Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

This is just... incredible.

Lamar Jackson throws 5 TDs, rushes for 95 yards in 45-6 win vs. Rams

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-6-win-vs-rams

2. Turn Off Ads?

They lose Ozzie Newsome and they still don't miss a beat. The Ravens are one incredible franchise (since they left Cleveland).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Do you have the updated stats on this.
    The Rams are a winning team. . . for now! With that said, still an incredible run for Lamar. Like I said and I still stand by it: Everything is perfectly aligned for him. Clean pockets, no injuries, etc. Just incredible run. I'm not sure who's even #2 in the MVP and it doesn't matter because he doesn't even have to do much to lock it up by the end of the year But again, no one has really done this in the NFL before. It's like a puzzle. It just takes time for others to figure it out in the NFL and he'll have to learn to stand back there and throw. We said the same thing about Kaepernick, which coincidentally, the ravens OC was Kap's when he made his infamous run before Blaine Gabbert took his spot.

Also I was listening to a podcast posted in the Bengals thread, the NFL writer was just gushing over Lamar Jackson and he just said there's a literal running back playing at QB. A guy who can make moves, run with power, and make guys miss. It's a complete headache for NFL teams. But I still believe it's not going to last long term. We shall see.

For the record, as it stands now I'm just not sure New England can beat them even in Foxboro and I love NE. I just don't think they have enough offense and I don't think, at least for now, they can hold the ravens to below 17 which is probably about what NE would score. Baltimore's defense is what needs to get talked about more. A lot of the scores against that defense have been in garbage time. Overall, it's just a scary team to play right now.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 11-26-2019 at 10:22 AM.

5. Likes:

Boston Red (11-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Boy, in the course of a year the Rams have turned into a bit of a mess. Goff all of a sudden looks very ordinary, and has a massive contract. Jalen Ramsey cost them their next two #1s (and a 4th) and is only under contract for 1 more year. He'll either walk, hold them over a barrel for huge deal or be franchised (which Ramsey would balk at). All three are bad options.

Dante Fowler is a FA, Whittington is a FA.

Their GM has their hands full.
    ANd to think the entire NFL wanted a piece of Sean McVay and the Bengals got his mistress, Zac Taylor. Life isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    The Rams are a winning team. . . for now! With that said, still an incredible run for Lamar. Like I said and I still stand by it: Everything is perfectly aligned for him. Clean pockets, no injuries, etc. Just incredible run. I'm not sure he's even #2 in the MVP and it doesn't matter because he doesn't even have to do much to lock it up by the end of the year But again, no one has really done this in the NFL before. It's like a puzzle. It just takes time for others to figure it out in the NFL and he'll have to learn to stand back there and throw. We said the same thing about Kaepernick, which coincidentally, the ravens OC was Kap's when he made his infamous run before Blaine Gabbert took his spot.

Also I was listening to a podcast posted in the Bengals thread, the NFL writer was just gushing over Lamar Jackson and he just said there's a literal running back playing at QB. A guy who can make moves, run with power, and make guys miss. It's a complete headache for NFL teams. But I still believe it's not going to last long term. We shall see.

For the record, as it stands now I'm just not sure New England can beat them even in Foxboro and I love NE. I just don't think they have enough offense and I don't think, at least for now, they can hold the ravens to below 17 which is probably about what NE would score. Baltimore's defense is what needs to get talked about more. A lot of the scores against that defense have been in garbage time. Overall, it's just a scary team to play right now.
    That offensive line is incredible. They're dominant in both the run game and the passing game. Last night runners were 9 yards down field before they encountered their first contact. That's unheard of in today's NFL.

I do think this will come down to Balt vs NE in the championship game. I'm curious to see if Belichick has a "solution" for Baltimore. I think he will.

The NFL has admitted the refs blew a tripping call in the Patriots Cowboys game Sunday.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-tel...020722942.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The NFL has admitted the refs blew a tripping call in the Patriots Cowboys game Sunday.

I guess Jerry Jones has to walk back his comments and say that the coaches are doing great now!

Actually, every time it looks like Garrett is about to get whacked the Cowboys seem to start playing well and save his bacon. So expect a nice little winning streak from Dallas now.

10. Likes:

Chip R (11-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

I'm glad they did. I saw nothing on that play. What's surprising is that the Fox expert, I think it was Mike Pereira, said that he did see tripping. If that's the kind of "expert" officiating commentary he gives then why even have him?

This dovetails into a bigger picture thing that I'll expound on now. I think the NFL has to address a big problem in its game today and that is: too many flags. Aside from changing some rules, I think a directive needs to go to the officials to err on the side of "letting them play." When in doubt, keep the flag in your pocket. I think way too many "ticky tack" fouls are being called and these fouls are damaging the pace of the game and in certain cases the outcomes. I get that the NFL has a complicated rulebook but I think their officials are throwing way too many flags sand this tripping call in NE was just the latest example

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm glad they did. I saw nothing on that play. What's surprising is that the Fox expert, I think it was Mike Pereira, said that he did see tripping. If that's the kind of "expert" officiating commentary he gives then why even have him?

This dovetails into a bigger picture thing that I'll expound on now. I think the NFL has to address a big problem in its game today and that is: too many flags. Aside from changing some rules, I think a directive needs to go to the officials to err on the side of "letting them play." When in doubt, keep the flag in your pocket. I think way too many "ticky tack" fouls are being called and these fouls are damaging the pace of the game and in certain cases the outcomes. I get that the NFL has a complicated rulebook but I think their officials are throwing way too many flags sand this tripping call in NE was just the latest example
    My guess is Belichick talked to the officials before the game and but a bug in their ear about Dallas tripping guys and to watch for it. I mean who watches for tripping unless its blatant? They have enough to look at with holding and blocking below the waist and hands to the face and whether or not a lineman is downfield. Now for all I know Dallas does trip guys but that wasn't a trip.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I'm not sure who's even #2 in the MVP and it doesn't matter because he doesn't even have to do much to lock it up by the end of the year.
    Christian McCaffrey leads the league in rushing and 6th in receptions which is flat out incredible. Oh and Michael Thomas is on pace to break Marvin Harrisons record for most receptions in a season.

I could care less who wins the NFL MVP because its a QB award. A QB has won the award 11 of the last 12 times.

Nothing against Lamar, he's been great but McCaffrey is more valuable.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-26-2019)

The Rams are a winning team. . . for now! With that said, still an incredible run for Lamar. Like I said and I still stand by it: Everything is perfectly aligned for him. Clean pockets, no injuries, etc. Just incredible run. I'm not sure who's even #2 in the MVP and it doesn't matter because he doesn't even have to do much to lock it up by the end of the year But again, no one has really done this in the NFL before. It's like a puzzle. It just takes time for others to figure it out in the NFL and he'll have to learn to stand back there and throw. We said the same thing about Kaepernick, which coincidentally, the ravens OC was Kap's when he made his infamous run before Blaine Gabbert took his spot.

Russell Wilson is #2.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I guess Jerry Jones has to walk back his comments and say that the coaches are doing great now!

Actually, every time it looks like Garrett is about to get whacked the Cowboys seem to start playing well and save his bacon. So expect a nice little winning streak from Dallas now.
    They play better when their Offensive Line is healthy. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Russell Wilson is #2.
    I don't think he's nearly as smart as Russell Wilson. I don't think Lamar could be very successful behind a bad line as Russell has shown he can be

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Christian McCaffrey leads the league in rushing and 6th in receptions which is flat out incredible. Oh and Michael Thomas is on pace to break Marvin Harrisons record for most receptions in a season.

I could care less who wins the NFL MVP because its a QB award. A QB has won the award 11 of the last 12 times.

Nothing against Lamar, he's been great but McCaffrey is more valuable.
    Lamar took a 4-5 team in 2018, then went 6-1 to close the season and win the division. Then this year he's running a team that is averaging 35 points per game (5 more than the 2nd place team), with a significant lead in QBR, while playing with an average at best receiving corps. The Ravens have a great OL, but Lamar's running ability also makes their job easier by giving the defense more to account for and has helped lead to Mark Ingram's great season.

The Panthers are middle of the pack in yards and points. McCaffrey is great, and he's probably helping Kyle Allen appear better than he is, but no running back can bring near the value of an elite QB.

BAL lost their Center for the year, so Lamar will get tested now.

Turn Off Ads?