Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9-12-20 Reds @ Cardinals

Re: 9-12-20 Reds @ Cardinals

The Reds have about $200MM in bad contracts with no no chance to win anything other than maybe maybe maybe a wild card. Castellini has to decide if he wants to throw good money after bad money or eat it and rebuild.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I like how Redszone will flip between "leave a guy in if he's getting outs" and "you should always take a guy out too early rather than too late!" depending on whichever call is made.

Our pitchers just can't stop getting owned by Harrison Bader. 3 HRs on the year, all against us.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Take a look at the career numbers for MM and NC. Put that in this lineup along with ES's career numbers and you've got yourself a good offense. Instead we have 3 guys struggling to hit above .200
    I agree. The Reds should have a decent offense. But they need a great offense to compensate for the lousy bullpen and defense that this team also has.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

6. Likes:

REDREAD (09-13-2020)

Bell is not getting fired. I have never been a fan, but I have zero expectations that it will even be considered. The Reds are just organization as in management is still one of the teams that appear to operate with a good ole boys structure....and Bell in a Cincy guy and his dad is deeply intertwined with the decision makers in the FO.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I like how Redszone will flip between "leave a guy in if he's getting outs" and "you should always take a guy out too early rather than too late!" depending on whichever call is made.

Our pitchers just can't stop getting owned by Harrison Bader. 3 HRs on the year, all against us.
    not being rude, but this is a fan message board....I have been to many, and they all have a wide range of opinions and they all are very emotional. It is guys (and gals) that want to win so bad, and have zero control over the outcome. If you are looking for 100% rational conversation or a discussion lacking contradictions, a fan message board is not the place it will be found....not just RZ but any team board when things are not going well. Fans use these boards because they can celebrate together, and also whine together....it is an outlet.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Bring on the race for the draft picks.

Good thing football season is here. Woof.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    so you believe they will go out and sign someone next season and send him back to minors? Maybe, but I honestly do not see it happening.
    I think they will get another stopgap. Wouldn’t be shocked if they get Lindor.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    not being rude, but this is a fan message board....I have been to many, and they all have a wide range of opinions and they all are very emotional. It is guys (and gals) that want to win so bad, and have zero control over the outcome. If you are looking for 100% rational conversation or a discussion lacking contradictions, a fan message board is not the place it will be found....not just RZ but any team board when things are not going well. Fans use these boards because they can celebrate together, and also whine together....it is an outlet.
    I'd settle for 50% rational.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think they will get another stopgap. Wouldn’t be shocked if they get Lindor.
    maybe Iglesias...he is now a .350+ hitter
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The talk around baseball was that this team could win the Central. I think the players they brought in were definite upgrades, but established second-tier major leaguers. Not a Lindor or Ichiro (who is?) And too much of the short season had too much of the same Van Meter, Ervin, Casali and Farmer as last year, plus Davidson and Jankowski (sorry guys). Where’s that robust A lineup?
    Part of the issue is that the "A lineup" hasn't played many games together. Every time you look around, a starter is out for one reason or another. The biggest issue though is they just haven't performed consistently. One guy gets hot, everybody else goes cold.

I'm convinced that this season has impacted some of them mentally more than others, which may explain their performance. I'm basing that on a lot of stars across the league struggling this year.

Also, I think the Reds were one of those teams that needed time to figure things out. Unfortunately, this season made that impossible.

I think they're worn down mentally and can't get out of their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Part of the issue is that the "A lineup" hasn't played many games together. Every time you look around, a starter is out for one reason or another. The biggest issue though is they just haven't performed consistently. One guy gets hot, everybody else goes cold.

I'm convinced that this season has impacted some of them mentally more than others, which may explain their performance. I'm basing that on a lot of stars across the league struggling this year.

Also, I think the Reds were one of those teams that needed time to figure things out. Unfortunately, this season made that impossible.

I think they're worn down mentally and can't get out of their own way.
    I’ll agree some of these guys are having bad seasons but there are question marks On all of them. Maybe it’s not a bad season, maybe it’s the end for them. The Reds have a losing culture. Read the players comments. We’re a good team we just haven’t gotten hot. Look a what we could do if we’re all clicking. At some point you need to show people you can win. We’re just trying to make excuses for them and I’ve been as guilty of it as anybody.

Reds=30th/30 in MLB in team batting average. Hang a star on that one!

Votto’s out lashings have a lot of street cred lol

Votto as bad as Winker at complaining about a strike being called on a pitch that was in the zone!

That was a strike, but I think that was a build up of Votto getting repeatedly screwed on strike calls the past week or so.

I'm cool with ones like last night though if they lead to HRs.

Turn Off Ads?