Dan Uggla 2B Season .283 26 89
    Miguel Cabrera 3B Season .335 25 111
    Josh Willingham LF Season .278 25 73
    Wes Helms 1B Season .317 10 45
    Cody Ross RF Season .241 13 45
    Miguel Olivo C Season .267 16 58
    Alfredo Amezaga CF Season .261 3 18
    Anibal Sanchez P Season .121 0 2
    Last edited by reds44; 09-27-2006 at 06:00 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Porkchop Sandwiches

Re: Believe!! Reds @ Marlins Game Thread

I hate this lineup.

(Not really what I feel but if I ever agree with a lineup it is a guarantee for a shutout.)

We have a slight glimmer of hope, so we start Clayton over EE. Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    We have a slight glimmer of hope, so we start Clayton over EE. Makes sense to me.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Narron needs to go. Now.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I was going to go to the game...now I'm thinking about it.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I was going to go to the game...now I'm thinking about it.
    go

Last night, batting order positions 3 through 6 did nothing. Zero hits. So Narron shakes it up adding Ross and Holly. Don't mind Ross over Valentin because Sanchez actually is tough on lefy hitters.

EE has been slumping with a .615 OPS this month. So a night off. Clayton has had some big hits in the last two games so he gets one more shot. He's a vet, has been through this, so Narron takes a chance on him tonight.

Phillips also slumping so gets dropped to 8th, but his glove's still in there.

Makes sense to me.

Porkchop Sandwiches

How do EE and Aurilia's numbers compare against righties for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    How do EE and Aurilia's numbers compare against righties for the season?

EE has the better OPS, .842 to .809.

I think Narron may be focusing on overall hitting for last 30 days. RA OPS is .836. EE is .585.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Last night, batting order positions 3 through 6 did nothing. Zero hits. So Narron shakes it up adding Ross and Holly. Don't mind Ross over Valentin because Sanchez actually is tough on lefy hitters.

EE has been slumping with a .615 OPS this month. So a night off. Clayton has had some big hits in the last two games so he gets one more shot. He's a vet, has been through this, so Narron takes a chance on him tonight.

Makes sense to me.
    I'm sorry, but a month does not make a career. Clayton hs proven time and time again that he can't hit, especially against righties. EE is one of our few potential impact bats.

I'll take my chances with a slumping EE and hope he figures things out. It's our best chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    I'm sorry, but a month does not make a career. Clayton hs proven time and time again that he can't hit, especially against righties. EE is one of our few potential impact bats.

I'll take my chances with a slumping EE and hope he figures things out. It's our best chance.
    A month is significant if it's this month.

Reasonable decision by Narron.

Makes sense to me.
    Playing your team's best players is a huge aspect in a factor known as giving your team the best chance to win on that given night.

There's five games left in the season, the Reds are 2.5 games back of the division leader, and they need every win possible from now until the end of the season. If ever there is a time to ensure that the best possible team is out on the field each night, now is it.

Two months ago when Narron benched Encarnacion, I said it'd be a darn shame if we finished only a couple games out of a playoff spot because it makes you wonder how many runs Narron cost this team by benching Encarnacion in July. If we would finish 10 games out, then Jerry Narron's screwups wouldn't mean the difference between playoffs/no playoffs.

But if we finish only a couple games out, then Jerry Narron's screwups throughout the season could most definitely be one key difference in playoffs/no playoffs.

It's sad when you think about it. Very sad.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

The Reds will not lose again this season

Book it.
    Go Gators!

A month is significant if it's this month.

Reasonable decision by Narron.
    True, but then should we start Hopper over Dunn until he figures things out?

I generally would agree in taking this month's stats into the decision if you are deciding between 2 fairly even skilled players where you can play the hot hand, but there is such a huge talent gap between Royce Clayton and Edwin Encarnacion that I don't even take it into consideration.

And just for the record, Clayton has an OPS of .619 for the month, right at EE's OPS of .616.

Aurilla hasn't hit well in 2 weeks. He needs the day off.

I say the Reds chances die tonight. The Cards need this game badly and will go all out to make it happen, while the Reds languish under the fluff lefty. The only hope is that the Marlins simply don't care.

Turn Off Ads?