Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

Source: Cincinnati Bearcats football coach Luke Fickell to interview for Michigan State opening this weekend
    DAVID JESSE, CHRIS SOLARI | DETROIT FREE PRESS

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...io/4696198002/

Money money money...money.
    Last edited by North; 02-08-2020 at 12:13 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well Tucker said he's not going anywhere.

Fickell has gone dark.

Oh well...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Well Tucker said he's not going anywhere.

Fickell has gone dark.

Oh well...
    Who's Tucker?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Who's Tucker?
    Colorado coach Mel Tucker, the other applicant interviewing this weekend. Said he has no intention of leaving Colorado.

Sounds like Fickell is gone. Which is why UC Football can only go so far.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Colorado coach Mel Tucker, the other applicant interviewing this weekend. Said he has no intention of leaving Colorado.

Sounds like Fickell is gone. Which is why UC Football can only go so far.
    MSU AD went back to Lansing w/o a deal. I think that bodes well for Fickell staying

7. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-09-2020)

Not sure why Fickell would not take the job without any guarantee that Cincinnati will get into a P5 conference in the near future. It has long been expected he wanted a B10 job, and Ohio State will not likely be open anytime soon. He was interested in the WVU job last year, and likely would have taken it if offered....kind of hard to imagine he would take WVU job and pass on Michigan State.

9. Likes:

Chip R (02-10-2020)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    MSU AD went back to Lansing w/o a deal. I think that bodes well for Fickell staying
    https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...3/#143603943_1

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    If they're going back to the Board of Trustees it sounds like Fickell made some special demand(s) that they need to clear with the higher ups. We'll see.

Fickell is staying at UC, per the Enquirer.

13. Likes:

Chip R (02-10-2020),Sea Ray (02-10-2020)

Fickell is staying at UC, per the Enquirer.
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...te/4707288002/

I think this is a good move on his part, considering the NCAA issues facing MSU and the recruiting class Fickell has coming in to UC.

So much for reading the Twitter tea leaves...

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Not sure why Fickell would not take the job without any guarantee that Cincinnati will get into a P5 conference in the near future. It has long been expected he wanted a B10 job, and Ohio State will not likely be open anytime soon. He was interested in the WVU job last year, and likely would have taken it if offered....kind of hard to imagine he would take WVU job and pass on Michigan State.
    UC can't guarantee him something that they don't control

Assuming Fickell isn't going to be a UC lifer, MSU (scandal aside) is a program teetering right on the edge of a program that is capable of turning into an elite powerhouse (year in and out). I just don't think they will get there in our lives. I think it would have been a dead end job for Luke with the ceiling being a Dantonio-like run. I guess what I'm saying is Fickell probably made the right move. Keep churning at UC and wait for the right job.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Assuming Fickell isn't going to be a UC lifer, MSU (scandal aside) is a program teetering right on the edge of a program that is capable of turning into an elite powerhouse (year in and out). I just don't think they will get there in our lives. I think it would have been a dead end job for Luke with the ceiling being a Dantonio-like run. I guess what I'm saying is Fickell probably made the right move. Keep churning at UC and wait for the right job.
    MSU is a good job, a much better job than UC. I just don't know if you want to be the coach who has to come in and clean up the mess Dantonio is leaving it with. Their recruiting has been terrible, mostly impacted by the likes of UC and UK. There will be some form of sanctions placed on them, although I don't know how bad they will be. They also play in a division with OSU, PSU, and Michigan, when at their peak they may be able to win the East once in ten years, but it is probably the most difficult division to win in football.

I don't know what Fickell's ultimate end game is. I don't think UC is a job he wants to be a lifer at. I also don't think OSU will come open anytime soon. Day is in a similar situation as Fickell is with a young coach and family. I don't see Day leaving soon, especially when the brink truck backs up and starts to pay him. Basically the best midwest jobs I can see Fickell taking are, OSU, ND, and MSU. Is he staying with UC hoping to get either OSU or ND?

18. Likes:

Chip R (02-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    MSU is a good job, a much better job than UC. I just don't know if you want to be the coach who has to come in and clean up the mess Dantonio is leaving it with. Their recruiting has been terrible, mostly impacted by the likes of UC and UK. There will be some form of sanctions placed on them, although I don't know how bad they will be. They also play in a division with OSU, PSU, and Michigan, when at their peak they may be able to win the East once in ten years, but it is probably the most difficult division to win in football.

I don't know what Fickell's ultimate end game is. I don't think UC is a job he wants to be a lifer at. I also don't think OSU will come open anytime soon. Day is in a similar situation as Fickell is with a young coach and family. I don't see Day leaving soon, especially when the brink truck backs up and starts to pay him. Basically the best midwest jobs I can see Fickell taking are, OSU, ND, and MSU. Is he staying with UC hoping to get either OSU or ND?
    Yeah if he’s turning down MSU, I think he’s banking that he can keep turning out 10 win seasons at UC and when the next round of consolidation hits (probably 2024 when TV contracts get redone) that the ACC or Big 12 will look at them as a top option.

Also I think Fickell has a bunch of kids, so there is a personal element at play here too where he doesn’t want to uproot his family.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

You left off Michigan...

21. Likes:

Sea Ray (02-10-2020)

Turn Off Ads?