Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Phillies @ Reds 9-2-19..2:10

Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-2-19..2:10

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    I don't get it. What do you mean "even with this team"? Are they good? And what difference does it make if the poster is new? Is his or her view less valid based on the number of posts? Isn't frustration with a losing team part of being a fan, and isn't the board for fans? I've been posting here for 20 years, and I get the feeling some people on here think Redszone is a math lab for a very narrow view of the game. Give this person a break, and cut the gaslighting.
    Redszone been around for 20 years? I’ve been here 18 so you win that battle.

I don’t even know what gaslighting means. Is that a new way of grilling?

Here’s a term. Beating a dead horse. And it seems like a common theme with a lot of new posters.
    Every game. Any time the Reds don’t score. Leave a runner on. Give up a run to the other team.
    It has been going on from Game 1. Complaining about why Hughes was even in the game from the first game. The game was over so many times that day I thought the Reds had opened up with a DH.

I complained about Bell removing starters way too fast. Even for this age of no starter must pass 6 innings less he be an ace. I stopped doing that at least after a couple of months.

I’m as mad as hell about the state of some affairs but the level of whiny. Complaining. Constant defeating attitude from the get go is even worse than 2016-18. When it was more warranted.

Maybe the rest of Cincinnati is tired of it too and will allow some carpetbagger from out of state to buy this team and say who cares if they’re not local
    Owners. As long as they spend money to get a better bullpen at the sane time you finally build a starting staff

2. Likes:

Redsfan6272 (09-02-2019),Ron Madden (09-02-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I don't get it. What do you mean "even with this team"? Are they good? And what difference does it make if the poster is new? Is his or her view less valid based on the number of posts? Isn't frustration with a losing team part of being a fan, and isn't the board for fans? I've been posting here for 20 years, and I get the feeling some people on here think Redszone is a math lab for a very narrow view of the game. Give this person a break, and cut the gaslighting.
    I think he's saying even when this team wins some people still whine and look for things to complain about.

amen!!

6. Likes:

Alabama (09-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Redszone been around for 20 years? I’ve been here 18 so you win that battle.

I don’t even know what gaslighting means. Is that a new way of grilling?

Here’s a term. Beating a dead horse. And it seems like a common theme with a lot of new posters.
    Every game. Any time the Reds don’t score. Leave a runner on. Give up a run to the other team.
    It has been going on from Game 1. Complaining about why Hughes was even in the game from the first game. The game was over so many times that day I thought the Reds had opened up with a DH.

I complained about Bell removing starters way too fast. Even for this age of no starter must pass 6 innings less he be an ace. I stopped doing that at least after a couple of months.

I’m as mad as hell about the state of some affairs but the level of whiny. Complaining. Constant defeating attitude from the get go is even worse than 2016-18. When it was more warranted.

Maybe the rest of Cincinnati is tired of it too and will allow some carpetbagger from out of state to buy this team and say who cares if they’re not local
    Owners. As long as they spend money to get a better bullpen at the sane time you finally build a starting staff
    Beating a dead horse..... like the constant tagging on Thom for being negative?

As for me, I’ve been around about 4 years, so not exactly the golden age. But I am a fan.
    Yes, I predicted, in the predictions thread, twice, that we would win 75 games. You predicted 87. So just because you’ve been around for 18 years doesn’t mean jack sh’mt

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Beating a dead horse..... like the constant tagging on Thom for being negative?

As for me, I’ve been around about 4 years, so not exactly the golden age. But I am a fan.
    Yes, I predicted, in the predictions thread, twice, that we would win 75 games. You predicted 87. So just because you’ve been around for 18 years doesn’t mean jack sh’mt

You won’t find me beating the Thom Horse very much. That gets tiring too but he’s a terrible baseball announcer. He’s an oxymoron in that he’s called a baseball announcer.

Congratulations on winning the prediction derby. What’s your prize? Did you put money down?
    Did I lose a bet with someone by predicting 87 wins? Being around for 4x longer means I put up with worst than this season or the last 3. I’ve been watching them since 1974. But of course you won the prediction derby therefore you are The Jack Ship.

You won’t find me beating the Thom Horse very much. That gets tiring too but he’s a terrible baseball announcer. He’s an oxymoron in that he’s called a baseball announcer.

Congratulations on winning the prediction derby. What’s your prize? Did you put money down?
    Did I lose a bet with someone by predicting 87 wins? Being around for 4x longer means I put up with worst than this season or the last 3. I’ve been watching them since 1974. But of course you won the prediction derby therefore you are The Jack Ship.
    You asked if that’s where I figured they would finish. I answered. I will be pretty close. You will not be

You asked if that’s where I figured they would finish. I answered. I will be pretty close. You will not be
    I think you'll find that most of RZ predicted more wins than they'll end up with in the end. This is a group that views "their guys" with rose colored glasses.

11. Likes:

Alabama (09-03-2019)

And I am really depressed that I will not win my set of stake knives for not winning the prediction derby.

I also won’t be as happy as you seem to be. More like overjoyed that you were right in yours. Like any fan of their team they always hope to win the prediction thread by predicting their team does not finish 500.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think you'll find that most of RZ predicted more wins than they'll end up with in the end. This is a group that views "their guys" with rose colored glasses.
    They also did not predict Scooter and Wood being injured as bad as they were.
    Please enjoy patting each other in the back in the coming off season.

And I am really depressed that I will not win my set of stake knives for not winning the prediction derby.

I also won’t be as happy as you seem to be. More like overjoyed that you were right in yours. Like any fan of their team they always hope to win the prediction thread by predicting their team does not finish 500.

- - - Updated - - -

They also did not predict Scooter and Wood being injured as bad as they were.
    Please enjoy patting each other in the back in the coming off season.
    There was nothing in my post that pats RZers on the back. It's looking like my prediction is going to be overly rosey too. It's not about dissing or complimenting RZers. It's about this team continually falling short of expectations

Turn Off Ads?