Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 8/19/2014 Reds @ Cardinals

Re: 8/19/2014 Reds @ Cardinals

The solution is easy to see. Simon has scuffled for more than a month as a starter because he's never pitched this many innings in a season. Just move him back to the pen so he can recuperate a little and stabilize what's become the worst Reds bullpen we've seen in at least a decade or two. Recall Axelrod pronto to join the rotation. We'll still be short a starter with both Simon and Bailey out of the picture, but so what? We aren't going to the playoffs this season. Time to bring up some fresh arms off the farm and get an advance bead on who might be serviceable for 2015.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    Ans when your GM doesnt go get true help that also should be on the list
    Already asked you who should Walt have picked up to cover for those losses?

I hope the Reds collapse the rest of the year. Shut down Votto, BP and Bailey. Rest them for 2015. Go for a high draft pick. Bring up Soto, F Perez and let them play. Blow up the pen. Trade for a LF. Put Axelrod in the rotation, Simon back to the pen. Look to trade Broxton and Ludwick for anything. DFA Hannahan and Skip. Demote Hoover. Call up some young kids. Look toward the future

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Who is talking wild card? I shut it off, serious?
    Pic and Brian were saying the Reds needed to concentrate on the wild card race now. Their cheery attitude after devastating losses makes me want to pull and Elvis and shoot the TV dead
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Already asked you who should Walt have picked up to cover for those losses?
    When they start paying me I will come up with a few moves
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

7. Likes:

Reds/Flyers Fan (08-20-2014)

One question. Up 4-3, why not bring in a reliable arm in Broxton to hold and just maybe let him pitch into the the first batter in the 9th? Can he go more than one inning. If not, it would surprise me. Instead of making the double switch and deleting the only hitter who was seeing the ball well, we bring in Schumaker and delete Ludwick, the only hitter. Don't ever bring Sam and JJ in stressful situations. They fold. Maybe pitch Manny a little longer. Maybe try other than the usual. Bryan price is snakebit. No matter the move, it's always wrong. It takes a lot of talent to go 18-30 in one run games. Many of those contributed to one JJ Hoover. Yes, there have been injuries, but I look back on Bruce, Votto, early Brox, and others and really they weren't hitting early. BP came back, Bruce is having his worst season, and then you have the career Schumaker and Heisey stats that just aren't working. Flawed? You betcha. Let's call the whole thing off. Funny how a tooth-picking old man could squeeze many wins out of this squad with injuries to Votto and Phillips and a much worse pitching staff and... I'm not going to go there. It's not popular and beisides, I don't want a fight. Let's just say, rookies have to learn. Not that it's been as easy job. It never is. Maybe 2015 will be better with the help of the FO and experience. Or maybe not. We will see.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Funny how a tooth-picking old man could squeeze many wins out of this squad with injuries to Votto and Phillips and a much worse pitching staff and... I'm not going to go there. It's not popular and beisides, I don't want a fight. Let's just say, rookies have to learn. Not that it's been as easy job. It never is. Maybe 2015 will be better with the help of the FO and experience. Or maybe not. We will see.
    Well, you went there, and I just have to say something. I have no problem if you believe the Reds should have kept Dusty, but I really can't wrap my head around comparing teams like the 2010, 2012, and 2013 squads to this year. It is just a complete false equivalency. This team is a lot more like Dusty's 74 win 2008 team, 78 win 2009 team, and 79 win 2011 team (These seasons happened and counted, not sure why everyone suddenly only remembers Dusty's winning seasons). I probably wouldn't dispute that this team could probably have maybe 2-3 L's that are W's instead with Dusty at the helm right now, but it's hardly an exact science because we don't know how Dusty would have handled everything that went on this season.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

10. Likes:

kbrake (08-20-2014),PepperJack (08-20-2014),RedsBrick (08-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well, you went there, and I just have to say something. I have no problem if you believe the Reds should have kept Dusty, but I really can't wrap my head around comparing teams like the 2010, 2012, and 2013 squads to this year. It is just a complete false equivalency. This team is a lot more like Dusty's 74 win 2008 team, 78 win 2009 team, and 79 win 2011 team (These seasons happened and counted, not sure why everyone suddenly only remembers Dusty's winning seasons). I probably wouldn't dispute that this team could probably have maybe 2-3 L's that are W's instead with Dusty at the helm right now, but it's hardly an exact science because we don't know how Dusty would have handled everything that went on this season.

Never mind that Mesoraco may never have gotten to emerge if Dusty was still here.

Dusty had things that he did very well, but to act like this would be a 90+ win team if only he was here, seems silly, and pining for a revisionist version of history too.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

I am so thankful that I was dead tired last night and sent myself to bed last night after the 7th inning.

Hoover with the magical 10th loss -- should Hoover be given a padded room or is that reserved for us - the suffering fools that will be back again today?
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Price is losing me fast. Just unreal he keeps going to Hoover when its obvious he just ain't got it. Hoover either has incriminating pictures of Price or Price hates him and will just keep sending him out there for punishment. At this point it just beyond stupid. Also it looks like Jockety has given up. By now any GM worth a darn would have taken away a "pet" pitcher like Hoover by farming him out,putting him on the DL or just releasing him. Anyway, if Hoover keeps going out there he may just become the first relief pitcher to lose 20 games in a season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Price is losing me fast. Just unreal he keeps going to Hoover when its obvious he just ain't got it. Hoover either has incriminating pictures of Price or Price hates him and will just keep sending him out there for punishment. At this point it just beyond stupid. Also it looks like Jockety has given up. By now any GM worth a darn would have taken away a "pet" pitcher like Hoover by farming him out,putting him on the DL or just releasing him. Anyway, if Hoover keeps going out there he may just become the first relief pitcher to lose 20 games in a season.
    Tell me the last time this has happened?

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Tell me the last time this has happened?
    I don't know but I say it has. Something like that won't get publicized but I'm sure it happens from time to time.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Funny how a water leak was the catalyst for this latest disasterous streak.

Very apropos.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

18. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-20-2014)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Funny how a water leak was the catalyst for this latest disasterous streak.

Very apropos.
    not enough fingers for this leaky dike ---- (yes - I thought about dam)

I wonder if one relief pitcher has ever had 15% of a team's losses (modern era please)
    Last edited by Red Raindog; 08-20-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?