Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2020

Re: IU Football-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    This should be a fun watch. Hoosiers are getting some hype for sure, 21 points is a lot over a Sparty team that always plays up to competition and down to mediocrity.

RTG’s likely wrong prediction:

MSU - 17
    Indiana - 24
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-14-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Indiana - 24
    I am a genius

I really hope next Saturday is the darkest day on tOSU history part II.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-14-2020),Strikes Out Looking (11-14-2020)

IU usually has 4 wins on Nov. 14th, but IU also usually has about 7 losses by now as well!

9. Likes:

BillDoran (11-15-2020),Revering4Blue (11-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    IU usually has 4 wins on Nov. 14th, but IU also usually has about 7 losses by now as well!
    Hopefully, those 7 loss seasons are behind us.

I am a genius
    or a half-whit since you only got half of it right!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    This is one Buckeye fan that wouldn't be devastated if the Hoosiers manage to win in Columbus. Then that just validates this year's Hoosier team, and mo' power to them.

But honestly? I don't think it's going to happen. Our run game has really not been on track most of the year, somewhat erratic with the youth, so I can see Indy's D giving us trouble there possibly. I've watched every Hoosier game this year. Very impressive ... BUT .. if I have one negative take-away, it's that they have not faced a QB this year at the level of a Justin Fields.

Your HC was a defensive coordinator and knows his stuff. When was the last time you saw a Hoosier team with a defense like this? IMO, that's always been their Achille's Heel because I've seen some impressive offenses in the past. Just couldn't stop anyone. But if your defense can control the line and exert pressure, then yeah, that can make it a close game that the Hoosiers can pull out. If not, then I think it could be a long afternoon for Indiana.

But Ohio State, IMO, hasn't played a team of this overall caliber all year. So it's really a test for both of these programs and just how good are they? Won't miss this game for anything!

But to see a B1G Championship game of Indiana v Northwestern would be cool! LOL
    Last edited by GAC; 11-15-2020 at 08:42 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-15-2020),Playadlc (11-15-2020),Revering4Blue (11-15-2020)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    That '87 win in Columbus would absolutely be dwarfed by a Hoosiers victory Saturday. That '87 Buckeyes team minus Cris Carter simply wasn't in the class of this OSU team.

And the IU offense cannot leave as many points on the table as they did yesterday in a convincing win over MSU. 24 points aren't likely to cut it Saturday.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-15-2020),GAC (11-15-2020),redsfanmia (11-15-2020)

We all know what happened last year when they faced off. No, I don't expect a repeat. And primarily because RB Dobbins ran wild on Indy (193 yds) and scored twice. The Bucks are 3rd in the B1G in Rushing Yds/G at 208. But I look at who they have played ... and I'm still not convinced. RB Teague is a young, developing back. We'll see. The best Run D they played was PSU, who is 5th in the conference (129 yds). Indiana is 3rd (111). We haven't faced anyone who possesses much of a Pass Defense. We will next Saturday because Indiana is 4th in the conference (209 yds).

Indiana and OSU have shared one opponent - Penn State. Let’s be honest - Indiana should be 2-1 because of the ending of that game. Penix was short.

Can IU neutralize Fields? To me, for IU to hang close, we have to contain him.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-15-2020)

I do not care what the spread is this week, I am picking Indiana. I allowed Bruce Feldmen to get in my head this week with his analysis that Indiana would not cover, and went against my instincts two weeks in a row and lost both times.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

21. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I do not care what the spread is this week, I am picking Indiana. I allowed Bruce Feldmen to get in my head this week with his analysis that Indiana would not cover, and went against my instincts two weeks in a row and lost both times.
    I will be watching that spread as well.

Biggest game for me since '87(Michigan St.)

Indiana and OSU have shared one opponent - Penn State. Let’s be honest - Indiana should be 2-1 because of the ending of that game. Penix was short.
    Damn man give us IU fans some hope. I saw Penix go over the goal line by many inches.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

24. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-15-2020),RedTeamGo! (11-16-2020),Revering4Blue (11-15-2020)

Turn Off Ads?