Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    You know exactly what I meant
    No, I don't. I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    You know exactly what I meant
    Sure, but he doesn't care.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    No we're not. It's clear we're not. Don't project your neuroticism onto the rest of us. Keep your crazy to yourself. Don't try to force your lame loser craziness on people who have lives. Just shrivel up already.
    I'll tell you what, Rojo - you stop posting in this thread and so will I. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I'll tell you what, Rojo - you stop posting in this thread and so will I. Deal?
    No deal. I want to keep telling the truth.

Denmark refusing to be vaccinated. Naturally.

https://twitter.com/robinmonotti/sta...88831659483137

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

No deal. I want to keep telling the truth.
    When are you planning on starting?

8. Likes:

M2 (11-15-2020),mth123 (11-15-2020)

Now.

RRR.

https://www.scidev.net/asia-pacific/...-in-india.html

[NEW DELHI] While India’s oral polio vaccine (OPV) drives have eliminated polio from the country, they have also resulted in over 490,000 cases of paralysis during 2000—2017, says a new study based on national surveillance statistics.

India, a country of 1.3 billion people, was declared polio-free by the World Health Organization (WHO) in May 2014 in what was considered a landmark in the global drive to eradicate polio. Currently, the wild polio virus, which attacks the nervous system leading to childhood paralytic disease, is confined to Afghanistan, Nigeria and Pakistan.

“In the absence of wild polio transmission, it was expected that cases of paralysis would reduce to an acceptable rate of around two per 100,000, but this has not materialised”
    Jacob Puliyel, St. Stephen's Hospital
    The oral vaccine uses live but weakened poliovirus strains to produce antibodies that protect children from being infected with ‘wild’ or naturally-occurring polio viruses. Mass oral vaccination drives are carried out thrice a year in India to prevent person-to-person transmission of the wild virus and maintain ‘herd immunity’.

Jacob Puliyel, head of paediatrics, St. Stephen’s Hospital, Delhi, and corresponding author of the study published August in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, says that "the frequency of pulse polio administration was found to be directly or indirectly related to the incidence of non-polio acute flaccid paralysis”.

Although India’s last case of polio was reported in 2011, a surveillance system continues to annually investigate some 50,000 cases of acute flaccid paralysis (AFP) — defined as a sudden onset of paralysis or weakness in any part of the body of a child under 15 years of age.

While no case of AFP has tested positive for polio since 2012, the rate of non-polio paralysis has continued to be unusually high, especially in the northern states of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, which together have a population of 300 million people.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    “But muh beer at a bar!”

Nobody is saying just lock everything down. You know that. Its shut down non-essential businesses and provide unemployment to those effected until it’s under control and we are rolling out a vaccine.
    What is non essential and why are "essential workers" more dispensable than non-essential workers? If it's too dangerous for you why isn't it too dangerous for them? If you wanna shut down, shut everything down, no? Your mail, your food, your banks, etc. Shut it all down. Because none of us matter more.

11. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (11-16-2020),Falls City Beer (11-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    What is non essential and why are "essential workers" more dispensable than non-essential workers? If it's too dangerous for you why isn't it too dangerous for them? If you wanna shut down, shut everything down, no? Your mail, your food, your banks, etc. Shut it all down. Because none of us matter more.
    Exactly. They don't even see the elitism of it.

Unbelievable!

The thing is that Republicans do get it.

When you understand that letting pickers picking lettuce isn't some sort of enlightened policy.

Capiche?
    Last edited by Rojo; 11-15-2020 at 01:29 AM.

Exactly. The argument that essential workers have had their workplaces appropriately prepped to handle Covid was a myth to help the work from home people feel better. We threw them to the wolves because they’re primarily low-wage service workers. It’s all a joke. As you say, the answer is clear: shut everything down. Pay everyone to stay home for the next 6 months—or until the vaccine can be distributed. But that isn’t and never was in the offing.

15. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (11-16-2020),BernieCarbo (11-15-2020),Crumbley (11-15-2020),Rojo (11-17-2020),Stray (11-16-2020)

When you understand that letting pickers picking lettuce isn't some sort of enlightened policy.

Capiche?
    What do you want the country to be doing that it isn't doing right now? Most kids are in school. Most restaurants are open. You live in the most liberal city in America, if you don't like the policy there, move I guess, but you're projecting a lot of nonsense on a board where most everyone is posting from locations where everything is open.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

17. Likes:

mth123 (11-15-2020),RedTeamGo! (11-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    What do you want the country to be doing that it isn't doing right now? Most kids are in school. Most restaurants are open. You live in the most liberal city in America, if you don't like the policy there, move I guess, but you're projecting a lot of nonsense on a board where most everyone is posting from locations where everything is open.
    Most kids are not in school. Most restaurants are at 25-50% capacity (and only some with indoor dining—though chain restaurants appear to be open) with limited hours. Bars are closed.

19. Likes:

Rojo (11-17-2020)

I'm wondering what Dewine will do this week. The numbers won't be better. Even if everyone did a 180 and started social distancing/mask wearing right after his speech last week, it wouldn't' turn around this quickly.

So he said if the numbers aren't better, he's shutting it down. But, although he did mention a few specifics, otherwise he was pretty vague.

Whatever he decides, it's going to make a lot of people very angry.

Good times...
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 11-15-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

This is such a strawman. I’ll tell you what is not essential: bars.

This isn’t difficult.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-15-2020),Strikes Out Looking (11-15-2020)

Turn Off Ads?