Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Reds @ KC Game 1

Re: Reds @ KC Game 1

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
    I'm trying not to be negative, but I really have seen enough of VanMeter....
    I’m not sure there is another team that tries to make sub par players happen the way the Reds do. JVM, Schebler, Scooter, Peraza etc. Sure there may have been glimmers of production from each but it’s usually pretty clear what these players ceiling will be and the Reds just don’t seem to get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes:

EnglishRed (08-19-2020),Falls City Beer (08-19-2020),Jomama (08-19-2020),REDREAD (08-19-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Teams that people favorably compared the Reds to, like Cards and Cubs, will steamroll those teams. That’s what good clubs do. They execute and don’t make excuses.
    The Cubs were totally shut down by this same pitcher. Royals won the game 13-2.

Of course this has been a bad start by the reds, but Christ, they are 9-12, people are acting like they are 2-19. Get a grip, folks.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Teams that people favorably compared the Reds to, like Cards and Cubs, will steamroll those teams. That’s what good clubs do. They execute and don’t make excuses.
    Yup and the Reds used to do it in the Dusty days. It's not always easy but with the talent on your team your guys should be able to pull through. This squad seems to play these ones like they're the Bryan Price Reds and none of this really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The Cubs were totally shut down by this same pitcher. Royals won the game 13-2.

Of course this has been a bad start by the reds, but Christ, they are 9-12, people are acting like they are 2-19. Get a grip, folks.
    That was the only game of four that the Cubs lost to the Royals though.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 08-19-2020 at 07:28 PM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

REDREAD (08-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The degree to which the Royals and Tigers are pushovers has been exaggerated, they aren't the same squads that they were last season, but the Reds have to win game #2 just to ultimately manage a split in the 10 games against them combined for the season. That's just not what good teams do, they take care of business against the teams they have significantly more talent than.
    Sagarin has the Royals & Tigers ranked 14th and 29th, fivethirtyeight has them ranked 26th and 29th. Neither team will likely make the playoffs. They are pushovers.

8. Likes:

JFLegal (08-19-2020)

johnny lewis homered off Maloney to give Larry Bearnarth the win,,how sad

Did I miss something? Is someone on the reds making excuses?

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    I mean, Moose, Senzel, Farmer, Galvis? I would rather have Blandino right now than JVM. Can cover 3 infield positions.
    Go Stanford Cardinal Baseball

www.TheMagGuy.com

Man it sucks when ur stars get old. Especially when they are cashing checks equal to 1/4 of the entire franchise’s salary lol. Not a good day at all so far for our future HOF’er.
    0-3, 2K’s, GIDP, and an error.
    All while the team almost gets no-hit.
    The Great Joesph Daniel Votto has definitely seen better days.
    I just hope Votto, Suraez, Moose, Castellanos, Winker, etc, all play game 2.
    This isn’t your daddy’s MLB. Every game counts as 2.7 games normally.
    A “day off” should not even be in these guy’s vocabulary. I don’t care how old u are. If ur making $10 mil+ then u should be playing in all 3 games of a triple header if they had it.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (08-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yup and the Reds used to do it in the Dusty days. It's not always easy but with the talent on your team your guys should be able to pull through. This squad seems to play these ones like they're the Bryan Price Reds and none of this really matters.

That was the only game of four that the Cubs lost to the Royals though.
    And the Cubs got swept by the Brewers and the Reds took 2 of 3.

Who cares?

Suarez is batting .118 with an OPS barely above .500.

Under he remembers how to hit, this team is going to struggle offensively.

This is not a playoff team even in this extended playoff year....sorry. Too many holes, no leadership and poor decisions by Management.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Am I the only one that heard that? Is anyone else on MLB.TV?
    Yeah, what was that?

My lineup for Game 2 would start:

Winker
    Castellanos
    Votto
    Suarez
    Moustakas

Man, maybe it is best to start listening to trade offers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    Sagarin has the Royals & Tigers ranked 14th and 29th, fivethirtyeight has them ranked 26th and 29th. Neither team will likely make the playoffs. They are pushovers.
    Even when I get on the Reds case you do this “erm, actually” bit.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?