Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Walking Dead Final Season...

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: The Walking Dead Final Season...

This show lost its way a long time ago.

Having everyone dress like they are at a Renaissance Festival when there would be tons of clothes...available....it's weird.

Everybody has a cowboy hat and plenty of Game of Thrones costumes.

Also - believing that guns would be in shortage in the United States- good lord, there are more guns than people in this country, they'd be everywhere.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    This show lost its way a long time ago.

Having everyone dress like they are at a Renaissance Festival when there would be tons of clothes...available....it's weird.

Everybody has a cowboy hat and plenty of Game of Thrones costumes.

Also - believing that guns would be in shortage in the United States- good lord, there are more guns than people in this country, they'd be everywhere.
    I’m no TV expert but I can’t remember the last show that was so promising and just went off the rails…I don’t even know if I’d call it that…the show just starting going nowhere and I checked out.

At least Lost had a set end date and wrapped things up rather quickly but TWD has just kept going and going.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’m no TV expert but I can’t remember the last show that was so promising and just went off the rails…I don’t even know if I’d call it that…the show just starting going nowhere and I checked out.

At least Lost had a set end date and wrapped things up rather quickly but TWD has just kept going and going.
    It was awesome-

Then they got cute- which was to make you care about characters.....then they disappear for 5 episodes....then they kill them...

And they let the dude with the tiger live....

Would you rather be watching a show with King Ezekiel or Glen? Who wants to root for Neagan or care about him after he smashed people's heads in? How awesome was Abraham?

Ive never seen worse care for characters or story teling....they thought it was great to kill people off then they realize- oops, we need a show here, better stop....

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

A big issue I’ve had with it is the writing. For several years now, the only way they get themselves in trouble is via sheer stupidity. In order to be invested in the characters, I need to care about them, and these people are so foolish and unlikeable on a regular basis that it’s hard to do that. There is seldom a twist in the show where you say, “Oh, that was interesting.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I haven't watched Fear The Walking Dead. I tried watching it's first episode, but couldn't get into it.

While I may start watching it, I don't see myself watching any of the spinoff series.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    I haven't watched Fear The Walking Dead. I tried watching it's first episode, but couldn't get into it.

While I may start watching it, I don't see myself watching any of the spinoff series.
    I watched it, it was just okay- then it turned into the old west costumes....

Strand is an interesting character- they kiled off the lead people pretty on.

I watched it, it was just okay- then it turned into the old west costumes....

Strand is an interesting character- they kiled off the lead people pretty on.
    I liked it at first but then at one point, they decided they needed to say the word "help" every 5 seconds. Seriously, try it as a drinking game. "We're here to help." "We need to help them." "We just want to help people." Help, help, help. We get it: you're the only good people left in the zombie apocalypse. Congrats, you're boring.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

9. Likes:

Dom Heffner (09-18-2021)

It was awesome-

Then they got cute- which was to make you care about characters.....then they disappear for 5 episodes....then they kill them...

And they let the dude with the tiger live....

Would you rather be watching a show with King Ezekiel or Glen? Who wants to root for Neagan or care about him after he smashed people's heads in? How awesome was Abraham?

Ive never seen worse care for characters or story teling....they thought it was great to kill people off then they realize- oops, we need a show here, better stop....
    Just an FYI- both Ezekiel (head on spike courtesty of Alpha and the Whisperers) and Glenn (death by Lucille) died in the comics. Abraham was killed by Dwight via crossbow a bit before we lost Glenn. I consider Negan one of the greatest comic book antagonists ever created and he's alive in the comics at this (relative) point in the TV story, as are Maggie and Jesus (killed by Whisperers in the show). Carol is also long gone by this point, but Eugene is still around.

Jesus had the misfortune of being redundant to Daryl, who doesn't exist in the comics. That one hurt. Caring about charcters and not knowing which of them might die was the primary reason the comic got so popular in the first place. Without that component, there is no TV series.

For the core fan base, not killing Glenn (it was the single-most iconic moment in the comic series by a wide margin) or killing Negan would probably be the TV-only fan base equivalent of offing Daryl.

But, I'll ask- who do you feel the proverbial Walking Dead "red shirts" should have been thus far?
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

FYI AMC+ is $1 if you have an Amazon account and you get to watch the episodes a week in advance. Might just sign up and watch the next 2 episodes tomorrow. Offer ends tomorrow though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/offe...efitId=amcplus

I thought it was neat when they had a destination (US Army Camp or whatever), and the zombies were a little faster.

Now it's more of a caricature of itself, just cashing in.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?