Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Those Who Lost Old Red Guard Access

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Those Who Lost Old Red Guard Access

Quote Originally Posted by peterose00 View Post
    But now you don't have to even act as if we "little brains" exist. We don't in your new world.
    As previously stated, if you don't like the direction the owners and operators of the board have decided to take, please feel free to find someplace else to post.

(I'd suggest one with big print and small words -- we wouldn't want your "little brain" to get overstimulated. )

Its a big internet and nobody is forcing you to stay. But, I suspect your intention isn't to find a good place to talk baseball.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    As previously stated, if you don't like the direction the owners and operators of the board have decided to take, please feel free to find someplace else to post.

(I'd suggest one with big print and small words -- we wouldn't want your "little brain" to get overstimulated. )

Its a big internet and nobody is forcing you to stay. But, I suspect your intention isn't to find a good place to talk baseball.
    Agreed. Peterose00, if you want to constructively criticize or question the changes, have at it, as plenty of others have been doing. If you want to continue to spew the same mindless insults at us that you've been repeatedly using for the past day, with no substance behind it, find somewhere else to do so.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    GIK is taking a much deserved mini-break from the board tonight so I'm going to try my best to answer in his absence.

The reasons were multi-fold:

1) The admins wanted to make ORG the feature of Redszone. They want to make the two synonymous. ORG = Redszone and vice versa. It's also the reason why ORG has a game thread and the SD does not.

The whole point of the reputation system was to dangle a carrot in front of new posters. That carrot was ORG. Except it didn't work because everyone had posting access to RL. Many ORG posters posted new threads and used RL as their default forum as activity on ORG reduced further. ORG became less and less of a carrot. I think the changes restore ORG to its original intent.

We played around with a few other ideas, but it was only the complete separation of forums that allowed ORG to be the centerpiece of Redszone. Everything else was a variation of the status quo.

2) Quite a few ORG (not all) posters didn't place nice with new posters in RL. Discussions we've had many times were dealt with negatively when brought up by a new poster (ignorant of the history here). That was completely unfair to the new posters.

I think there were a few additional reasons, but those are the biggies.
    I can appreciate that. thanks.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    I'm tired of it, I'm going to go somewhere where I can discuss Reds baseball without all the bull.
    I think all things are best in moderation and this is especially true of baseball blogs/boards. God bless the Redszone moderators I say....

The Redszone is one of the better baseball communities online (largely through the dedication of a very small few who take on alot of responsibility)-think SOSH, USSM etc except here we get an extreme amount of freedom and ability to express our thoughts and ideas. This place is more than a privilege...it's a godsend IMHO.

Please revisit your decision and continue to add your two cents here and make this place even better.

Last edited by jojo; 05-23-2007 at 09:53 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I have a question that I really didn't think of until today.... but in the old style those with ORG status could basically post anywhere. Now I can only post in the ORG and not in the sundeck (or whatever its called, I dont want to hit back to double check and lose this post) and I was wondering why it really was this way. Even though I had access to the ORG for quite a while, most of my comments made toward the big league club were usually in what is now the sundeck due to more users and more topics to choose from that I ended up having more input on. Since things have changed, there really has not been a topic in the ORG that I really have wanted to chime in on, but there have been about 10 in the sundeck I wanted to discuss, but couldnt. Anyways, just looking for why that change was put into place.

Not to speak for the moderators, but I've been given two reasons that ORG members lost access to the sundeck.

#1 Overly aggressive members of the ORG intimidated newcomers from posting. Thus new non-confrontational posters were being driven away.

#2 The mods feel that ORG is the heart of the board. If you're good enough to post there, the bulk of your baseball posts should be there.

I miss the ability to interact with every thread I want to, but I understand the reason for the restraints.
    Last edited by dfs; 05-26-2007 at 04:53 PM.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Not to speak for the moderators, but I've been given two reasons that ORG members lost access to the sundeck.

#1 Overly aggressive members of the ORG intimidated newcomers from posting. Thus new non-confrontational posters were being driven away.

#2 The mods feel that ORG is the heart of the board. If you're good enough to post there, the bulk of your baseball posts should be there.

I miss the ability to interact with every thread I want to, but I understand the reason for the restraints.
    I think another important reason was the notion that ORG member posts would dilute the contributions of aspiring SD members.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Recovering Cubs Fan

Also, on the Sun Deck we gets juice boxes and there aren't enough for all the big peoples.

Right Doug, what dfs and jojo said are the major reason, aside from the truth about the juiceboxes of course.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Yeah, juice boxes mess up my constitution. Unless they are prune juice boxes, of course...

Gary Redus Ruled

So I made it into the ORG after getting rep from people I do not know..and now Im banished from it for doing nothing wrong.......hmmm ok. I dont really understand that but its your site and I respect that. Now if only The Reds didnt suck so hard...
    Hoping for another Reds October

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    Also, on the Sun Deck we gets juice boxes and there aren't enough for all the big peoples.
    And you know what?

We are the assiant coaches around here, and you know are jobs? To agree with the coaches and get them juices boxes when their thristy.

Who do they think their talking to?
    You might ask. We are the juicebox boys and girls.

Their crazy!
    Their not crazy, just thristy.

Go to hell, Im no ones juicebox boy/girl
    No, you go to hell and when you're there...get them a juicebox!

"For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Boss and GIK could easily just made this a money maker, putting ads between each post, merchandise affiliations, donation requests every weekend.

But they dont. They run an honest to God forum meant to stimulate quality Reds discussion. Thats worth the time here. People behind it want it to be more than $$$.
    I'm a big fan of merchandise affiliations. Seriously - the Redszone Thong. The Redszone Beer Coozie.

GIK & Boss - Think about it guys.

I find this new system to be a sham.

Folks who don't have access to ORG are supposed to continue to post on Sundeck while waiting to be voted into ORG by people who have no reason to be reading the post on Sundeck (they can't reply so why even go there)?

So how is anyone who folks don't know supposed to ever get voted into ORG? The whole system is contingent on ORG members paying attention to what is going on in a forum they can't post at. It is crazy.

Rest assured, a whole lot of ORG members still read threads on the Sun Deck.

In addition, you can apply for ORG status. See the appropriately named thread on this forum.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?