Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Kind of a clearing house for all the times our Redlegs are specifically mentioned as being "interested" in a player.

Mark Feinsand
    @Feinsand

Robinson Chirinos' market is already active this winter. In addition to the Mets (1st reported by @KenDavidoff), the Astros, Reds and Rangers are among teams that have shown interest in the 35-year-old catcher, per sources. Chirinos has hit 52 HR in 315 G since the start of 2017.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

LW (12-01-2019),Redeyecat (11-20-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Don’t know if this is posted yet but Reds have traded for Jose De Leon.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

5. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (11-21-2019),Edd Roush (11-21-2019),LW (12-01-2019),Ron Madden (11-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Kind of a clearing house for all the times our Redlegs are specifically mentioned as being "interested" in a player.
    that would be a massive letdown and drop off from Grandal...

7. Likes:

LW (12-03-2019),Revering4Blue (11-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    that would be a massive letdown and drop off from Grandal...
    ..but still an upgrade IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Another article wanting the Reds to give Castillo to the Yankees.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...tem/ar-BBX6Ix2

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

*looks closely* I don't see Gleyber Torres' name anywhere. The article is a joke.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

11. Likes:

757690 (11-21-2019),CarolinaRedleg (11-22-2019),Edd Roush (11-21-2019),OGB (11-22-2019),Old school 1983 (11-21-2019),reds77 (11-21-2019),Revering4Blue (11-21-2019),Rojo Rijo (11-21-2019),Tuff Nut (11-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

I agree. Seems awfully lite in the britches to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    *looks closely* I don't see Gleyber Torres' name anywhere. The article is a joke.
    Yankee fans and writers are just terrible at overvaluing their players. They expect to get the best player on other teams for their trash. Both do not look at the needs and plans of the other team when proposing their nonsense.

If the Yankees want Castillo, their farm system is gonna see some devastation. Garcia's got gaudy K number, but a 4+ BB/9 and I don't trust 5-9/163lb starters. Frazier \could be OK for the #2 piece, but not as enamored of him as I was. Open the discussion with Gleyber Torres and we might start to talk.

15. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-21-2019),WrongVerb (11-21-2019)

they trade Castillo, Might as well tell the fans "April Fools" We are staying in last place!

17. Likes:

malcontent (11-21-2019)

I'd want Jason Dominguez in any deal like that.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

An Ace level-starter is the toughest commodity to acquire (especially for the Reds organization and especially one that is homegrown). For the Reds to possess one (one with ample remaining control) and even muse about dealing them before they have seriously investigating a contract extension is ridiculous. Even if they dared to consider such an act and didn't demand a haul that made there trade partner squeal in agony would be even more ludicrous.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 11-22-2019 at 08:32 AM.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-22-2019),malcontent (11-21-2019)

Another absurdity about dealing Castillo is that they have to have someone exactly like him in return to fill his gaping hole in the rotation.

I think any talk of trading Castillo can almost certainly be shelved, no matter what ideas an MLB.com writer is throwing out there. It's pretty clear that at this juncture the Reds aren't looking to sell off pieces for prospects, let alone their most valuable piece.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Well we gave them Chapman for next to nothing. Why shouldn't they expect similar stupidity on our part regarding Castillo?

24. Likes:

redsman2007 (11-21-2019)

Turn Off Ads?