Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 8/29/14 - Reds vs. Pirates

Re: 8/29/14 - Reds vs. Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    By God I'm ragging right now. I don't really care that he was great in June. Threw a miserably located pitch to the guy that has killed us all night.
    Everybody makes a mistake once in awhile. Broxton is one of the few guys on this team who has played to the back of his baseball card. You can get on a guy for giving less than a 100%, you can get on a guy for a mental mistake, you can get on a guy for consistently not getting the job done. But sometimes you've got to cut a guy a little slack.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Frazier had time to get in front of that grounder and then Bruce misplayed the Harrison triple.
    That's the summary of this game.

Frazier gets that grounder and we likely win.

4. Likes:

Falcon7 (08-29-2014)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

That loss pretty much sums up the Reds' season, minus a major injury.

* Waste a great starting pitching effort with no offense
    * TOOTBLAN
    * Middle relief woes
    * One-run loss
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

BTW, Castro just gets thrown out going for a triple with one out on a play where he ran at half speed until he was half way to 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Sorry guys, but bad moves from the dugout again results in a 1-run loss. I'm really tired of it.
    Yeah, I totally can't believe the coaching staff couldn't hit off Volquez for 6 innings.

Or, didn't score from 3rd while the Pirates played keystone cops.

Or gave it up in the 8th, right after they actually got the lead for a second.

I know, I know, you hate that Heisey pinch hit, or that Ludwick has been buried(or is injured?) and that Schumaker played instead.

I'm starting to believe they aren't snake bit by the one run losses --they have to play perfect to win and they don't play perfect. Their margin of error is thin as can be and a good team can sniff out of win. The margin says one run but the Pirates had 12 total bases the Reds had 4. The Reds had 6 base runners -the Pirates had 9 -maybe 10. it just wasn't that close as the score makes it seem.

9. Likes:

Crumbley (08-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I can tip my cap, but I damn sure hate him just like I do any player who consistently owns the Reds.
    Harrison is having a wonderful year and seems like a decent guy. I appreciate players who beat my team. Not sure how "hate" enters into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    You do realize that one can appreciate a player's talents, while hating what said player did to his favorite team? Right? It's not difficult...
    You do realize I was giving my stance on him and my "tip your cap" comment was directed to Welsh right? It's not that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    BTW, Castro just gets thrown out going for a triple with one out on a play where he ran at half speed until he was half way to 2nd.
    That's what he does and that has to be frustrating for those fans.

I would take his 400 foot singles and lazy out at third doubles with BHam on 3rd and 1 out though.

The other thing is -the hitters rarely zone down when ahead in the count.

I think Jay Bruce is heavy -- he looks about 10 pounds over weight -pudgy. I'm frustrated. He's gonna eat himself out of the league -he looks like he's on his way to Sean Casey land.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Everybody makes a mistake once in awhile. Broxton is one of the few guys on this team who has played to the back of his baseball card. You can get on a guy for giving less than a 100%, you can get on a guy for a mental mistake, you can get on a guy for consistently not getting the job done. But sometimes you've got to cut a guy a little slack.
    Can you start a thread or message me the rules? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The other thing is -the hitters rarely zone down when ahead in the count.

I think Jay Bruce is heavy -- he looks about 10 pounds over weight -pudgy. I'm frustrated. He's gonna eat himself out of the league -he looks like he's on his way to Sean Casey land.
    I wish he'd eat himself to Miguel Cabrera land.

16. Likes:

Falcon7 (08-29-2014),Red Raindog (08-29-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I appreciate players who beat my team.
    Well then you sir are a rare breed, at least amongst sports fans I know. Not many Sox fans going "Man, gotta appreciate what that Bucky Dent did" in 1978, and probably not many now.

I respect everyone who plays, but I don't like dudes who beat the Reds, especially the ones who do it over and over. Cause as much as I am a baseball fan, the Reds winning supersedes everything else in baseball to me.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Can you start a thread or message me the rules? Thanks

Rule #1: Broxton deserves to be cut a little slack.

Rule #2: So do Cueto and Chapman.

That's enough for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well then you sir are a rare breed, at least amongst sports fans I know. Not many Sox fans going "Man, gotta appreciate what that Bucky Dent did" in 1978, and probably not many now.

I respect everyone who plays, but I don't like dudes who beat the Reds, especially the ones who do it over and over. Cause as much as I am a baseball fan, the Reds winning supersedes everything else in baseball to me.
    Me to but the Reds crapped it up and he rose to the occasion time after time after time. I see your side of it but the Reds didn't do anywhere near enough to win and while I invested 3 hours wanting a Reds and a Leake win.....just watched fail after fail in pursuit of it. I'm not bothered that Josh Harrison beat us....I'm bothered the Reds didn't come through in multiple innings where that had great opportunities.

Turn Off Ads?