Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft

Re: 2021 NBA Draft

I’ve read that Bledsoe don’t remain in Memphis but did not see anything about his next destination. He certainly has learned NBA geography in the past 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Big trade between the Pelicans and the Grizz.

New Orleans sent Eric Bledsoe, Steven Adams, picks #10 and #40 in this draft and the Laker's top 10 protected 1st rounder next season in exchange for Jonas Valanciunas and picks #17 and #51 in this draft.

First impression is I like the deal for New Orleans a lot more than Memphis. Valanciunas is the best player in the deal and I think he'll slot in next to Zion much better than Adams. They also have some cash to spend on free agents. The Grizz immediately get worse and have less cash on hand. It's also hard to imagine the difference between picks 10 and 17 is going to net them much extra in the way of near-term help.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I’ve read that Bledsoe don’t remain in Memphis but did not see anything about his next destination. He certainly has learned NBA geography in the past 12 years.
    Moving him along would make sense as he's got nowhere to play on Memphis except as a wildly overpaid backup. Though that's a big sucker the Grizz have on the line if someone is willing to take Bledsoe.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I have nothing to add about the draft, other than to say that Moses Moody is an All-NBA caliber name.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

5. Likes:

BillDoran (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Sam Presti is having his locker tag made as we speak. His modest request: All your draft picks.
    Last edited by BillDoran; 07-27-2021 at 05:03 PM.

Moving him along would make sense as he's got nowhere to play on Memphis except as a wildly overpaid backup. Though that's a big sucker the Grizz have on the line if someone is willing to take Bledsoe.
    If they choose to buy him out, Bledsoe would make all sorts of sense with the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If they choose to buy him out, Bledsoe would make all sorts of sense with the Clippers.
    That is a heavy hit to carry on your books all for a marginal draft pick improvement this season and a Lakers pick next season that probably isn't going to be very sexy.

That is a heavy hit to carry on your books all for a marginal draft pick improvement this season and a Lakers pick next season that probably isn't going to be very sexy.
    Would it be better if the Grizzlies dealt him to the Clippers for Luke Kennard and a couple lesser contracts?

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-28-2021)

Would it be better if the Grizzlies dealt him to the Clippers for Luke Kennard and a couple lesser contracts?
    Bad contract challenge trade!

I kind of like it. Kennard could be the guy who gets easy shot because you forgot about him while Ja Morant does Ja Morant things. And the Clips could use an anonymous PG like Bledsoe.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-28-2021)

Don't know where else to put this, but is anybody else watching Olympic basketball and thinking the ball looks like a pretzel bite?

Givony's new mock has Orlando getting Barnes @ #5 and Kuminga @ #8....that would be very good for Orlando.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Givony's new mock has Orlando getting Barnes @ #5 and Kuminga @ #8....that would be very good for Orlando.
    Maybe.

Neither is a good shooter at all.

They'll defend, of course. But Orlando needs guys who can fill it up. Last season, they ranked 30 in field goal percentage-- and that was with Aaron Gordon, Evan Fournier, and Nicola Vucevic. Okeke, Ross, Anthony, Fultz, Bamba, Hampton, Garry Harris-- none of them have shown a penchant for shooting well. Adding two more would be a difficult ask of an offense that labors even under the best of circumstances.

I'd package them to move up in order to draft Jalen Green (if possible). If that didn't work, I'd move down or just draft a shooter with at least one of the picks. There are lots to choose from-- Davion Mitchell, Chris Duarte, Moritz's little bro, Corey Kispert.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 07-28-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Bledsoe and the Knicks are destined to be together.
    Jaylen Green, Evan Mobley and Jaden Springer are three prospects in this year’s draft that I think have a good combination of skill and physical projection. Of course their development will depend on which organizations draft them, their coachability and luck (injuries, opportunities for playing time, etc).

Maybe.

Neither is a good shooter at all.
    That was my first reaction. Haven't the Magic had enough of "he'll be great if he learns to shoot" guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Bledsoe and the Knicks are destined to be together.
    I actually like Bledsoe as a PG for the Knicks.

He's far better than Elfrid Payton and could play that role well.

They'd need him cheap, though.

That was my first reaction. Haven't the Magic had enough of "he'll be great if he learns to shoot" guys?
    That's been their entire drafting philosophy for a decade.

I think Courtney Lee was their last draftee who didn't have questions about his shot. That was 2008.

Turn Off Ads?