Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Finally!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Finally!
    Losing to the awful Redskins has consequences, evidently.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

5. Likes:

Tom Servo (12-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I saw somebody on Twitter say that the Seahawks are like the Chargers, except they win. Seems pretty accurate. Every game is close, and they often make some mistakes to let the other team hang around. The defense is not great, and Chris Carson has a lot of fumbles this year. But Russ is so good, and they figure out how to win at the end, while the chargers always find a new way to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Penny is so much better than Carson. I expect Penny to average over 100 yards rushing (on 15 attempts) in the playoffs.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The Seahawks lost all of those great Defensive Coordinators and all of those All-Pro Defenders, ans they still excel Defensively. Clearly, Pete Carroll is a great Defensive Coach.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I saw somebody on Twitter say that the Seahawks are like the Chargers, except they win. Seems pretty accurate. Every game is close, and they often make some mistakes to let the other team hang around. The defense is not great, and Chris Carson has a lot of fumbles this year. But Russ is so good, and they figure out how to win at the end, while the chargers always find a new way to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gus Bradley, D.C. of the Chargers, was the D.C. when the Seahawks had their best Defense. He may not have been able to put together points in Jacksonville on Offense, but their Defenses were good. It really shows now as nothing explains why JAX's Defense is so bad other than Bradley's departure.

It's hard to get a HC who can lead his team to success in both areas.

Ravens/Seahawks is the Super Bowl America deserves.

10. Likes:

Chip R (12-04-2019),Newport Red (12-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Losing to the awful Redskins has consequences, evidently.
    OC Dwight Shrute (Norv Turner), papa to the interim HC, will transition to "Special Assistant to the Head Coach."

Wonder if he used whiteout like Dwight or got new cards?

12. Likes:

Chip R (12-04-2019)

Jason Garrett surely gets fired tomorrow, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Poor team showing against the iffy Bills in the Thanksgiving Day game, But I can't see them firing Garrett at this point there's no magic man to come in and turning around for them at this late date.

The NFC East is pretty bad this sson. All the owners don't like that because the NFC east teams draw a lot of TV audience, lot of money for the sharing of tv ratings money.

15. Likes:

GAC (12-06-2019)

Poor team showing against the iffy Bills in the Thanksgiving Day game, But I can't see them firing Garrett at this point. There's no magic man to come in and turning around for them at this late date.

The NFC East is pretty bad this sson. All the owners don't like that because the NFC east teams draw a lot of TV audience, lot of money for the sharing of tv ratings money.

Not that he doesn't deserve it; but if the media pundits have anything to say about it, it won't happen soon enough.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

18. Likes:

Chip R (12-06-2019)

Does Dallas really have as much talent as everyone says? Daks numbers are good, but I don't know if he'd be in my personal Top 10 QB's right now. I just don't think he has 'it.'

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Poor team showing against the iffy Bills in the Thanksgiving Day game, But I can't see them firing Garrett at this point. There's no magic man to come in and turning around for them at this late date.

They could just as easily hand it over to Kris Richard or Kellen Moore and see if it creates a spark. If it does, roll with them next season and if not, go after whoever Jerry wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Does Dallas really have as much talent as everyone says? Daks numbers are good, but I don't know if he'd be in my personal Top 10 QB's right now. I just don't think he has 'it.'
    I don’t think he ever had it to begin with. He’s overrated due to the fact he plays for the Cowboys. Same could have been said for any QB that came after Troy Aikman.

Supposedly Urban Meyer, Lincoln Riley, and Clemson OC Tony Elliott are candidates if/when Garrett gets sacked.

I kinda wonder if Dabo would consider the Panthers opening and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It won't matter until Owner Jerrah fires GM Jerrah and lets someone with actual football knowledge take over as GM. Jerry buys stars without consideration of how they all fit and that's why they've struggled and maintain a slightly above 500 record since 1997.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?