Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/8/2015 Pirates at Reds

Re: 9/8/2015 Pirates at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    If you shut him down now.....how many do you let him go next year?
    Hard to say. Iggy is an unusual case. As I recall, he was a reliever in Cuba and didn't pitch nearly at all in 2014.

So he's been lightly used in the past in terms of innings.

He currently has about 120 innings this year, according to a post on RedsZone today.

Seems like enough to me. Then maybe 150 next year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Over and over you've posted about your disdain for him.
    Since when? I hate when he does well against the Reds. I mentioned that my in-laws had a problem with him. That's it.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I watch him closely, let him continue and let him go 180 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Since when? I hate when he does well against the Reds. I mentioned that my in-laws had a problem with him. That's it.
    You hated his dreads/corn rows

I imagine they are, but Bryan Price seems to have a little different attitude toward that issue. He is an advocate of the pitches don't hurt a young pitcher school, or at least that's what I tend to hear him say.
    Price likes guys to go deep in games. He doesn't baby them in that way.

But even he has conceded that there are overall limits.

We'll see what they do. I'd be cautious.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If you mean line drives to left, sure.

But look at his spray charts on Fangraphs. The routine opposite field fly balls have hurt him badly this season.
    Yes, I meant linedrives/ground balls.

In game trivia....Jay Bruce recently surpassed 1,000 career hits, but he already had 1,000+ career strikeouts.

You get 1 guess.....which is the only player on this list with more career strikeouts?

Jonny Gomes
    Matt Holliday
    Nelson Cruz
    Chris Davis
    Prince Fielder
    Jose Bautista
    Albert Pujols
    My initial thought was Bautista because he was pretty awful with the Pirates... but i'm not sure he would have enough at bats to strikeout 1,000 times...

so i'll go with Pujols just because he's been around the longest

You hated his dreads/corn rows
    But, I like his look now. And yes, he is a good player, and what he does in the rest of the league matters not to me, but against my team he is the enemy and I do not speak well or root for him. It doesn't help that the Pirates are taking over WV here this year with the Reds in this funk. Pirates gear is everywhere and it hacks me off that the brain trust of the Reds allowed this to happen from the top to the bottom. This is a disgrace.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I'm a hardcore MLB baseball fan. My team is the Reds but I like watching players all over the league from every team. I will at times use Cutch, Goldy, Tulo, Arod, AGon, Miggy and CarGo.

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by TheTimeIsNow View Post
    My initial thought was Bautista because he was pretty awful with the Pirates... but i'm not sure he would have enough at bats to strikeout 1,000 times...

so i'll go with Pujols just because he's been around the longest
    I think Pujols was just too good with the Cards. He never really K'd much. Holliday k's about normal for a power hitter. Gomes doesn't get enough playing time. Fielder was injured a bunch IIRC. I think whoever it is would need longevity. I'd say Holliday (probably because I just don't follow the AL much and am not that familiar with Cruz, Davis & Bautista)

~edit~ Just looked up Prince. I must've been thinking of someone else. Only one season where he was injured. I now know the answer...but I'll shut up.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 09-08-2015 at 08:25 PM. Reason: *was not "wasn't"

I'm a hardcore MLB baseball fan. My team is the Reds but I like watching players all over the league from every team. I will at times use Cutch, Goldy, Tulo, Arod, AGon, Miggy and CarGo.

Sorry
    Sorry. too. Just hit me the wrong way.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

13. Likes:

Ironman92 (09-08-2015)

Hmmm...Iglesias pulled for Josh Smith. I know he was struggling....but it still seems early. Any sign of an injury?

But, I like his look now. And yes, he is a good player, and what he does in the rest of the league matters not to me, but against my team he is the enemy and I do not speak well or root for him. It doesn't help that the Pirates are taking over WV here this year with the Reds in this funk. Pirates gear is everywhere and it hacks me off that the brain trust of the Reds allowed this to happen from the top to the bottom. This is a disgrace.
    It's not the Reds fault....you are down there at the bottom of WV, not really close to any team. People naturally bandwagon towards the better teams. Steelers country is near and it's not that far fetched they'd like the Pirates.

I'm not rooting for him but he will called Cutch the rest of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I think Pujols was just too good with the Cards. He never really K'd much. Holliday k's about normal for a power hitter. Gomes doesn't get enough playing time. Fielder was injured a bunch IIRC. I think whoever it is would need longevity. I'd say Holliday (probably because I just don't follow the AL much and am not that familiar with Cruz, Davis & Bautista)
    Yah if its not Pujols, then Holliday would be my next guess, simply for longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Hmmm...Iglesias pulled for Josh Smith. I know he was struggling....but it still seems early. Any sign of an injury?
    Nah....a bit weird after throw to first but then was great the next batter.

I think terrible pitch selection/calling

18. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (09-08-2015)

Turn Off Ads?