Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/28/2015 Reds at Gnats

9/28/2015 Reds at Gnats

This is a makeup game from a July 8th rainout when it allegedly rained in DC but no one had evidence that it actually did rain. The Gnats are now paying for that mistake. One only wonders why they are actually playing this game but they are playing. You should be excited in that we get see Skippy play LF another day. We can never get enough of that. Apparently Phillips didn't make the flight and is not starting today. The only TV is the Nationals broadcast.

Game 156: Reds at Nationals

First pitch at 3:05 pm ET. I am not in DC but we have it covered on MLB.com and reds.com. No TV in Cincinnati either.
    Schumaker 7
    De Jesus Jr. 4
    Votto 3
    Frazier 5
    Bruce 9
    Suarez 6
    Boesch 8
    Barnhart 2
    Finnegan 1
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9/28/2015 Reds at Gnats

Nats lineup- no Harper

^ That is the Nats B lineup for sure. Also Papelbon has decided to take his three game suspension starting today. So maybe he and Harper are at the DC strip clubs having a party. Phillips is probably with them too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before: Votto walks and that's it for the Reds in the 1st.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

No radio here, either. The local affiliate has chosen not to cover today's game, and I can't pick up WLW indoors.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

I don't know if even Billy Hamilton would have caught that ball in shallow CF, but I just have no idea how the Reds were ever fooled into thinking Brennan Boesch could play CF.

Barnhart guns down Trea Turner trying to steal 2nd.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

This game has some meaning in the battle for high draft choices. The Reds have one more game to play than the others. In essence, this is that extra game. After today the Reds will be even in games to go with all the other competing teams for the highest draft choices (one exception).

The exception is the A's who, after today, will have one more game completed than the others. But that will even out on Thursday when the A's are off.

My guess is that the Reds will finish with pick 2, 3 or 4. It's only a guess, and certainly things could change. Based on current standings, schedule, and the like.

I hate to be focusing on draft choices, but I'd also hate for the Reds to miss out on a great prospect. After two years of watching this, I want the best talent possible coming in . . . .
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-28-2015 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    This game has some meaning in the battle for high draft choices. The Reds have one more game to play than the others.
    In essence, this is that extra game. After today the Reds will be even with all the other competing teams for high draft choices.

The A's will at that point will have one more game completed, but that will even out on Thursday when the A's are off.

My guess is that the Reds will finish with pick 2, 3 or 4. It's only a guess, and certainly things could change.

I hate to be focusing on draft choices, but I'd also hate for the Reds to miss out on a great prospect. After two years of watching this, I want the best talent possible coming in . . . .
    Don't worry, I don't think the Reds need any extra rooting to lose games, they're fine on their own.

I'm rooting for the Phillies, Braves, A's, Rockies, and Brewers to win.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    ^ That is the Nats B lineup for sure. Also Papelbon has decided to take his three game suspension starting today. So maybe he and Harper are at the DC strip clubs having a party. Phillips is probably with them too.
    Sounds like the Gnats have suspended Paps on top of the MLB suspension. He will be out the rest of the season.

The only TV is the Nationals broadcast.
    Ugh. They are the worst. Going with the mute button.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Not like anybody is reading these threads anymore, but I feel like bringing it up whenever we see Scherzer. Take a look back at the three years of Scherzer's stats from 2010 through 2012, his age 27 season, and Homer Bailey's stats from 2011 through 2013, his age 27 season.

That's why the Reds gave Homer the contract extension they did, betting on the Scherzer-like emergence.

13. Likes:

Fil3232 (09-28-2015),klw (09-28-2015),TRF (09-28-2015)

Okay, for those keeping tabs on Servo's opinions on things, I am beginning to worry about Eugenio at shortstop. The bobbles. Always with the bobbles. It can be corrected.

Still not an outfielder though.

De Jesus tries to top him with some more lousy defense on a tailor-made DP ball, two in a row that the Reds have blown.

Finnegan not getting much support from his double play combination.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

I'm 100% against bringing Pena back next season. Barnhart looks so much more rounded and confident behind the plate. I like him.

That's why the Reds gave Homer the contract extension they did, betting on the Scherzer-like emergence
    Amazing. After seeing that, I wonder when Homer will be on the trade block? Just kidding of course, but if he comes back strong and with the kids that look promising, we may be ready to rumble the second half of next year. I sure hope so because this season almost ruined my summer.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?