There seems no end of fourth OF candidates in AAA and at the major league level-- VanMeter, Longhi, O'Grady, Ervin, even Schebler.

Perhaps Siri to CF, Senzel to RF (or vice versa) if Puig is dealt?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Yeah, Friedl seems like he might be putting something together in AA. Letting him develop makes sense. Using Siri to plug an organizational hole makes sense too. I'm guessing this means more Narcisso Crook in Chattanooga (or maybe Michael Beltre).
    Seen it too often...a guy who has struggled suddenly finds success and he's promoted too soon, only to go back to struggling. He hadn't had enough time getting used to, and expecting from himself, success. There are things to work on that can only be worked on when one is doing well. Not all growth comes from adversity, as much of it comes from living in a successful routine.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Maybe Fairchild to AA to replace him on the roster? His performance over the past month or so has been solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Perhaps Siri to CF, Senzel to RF (or vice versa) if Puig is dealt?
    I don't think Siri's got the bat for it, but I support the instinct to slide Senzel out of CF.

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't think Siri's got the bat for it, but I support the instinct to slide Senzel out of CF.
    A lot of variables between now and next soring. If Siri can push his way to Cincy's CF and they let Scooter walk then I think the Senzel to 2B ship hasn't fully sailed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    A lot of variables between now and next soring. If Siri can push his way to Cincy's CF and they let Scooter walk then I think the Senzel to 2B ship hasn't fully sailed yet.
    I suspect some combination of Gennett, Dietrich, Peraza, and cheap options from the scrap heap might mean Senzel plays the majority of his career in CF. Or at least the OF.

22. Likes:

Sea Ray (06-18-2019)

Not sure they re-ink Gennett (at least before he tests the open market). I really like Dietrich & Peraza, but not really as full-time starters.

Turn Off Ads?