Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye REDSZONE

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Goodbye REDSZONE

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    LOL

This "new direction" is a joke. I can't believe the moderators are so full of themselves. I am new here so I don't know all the things that have happened in the past, but from my perspective the new changes are no big loss. I will just go to one of the many other boards. No big deal.

If the chosen baseball geniuses don't want to listen to what I have to say then it is their loss not mine.

From I have read on this site I think I know much more about baseball than most of the people in the ORG. They can just continue to dwell in their ignorance while the new blood takes their "business" elsewhere.
    I know when I am not welcome.

C' ya.
    What would RZ be without your humilty?
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Since this board is so good, why would we want to change it? You can still post, you can still read, the only thing thats changing is the ever increasing ominpotent-esque control that the moderators maintain over the site deciding who is and isn't mentally capable to post their own opinions.
    I once thought that only the military would ignore a problem and say that is just how it is going to be after countless complaints from the people that make the enitre organization but, redszone.com moderators have proven me wrong.

We do try evah so hardah massah to understand what all you'se people say up there in ORG and in yourah gamethreads but sir we only have brains but soo bee-ig

oh, and i fixed your quote...

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Not to be a jerk, but grandstanding before you leave an internet message board is kinda like a 5th grader announcing to his parents that he's running away from home and never coming back.

If you don't like the new changes, then go and find someplace else to talk baseball that is more to your liking. Simple as that.

BTW -- This exact same conversation has happened on RZ with every major change. When the rep system was implemented tons of displaced posters were upset that they'd lost access to Cincinnati Reds Talk (the precursor to ORG). Before that, there was violent anger at non-paying members of RZ having a per-hour post cap.

The world continues to turn, believe it or not.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    oh, and i fixed your quote...
    No where in my original statement did I say anyone was incapable or not allowed to post their opinion. I understand being upset at some of the changes, I even understand taking offense to my terming some things a 'mess', but I've never insulted anyone's intelligence nor ability to convey said intelligence.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

For some odd reason, I am waiting for a lot of N/A's to start appearing on some of the poster's handle.

N/A means you've been removed.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Wow, the vitriol being spewed in this thread is something fierce.

This is a free message board operated by people simply because they love the reds and they choose to . There's no inherent "right" to be able to post where you please, when you please, and on whatever topic or level of discourse you deem appropriate. Seems a lot of people have lost sight of that fact.

And if you're the type to hurl insults and threaten to take your ball and go home, then I guess the phrase "I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member" applies.

Good grief people, get over yourselves.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I am a little skeptical about the latest changes--but realize I have no right to post--it is entirely up to those who run the board--I do have misgivings about the "us and them" attitude I sense....even though I have enjoyed RedsZone, it does come down to the old adage---"Why would you want to go somewhere where you're not welcome??"

Montani Semper Liberi

Farewell RZ

I will no longer be visiting the RedsZone. With all the uproar over the changes and what appears to be an elitest attitude over which part of a baseball forum people are allowed to post on, I've seen enough. This really is pretty silly. What would make the most sense is to allow all people to post in all forums and if you run into a problem ban the offending party. I really think some of the people here need a reality check, this is a forum for discussing a game, not life or death and I don't think having access to the ORG really will make anyone's life complete.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Wow, the vitriol being spewed in this thread is something fierce.

This is a free message board operated by people simply because they love the reds and they choose to . There's no inherent "right" to be able to post where you please, when you please, and on whatever topic or level of discourse you deem appropriate. Seems a lot of people have lost sight of that fact.

And if you're the type to hurl insults and threaten to take your ball and go home, then I guess the phrase "I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member" applies.

Good grief people, get over yourselves.
    Good post, I like many was upset at the changes at first but after an hour or so I got over it. I know I am not one of the top posters on the site I dont provide statistical facts to back my opinions. I dont have the time to research it and honestly the stats side of things kind of take away the joy of the game for me. This is a free site and is pretty much the only site I come to so I am going to keep coming here. I am fine posting in the Sun Deck.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    If this board is so good, why would you want to leave it? You can still post, you can still read, the only thing thats changing is the 'mess' of things that had developed.
    It might have something to do with the fact that grown men are being told what they can and can not do. You being a man, you most likely understand. Children don't like to be treated like children; Men don't deserve to be treated like them either.
    We'll win it all next year...

Quote Originally Posted by bthomasiscool View Post
    It might have something to do with the fact that grown men are being told what they can and can not do. You being a man, you most likely understand. Children don't like to be treated like children; Men don't deserve to be treated like them either.
    Did you pay money to use Redszone?

When you pay for content you can then dictate how it's delivered to you. Until then you can either look for more sources on the grid that will let you dictate content or you can play by the rules created by the guys who built the site.

BTW how many of you have managed a software project like Redszone?

For free.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    For free.

for 7 years.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Did you pay money to use Redszone?

When you pay for content you can then dictate how it's delivered to you. Until then you can either look for more sources on the grid that will let you dictate content or you can play by the rules created by the guys who built the site.

BTW how many of you have managed a software project like Redszone?

For free.

First off I have donated money for Redszone. So yes, I do believe I can state my opinion. Two, you have 26,000 posts. Get a life. According to you, since I have paid before I guess I can dictate something. I was talking to people with 5,000 or less posts, or ones who are willing to simply converse and not try to be the redszone bad-ass and calls others out.
    We'll win it all next year...

I would like to announce that I have no intention of leaving. I'm getting wireless access for my tomb when the time comes, so I'll have access forever.

Those of you that want to leave, go ahead, we'll manage somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by bthomasiscool View Post
    You also, as a grown man, don't walk into another mans house and tell him how to run his household. Men respect the wishes and rules of another mans house.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?