Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Dave Lapham has a pod now (you all probably heard) but he's also apparently doing recaps of each practice. At least, he did one yesterday. Was 17 minutes of just Lap's musings and obs. Worth a watch if you have time:

Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Turn Off Ads?

They still should have signed Haskins. Unless his medical was not good.

Lapham's day 2 In the Trenches:

A quick summary:

The three players who have initially jumped out at Lap from a few days of no pads practices are:

1. Trae Wayans (looks the part - long and fast)

2. Trey Hendrickson (went on and on re: his physical and fluid approach - thinks he and Hubbard will be a handful)

3. D'Ante Smith - Lap was pretty effusive here. Said he is popping out already - that the arm length and quick feet are really noticeable. Said Smith has attached himself to Reif and is soaking everything in. This was a pretty fun thing to hear, frankly.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Lap's day 3 camp obs:

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Lapham's day 2 In the Trenches:

A quick summary:

The three players who have initially jumped out at Lap from a few days of no pads practices are:

1. Trae Wayans (looks the part - long and fast)

2. Trey Hendrickson (went on and on re: his physical and fluid approach - thinks he and Hubbard will be a handful)

3. D'Ante Smith - Lap was pretty effusive here. Said he is popping out already - that the arm length and quick feet are really noticeable. Said Smith has attached himself to Reif and is soaking everything in. This was a pretty fun thing to hear, frankly.
    Could Smith be that OL depth you were pining for since the injury to Hakeem Adeniji? That'd be huge...a long shot but...

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Lap's day 3 camp obs:

Jonah Williams size 17 shoe? Who knew?

Is this the first yr for Lapham's show or did I miss this in past yrs?

Wow:

https://twitter.com/bengaljims_btr/s...058589188?s=21

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Could Smith be that OL depth you were pining for since the injury to Hakeem Adeniji? That'd be huge...a long shot but...
    I don’t think it’s a long shot. He’s a 4th round pick who has size and length.

Good wrap-up of the Saturday public practice at PBS from Lap and Hoard w/ video:

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1...363762689?s=20

Lap on day 4:

Rest day today for the players.

I think the schedule this week is practice Monday - Wednesday and then again Friday - Sunday. Pads for first time on Tuesday

The return of Frank Pollack is huge for this team...Bengals O line is fairly young important to have a guy on the staff that actually teaches technique.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The return of Frank Pollack is huge for this team...Bengals O line is fairly young important to have a guy on the staff that actually teaches technique.
    The backups are young, anyway. Pollack has been pretty constant about Carmen having to fight his way onto the field. As it stands now, all vets left to right - Jonah/Spain/Hopkins/XSF/Reif ---- which makes me really happy. He can go to work on D'Ante Smith, Carmen, and try and rehabilitate Jordan without having to put Burrow at risk. Given Mike Zimmer D is first up, I am fine with vets for awhile...

Pollack also made the right call in asking Jonah to show up at camp 15 lbs heavier...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

That too. Feels like pollack and jonah are gonna be a great match

rookie d-lineman Cam Sample back:

@Ben_Baby
    ·
    4m
    Bengals rookie DE Cam Sample has passed his physical and is cleared to practice, the team announced.

Turn Off Ads?