Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 9/2/2015 Reds at Cubbies Afternoon Baseball

Re: 9/2/2015 Reds at Cubbies Afternoon Baseball

My goodness Votto is awesome.

Get a team around this guy next year. He's back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Smart play by Frazier. Takes it to the bag for the force, and then puts it in his pocket.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

4. Likes:

Banshee (09-02-2015)

Piece of cake, reds win!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

And this one belongs to the Reds. Great start by Iglesias, great game as usual from Vottomatic.

7. Likes:

Banshee (09-02-2015)

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

9. Likes:

Banshee (09-02-2015),Chip R (09-02-2015),Raisor (09-02-2015),RedsBaron (09-02-2015),Tom Servo (09-02-2015),_Sir_Charles_ (09-02-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I don't know about that. Tucker has had more than his share of passed balls this season.
    2 according to MLB.com compared to Pena's now 4. More games for Pena but not bad at all. Have more confidence with Tucker in their, although it would have been hard to get him into C in this situation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't the official scorer name Iglasias the winner? I just find it sickening to give a win to Hoover who gave up the typing runs on a home run. I guess you could say that both Hoover and Votto are back. One bad and one good.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

12. Likes:

HokieRed (09-02-2015)

It doesn't matter HOW bad the season gets...those two pictures are always going to be a thing of beauty. :O)

14. Likes:

Big Klu (09-02-2015),Chip R (09-02-2015),HeatherC1212 (09-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't the official scorer name Iglasias the winner? I just find it sickening to give a win to Hoover who gave up the typing runs on a home run. I guess you could say that both Hoover and Votto are back. One bad and one good.
    Agree. Absolutely ridiculous that Hoover gets the win.

It sucks that Iggy doesn't get the W...but on the flip side, considering just how crappy Hoover's luck was last year, it's kinda nice to see him get a W he doesn't really deserve. He's 7-0. LOL.

Gutted for Iggy not getting not getting a W. 2-3 in last 7 with a 2.31 ERA, tough but that's the Reds this season. Votto hot and cold today but hot when it matter. Nice games from BP, Suarez and Frenchy 2.0. Always nice to beat the Cubs to, especially since they are in the Division race. Enjoyable game overall. Night guys.

18. Likes:

Banshee (09-02-2015)

Great win!

I did not think Bryant's ball was a HR off the bat, so I decided to do some cross checking. I had a good laugh after I saw the dimension over lays. Check out left center at wrigley compared to the other parks in the division.

I can't just paste the URLs for the images (or I don't know how), but it's worth a look.

Here is the URL of the park overlay generator

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/ballpark_overlay.php

Went underground to the subway after seeing that Bruce had reached on error. Love it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

21. Likes:

Hoosier Red (09-02-2015)

Domo arigato, Mr. Joey Votto!

IIRC if a reliever is ineffective but in line for the win, the official scorer can designate another reliever for the win but I do not think it can be the starter.

Edit: it would have to go to a subsequent reliever.

Rule 10.17(c) states:

The official scorer shall not credit as the winning pitcher a relief pitcher who is ineffective in a brief appearance, when at least one succeeding relief pitcher pitches effectively in helping his team maintain its lead. In such a case, the official scorer shall credit as the winning pitcher the succeeding relief pitcher who was most effective, in the judgment of the official scorer.

Rule 10.17(c) Comment: The official scorer generally should, but is not required to, consider the appearance of a relief pitcher to be ineffective and brief if such relief pitcher pitches less than one inning and allows two or more earned runs to score (even if such runs are charged to a previous pitcher). Rule 10.17(b) Comment provides guidance on choosing the winning pitcher from among several succeeding relief pitchers.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/blog/archives/13780

So Chapman could be awarded the win but not Iglesias. It would seem that a closer would be happier with a save come arbitration time than a win so I doubt anyone on the Reds would ever argue for the win to go to Aroldis.
    Last edited by klw; 09-02-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Turn Off Ads?