Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 9-22-20 Reds vs Brewers

Re: 9-22-20 Reds vs Brewers

Bell pinch hitting Winker and then immediately removing him to get a faster runner is just stupid unless it's the 9th inning and you're already tied.

I get that Wink is slow and you want to score that tying run. But by removing him there, you end up with lesser hitters in the 9th when you really need somebody with a decent chance to go deep and tie it up. Maybe Wink wouldn't come through either, but the odds are at least better.

That's what irritates me so much about Bell. So many of his moves are short sighted like that.

2. Likes:

The Operator (09-22-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Win tomorrow, and the board is all smiles once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    You’re assuming Bell won’t try to be smart and throw Antone or Jones for an inning. He may even rush Thornburg back for an inning. Don’t forget about Bob.
    Nate Jones was DFA’d but don’t let that get in the way of a good rant
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedsFan View Post
    Bell pinch hitting Winker and then immediately removing him to get a faster runner is just stupid unless it's the 9th inning and you're already tied.

I get that Wink is slow and you want to score that tying run. But by removing him there, you end up with lesser hitters in the 9th when you really need somebody with a decent chance to go deep and tie it up. Maybe Wink wouldn't come through either, but the odds are at least better.

That's what irritates me so much about Bell. So many of his moves are short sighted like that.
    At least wait until he gets to second base to take him out. Winker is fast enough to go first to third on a ball to right field.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedsFan View Post

Lorenzen got to second not sure Winker would have. I was ok with it, and just needed a single vs Williams.

Winker vs Hader doesn’t exactly entice me that much.

Honestly, we lossed bc Senzel and Suarez did zippo McGee vs a slop lefty.

The rest of this is just window dressing on very bad execution in an easily achievable situation by two key components of a lineup put in during a favourable matchup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-22-2020)

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I disagree with those saying tomorrow is a must win. I could easily see someone making it to the playoffs with a losing record if the Phillies and Giants continue to slide. Not going to argue it's not a huge game though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Awful.

Teams that put forth games like that with the season on the line have no business being in a playoff.

I cannot believe this went from a 2-0 lead in the first to a 3-2 loss.
    Stranded runners, horrible clutch & situational hitting, stupid managerial moves....what the Reds normally struggle with was on full display tonight.
    A 2-0 lead becoming a 3-2 loss is unbelievable to you! Everyday of baseball must be an overwhelming experience for you

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-22-2020),Tom Servo (09-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by fondfoat View Post
    A 2-0 lead becoming a 3-2 loss is unbelievable to you! Everyday of baseball must be an overwhelming experience for you
    I love how the first two complaints are the exact same thing, and the 3rd one is the subjective, low hanging fruit that is described in every single loss, by every single fan base.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-22-2020),Tom Servo (09-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    We have Bauer tomorrow. Mahle and Lorenzen Friday. Castillo Saturday. Gray and Bauer both Sunday. We'll be ok.
    We’ve had them all year.

The impotent and inconsistent offense will join them over the next 4 days as well. I really wish I could share the optimism, but like tonight there is no room for error and I haven’t seen enough good out of this team to think the will close the deal.

Like I said, win tomorrow and it's an 8-2 home stand with series wins over two clubs which are very good. ChiSox one of the best in the American League. SERIES wins over Cards, Pirates, Chicago and Brew Crew is good run. Win two of three from Twins and Reds have done the job of making playoffs.

16. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I love how the first two complaints are the exact same thing, and the 3rd one is the subjective, low hanging fruit that is described in every single loss, by every single fan base.

why do you love that? or perhaps that is sarcasm. the internet is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Nate Jones was DFA’d but don’t let that get in the way of a good rant
    Jones did his job last night, depriving Iggy of a save and successfully mopping up tthe last 3 outs making Iggy primely available for tonight's save which never came, but he should still be prime for tomorrow, which is a very good place to be with the off day Thursday and with Bauer and Sims ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Garcia has 1 walk in 95 plate appearances. He has no extra-base hits, while striking out 40% of the time?
    Baseball Reference has Garcia at 64 plate appearances plus tonight’s. Correct no extra base hits......has hit in 11 of 20 games.....two games with two singles

20. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-23-2020)

At least Gray is healthy I guess

22. Likes:

mgbrown66 (09-23-2020),Ron Madden (09-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by zigbeenuthouse View Post
    Like I said, win tomorrow and it's an 8-2 home stand with series wins over two clubs which are very good. ChiSox one of the best in the American League. SERIES wins over Cards, Pirates, Chicago and Brew Crew is good run. Win two of three from Twins and Reds have done the job of making playoffs.
    All that matters is the next four games...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDaONrHK1f8

Turn Off Ads?