Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Draft Class

Re: 2020 Draft Class

Max Meyer has the best stuff in the draft IMO. That would be a steal if he fell to us. Zac Veen would be great too. Still hoping somehow someway that Nick Gonzalez falls to us...although he won't.

Also Prospects365 has 3 different drafts by it's 3 writers. The other 2 have Cavalli and Abel to us at 12.
    Last edited by DocRed; 06-05-2020 at 03:37 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

One of my weekend projects is to get my draft SS ready for 2020........ I guess it's going to look different this year.

OK. It's ready.

Here's the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by JaxRed; 06-05-2020 at 06:46 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

4. Likes:

DocRed (06-06-2020),Edd Roush (06-06-2020),REDREAD (06-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I support this idea based on his name along. I'm willing to gamble on anyone named Nick Bitsko sight unseen.
    It's a strong possibility as long as the Reds get their pick up to the podium in the nick of time. Actually, Bitsko would be the Reds fifth first-round Nick pick in the last 13 years - Travieso, Howard, Senzel, Lodolo and Bitsko. For their draft party they could allow Reds fans down onto the field at GABP for the world's largest PickNick. Maybe Yogi Bear could emcee the entire affair. I'm now entirely convinced that selecting anyone other than Bitsko would be a major Boo Boo.

6. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (06-10-2020),Tuff Nut (06-10-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Thinking about this particular draft, it wouldn't surprise me if most teams go for college players early. That could leave some high school gems dropping to the Reds at 12. I'm hoping for Veen.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

8. Likes:

podgejeff_ (06-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Max Meyer has the best stuff in the draft IMO. That would be a steal if he fell to us. Zac Veen would be great too. Still hoping somehow someway that Nick Gonzalez falls to us...although he won't.

Also Prospects365 has 3 different drafts by it's 3 writers. The other 2 have Cavalli and Abel to us at 12.
    If the Reds draft Abel, do you think, to coach him, they'll try to hire Matt Cain?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

10. Likes:

Kc61 (06-07-2020)

Ian Smith at Prospects365 reiterates his pick of Mick Abels for the Reds in his second mock. I have been opposed to HS pitchers with first picks along with perhaps 90% of the board. Yet, he makes a good case. He gives the Reds credit for their newly instituted ability to develop pitchers. He pointed out in his earlier mock that Abel has two plus off-speed pitches to go with his upper 90's FB. I like tall pitchers as well. Abel seems to have grown an inch since he was first described by Smith in April, now reaching 6' 6''. For these reasons I would be OK with this pick.

Smith also dares to mock the first five rounds, about the same odds as picking all the winners in March Madness. His picks for the Reds, however, make sense to me as well.

2. Blaze Jordan. Light tower power 1B.
    2B. Ben Hernandez. HS RHP. Devastating changeup (RP fallback)
    3. Anthony Servideo. LHH college SS. Good speed with ability to stick at SS (utility IF fallback)
    4. Trei Cruz. SH college SS with bloodlines. (utility fallback)
    5. Joe Boyle. College RHP. ++FB and good slider (RP profile)

I'd be happy with these picks.
    https://prospects365.com/2020/06/07/...ock-draft-2-0/

I want Kjerstad
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

JFLegal (06-10-2020)

Max Meyer, Zac Veen or Ed Howard look good to me
    Go BLUE!!!

I'm sticking with Zac Veen, Austin Hendrick, or Ed Howard. Kjerstad wouldn't bother me either.

This is assuming nobody like Torkelson, Martin, Lacy or Hancock fall. It seems like every year there's somebody at 12 that should have gone before 7.

With day to go, here's the latest mock Draft

Reds: Pete Crow-Armstrong, OF, Harvard-Westlake HS (Calif.)

If the Reds want to go the college arm route, there’s likely interest in Cavalli here. But I’ve heard a lot of talk about high school bats and Crow-Armstrong, one of the best pure center fielders in this class, is being mentioned more and more.

I tend to think they'll go college arm but I think I might rather go big on upside with Crow-Armstrong if he's there.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    With day to go, here's the latest mock Draft

I tend to think they'll go college arm but I think I might rather go big on upside with Crow-Armstrong if he's there.
    Barf, Siani 2.0

Yeah I gotta wonder why they'd go PCA with Garrett Mitchell on the board.

Funny. I expect this choice will fuel arguments for years. Only thing I'm glad Buckley isn't here to try to outsmart the draft yet again.

19. Likes:

Benihana (06-10-2020),NC Reds (06-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Yeah I gotta wonder why they'd go PCA with Garrett Mitchell on the board.
    Better name?

Mayo and Callis both have Reds taking Cade Cavalli in their final mock.

Don’t have a subscription so I’m curious who Law and McDaniel have in their final mocks?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Mayo and Callis both have Reds taking Cade Cavalli in their final mock.

Don’t have a subscription so I’m curious who Law and McDaniel have in their final mocks?
    I am A-OK with Cavali

23. Likes:

NC Reds (06-10-2020)

Turn Off Ads?