Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 PGA Championship

Re: 2020 PGA Championship

Tiger struggled yesterday but at least still made the cut at EVEN. Still only 8 shots back of Li and 6 shots back of 2nd place. Punchers chance today as he will go out early.

2. Turn Off Ads?

One could do much worse than going with the British trio of Rose, Casey and Fleetwood.

Tiger finishes at +2 today only after birdieing 2 of the last 3 holes. Could have been worse..

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Wow you were right by me, just 2 decades earlier LOL. I worked at the Concord hospital too I forgot. Mt Diablo I think it was called.
    Had a house two blocks south of the Walnut Creek BART station. At the time, it was one block to the west of the NW Corner of downtown Walnut Creek. What I loved about living there was that it was at the confluence of the two mountain (what they call mountains there) ranges, where one went NE and the other SE. The wind off the Bay would hit the ranges and go both directions leaving Walnut Creek with a unique climate where it rained only two weeks out of the year, so we could play softball 12 months out of the year. Got snow once which was strange.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-08-2020 at 08:42 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I’m going with Xander, Day, Brooks, Fairway Jesus. In that order.
    Who caddies for Jesus?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Who caddies for Jesus?
    He shouldn’t need one....lol. I don’t know who FleetWood’s caddy is. I did play against Ricky Eliot, Koepka’s caddy, in college though. Good player, great guy.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Had a house two blocks south of the Walnut Creek BART station. At the time, it was one block to the west of the NW Corner of downtown Walnut Creek. What I loved about living there was that it was at the confluence of the two mountain (what they call mountains there) ranges, where one went NE and the other SE. The wind off the Bay would hit the ranges and go both directions leaving Walnut Creek with a unique climate where it rained only two weeks out of the year, so we could play softball 12 months out of the year. Got snow once which was strange.
    Hmm....I lived right next to the Pleasant Hill Bart off of Treat blvd

Tiger -2 today in first 5 holes to pull to EVEN overall. Tied for 43rd

Van Royen looks like he is out there playing in yoga pants and a hoodie. Yikes!

Tiger T-38 right now. Not a great result but certainly not horrible. He had 2 good rounds this weekend and 2 not so good.

Tiger T-38 right now. Not a great result but certainly not horrible. He had 2 good rounds this weekend and 2 not so good.
    You really like Tiger. Maybe more than I do 🤣. He really needed to play last week to have had no chance this week. You just can’t enter majors without tournament reps.

This tournament, even without Tiger contending, is crazy good.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

13. Likes:

DocRed (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    You really like Tiger. Maybe more than I do ��. He really needed to play last week to have had no chance this week. You just can’t enter majors without tournament reps.

This tournament, even without Tiger contending, is crazy good.
    I do....LOL. I don't even watch golf when he isn't playing most of the times. I'm horrible at it to boot (never broke 120!) I agree he should have played last week if not just to entertain me. Im encouraged by his last round though and perhaps that will lead him to be in contention at the Northern Trust which seems to be his next start in a couple of weeks.

Tiger winning the Masters last year was for me the ultimate sports high for me. Even more so than the Reds wining the World Series in 1990 or the Ohio State Buckeyes winning the CFB playoffs in 2014.

That being said I am rooting for DJ or Finau to win today. Can't root for a non-American and I'm not a big fan of Bryson's antics recently. I like Brooks a lot more recently with him calling out cheaters and Bryson but for some reason I don't want him to win 3 straight which is probably Tiger related.
    Last edited by DocRed; 08-09-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Dang Koepka +4 today and basically out of it now

Dang Koepka +4 today and basically out of it now
    Karma works quickly these days.

If you want to get in on the ground floor of the next big thing in golf: Collin Morikawa.

Turn Off Ads?