Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Euro soccer thread

Re: 2019-20 Euro soccer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    They have too many needs on the backline to hoard talent up front — if Pulisic isn’t gonna play, I would expect him to be sold to free up resources to improve the defense and/or replace Kepa.

I think Lampard rates him too highly to do that, but if he doesn’t than they need to sell IMO.
    Big clubs sometimes shove incredibly talented players into a closet where you can't hear them scream. I'm sure Lamps rates them all highly, but not all of them can start.
    Last edited by M2; 07-29-2020 at 10:28 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    ScotlandRed this has nothing to do with what you posted above but wanted to know if you're Celtic/Rangers guy at all one way or the other. I've been watching the Old Firm for a few years now and always find it supremely entertaining. Today I saw that Morelos got sold to Lille and I'm a tad bit sad to see him go. He seemed to always be good for a Gordie Howe Ha trick - A goal, An Assist, and a fight (or in his case a red). Anyway just wondering how the news was taken and what the thought is about how to replace him?
    I am neither. I am Hibernian fan.

I cannot stand either of those teams but the games are usually entertaining and the atmosphere would be brilliant. No time for either of the clubs though.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/G1Y833/ham...ers-G1Y833.jpg

Good times. Hibs win the Scottish cup at Hamden Park, winning goal in extra time.

Name:  6D394B0B-D8E6-4D68-885D-B91573B3A243.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  51.9 KB

This is on my bedroom wall. Flag from the corner flag where the equalising and winning goals were scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    https://c7.alamy.com/comp/G1Y833/ham...ers-G1Y833.jpg

Good times. Hibs win the Scottish cup at Hamden Park, winning goal in extra time.

6. Likes:

M2 (07-31-2020)

Arsenal have been completely unpredictable since the restart and somehow won the FA Cup. I’m speechless.

8. Likes:

M2 (08-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Arsenal have been completely unpredictable since the restart and somehow won the FA Cup. I’m speechless.
    Always nice to win a cup, but this is Arsenal's 4th FA Cup in the past 7 seasons and I suspect most fans will view this as an inadequate consolation prize.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Always nice to win a cup, but this is Arsenal's 4th FA Cup in the past 7 seasons and I suspect most fans will view this as an inadequate consolation prize.
    Needed it to get into Europa and gets a trophy for Arteta right out the gate. It’s a reasonably big win even though there’s been success in the past.

Pulisic played well, scored a goal and messed up his hammy. He and Mason Mount impressed. For big clubs, both Chelsea’s and Arsenal’s defenders were awful. And I like reisinger, but he has to be more positionally aware.

I think Arsenal are pretty happy with that. They qualify for Europe and win a trophy in what most of their fans thought would be a dead season. Also gives a bit more incentive for Aubameyang to sign a new contract. And most fans long term will remember an FA Cup win rather than the "we finished 4th in the Premier League" target that most clubs invest more importance in.

Fulham is going back up!
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

14. Likes:

EnglishRed (08-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Fulham is going back up!
    Very entertaining game, particularly the second half and extra time.

I didn't know much about Brentford, but those statistics about all the times they've lost in promotion playoffs in the last 30 years are absolutely brutal.

16. Likes:

M2 (08-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Very entertaining game, particularly the second half and extra time.

I didn't know much about Brentford, but those statistics about all the times they've lost in promotion playoffs in the last 30 years are absolutely brutal.
    Very happy Fulham won that. Brentford are one of the most unjustifiably arrogant teams in the Championship. After their comments about Leeds fearing them, saying they weren't going away, talking about pressure and then absolutely bottling it twice. Their twitter feed replies are basically Leeds fans getting their own back and to be honest I'd be happy if someone invented a way to inject their tears into my veins....

18. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (08-05-2020)

Iker Casillas officially retired today. He's one of only three players captain winning teams at the World Cup, European Championship and European Cup/Champions League. The other two are the Kaiser and Didier Deschamps.

Everybody is free to have their best ever arguments, but San Iker's the only I know who achieved sainthood.

Iker Casillas officially retired today. He's one of only three players captain winning teams at the World Cup, European Championship and European Cup/Champions League. The other two are the Kaiser and Didier Deschamps.

Everybody is free to have their best ever arguments, but San Iker's the only I know who achieved sainthood.
    https://twitter.com/ASRomaEN/status/...615041/photo/1

Respect

21. Likes:

M2 (08-05-2020)

Willian's heading to Arsenal.

Turn Off Ads?