Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Outer Space

Re: Outer Space

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I think my first wife was a lizard person. Or just really, really mean.
    This is exactly something a lizard person would say.

I’m watching you, Dan.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

WrongVerb (02-24-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You missed my point. That’s not what I was saying. I am simply saying the mind is powerful and can trick you into believing you saw something you didn’t. I was also joking around. My dad swears he and his friend saw an alien spacecraft as well, sounds like a crazy person when he tells the story and he comes off that way. He also swears he saw a shadow person cross through his donut delivery truck when he was a young man. https://www.bustle.com/p/what-are-sh...movie-12219528 - I think he doesn’t fully understand what shadows are.

In any event, you’re going to continue insisting you saw an alien spacecraft, and everyone else is going to continue doubting you. So enjoy!

But answer this: why would aliens visit this planet and literally not once confront us as a society or try to communicate with us?
    That's the thing, though: Not everyone doubts me or my story.

As for my answer to your question: Why do you think that they would just come and land and hold some press conference announcing their arrival? I'm not suggesting that they've ever even attempted to make some sort of physical contact with people before, but if they had - it's probably not going to be like they just roll up in Time Square and say "We're here!". We, as humans, go into the environment all of the time to observe and look for new species. And often when we do so, we try to avoid introducing ourselves and we sure as heck don't go "HEY! OVER HERE! LOOK AT US!". We observe. We note. We try to avoid detection. We try to avoid disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

As for my answer to your question: Why do you think that they would just come and land and hold some press conference announcing their arrival? I'm not suggesting that they've ever even attempted to make some sort of physical contact with people before, but if they had - it's probably not going to be like they just roll up in Time Square and say "We're here!". We, as humans, go into the environment all of the time to observe and look for new species. And often when we do so, we try to avoid introducing ourselves and we sure as heck don't go "HEY! OVER HERE! LOOK AT US!". We observe. We note. We try to avoid detection. We try to avoid disturbing.
    And yet, there is physical evidence of every species that has ever been on this planet, except for aliens. They haven't left behind so much as an interstellar candy wrapper, no debris, nothing. There is no physical evidence that they have ever been here, because they never have. And honestly, if they had the technology to come here, they would have taken over a long time ago.

I'd be more susceptible to the idea that aliens are moving around the universe using non-physical methods that are way beyond our understanding, so no, they have never been here in a spaceship. I believe you saw something, but it was not a spaceship.
    Last edited by BernieCarbo; 02-25-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    And yet, there is physical evidence of every species that has ever been on this planet, except for aliens. They haven't left behind so much as an interstellar candy wrapper, no debris, nothing. There is no physical evidence that they have ever been here, because they never have. And honestly, if they had the technology to come here, they would have taken over a long time ago.

I'd be more susceptible to the idea that aliens are moving around the universe using non-physical methods that are way beyond our understanding, not no, there have never been here in a spaceship. I believe you saw something, but it was not a spaceship.
    We literally find new species every single year.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I don't doubt you're honestly and earnestly relating your experience. However, what we're doubting (because it seems so incredible) is the interpretation of your experience when there are many, many more mundane explanations.

For example, I literally grew up at the gates of Wright-Patterson AFB. Watching aircraft fly in and out of there, you learn that sometimes they move in ways that appear to defy what should be able. That's even more true when they're unfamiliar aircraft. (As an aside: I've personally seen the U2, SR71, and F117 Stealth fighter all fly in en route to be parked in the museum.) Alternatively, there are documented cases of people having sleep paralysis that mimics what feels like an abduction.

I'm not saying what you experienced wasn't a visit by extra-terrestrials. What I'm saying is that it takes a lot more than "I know what I saw" to overcome those much more ordinary explanations.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

We literally find new species every single year.
    Yes, because they physically exist and they leave traces of their existence, unlike aliens.

I don't doubt you're honestly and earnestly relating your experience. However, what we're doubting (because it seems so incredible) is the interpretation of your experience when there are many, many more mundane explanations.

For example, I literally grew up at the gates of Wright-Patterson AFB. Watching aircraft fly in and out of there, you learn that sometimes they move in ways that appear to defy what should be able. That's even more true when they're unfamiliar aircraft. (As an aside: I've personally seen the U2, SR71, and F117 Stealth fighter all fly in en route to be parked in the museum.) Alternatively, there are documented cases of people having sleep paralysis that mimics what feels like an abduction.

I'm not saying what you experienced wasn't a visit by extra-terrestrials. What I'm saying is that it takes a lot more than "I know what I saw" to overcome those much more ordinary explanations.
    Imagine a stationary object. Now imagine it getting closer (it seemed much like an aircraft flying directly at you, in which the light is all you can actually see and it appears to just be becoming a larger ball of light - except that when traditional aircraft do this, eventually they become clear as planes because they continue on their path and the light angle changes). But then it just stops. Light is still there, glowing, but the object isn't moving. And it sits there for about 3 minutes. Then it acts as if a child were controlling the light much like it were the point of laser on a wall and they just zig zag it across the wall. Except, that happened in the sky. Aircraft can't do that. The g-forces would kill people at that acceleration, stopping, going. Not to mention the fact that we don't have crafts capable of any sort of the movements it made at the speeds it made. It wasn't some man made craft. We can't do that. It wasn't a meteor or some other space rock - they don't move like that, they have tails as they burn.

If you've got an explanation for how an object in the sky behaved like a laser pointer - let's have that conversation. But it wasn't some man made aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Yes, because they physically exist and they leave traces of their existence, unlike aliens.
    And yet for the seeming entirety of humanities existence we had no clue they existed until like three weeks ago. To you, they didn't exist, or couldn't exist, until then.

And yet for the seeming entirety of humanities existence we had no clue they existed until like three weeks ago. To you, they didn't exist, or couldn't exist, until then.
    No, they definitely can exist, because every species we find is biologically related to every species that has existed before. You can't compare discovering a new kind of worm in my backyard with space aliens.

12. Likes:

Dom Heffner (02-25-2020)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

With everything that it would take and require to get Mars livable for humans, we could just do it on Earth, and do it easier. Unless we somehow know that there's a catastrophic moon-sized meteor making a direct hit and we have ten thousand years of advanced notice, but also don't believe we can do anything to stop impact, it's a tough sell to me to go and get Mars ready for human life when we've got Earth sitting here.

Also, aliens are real.
    Aliens probably likely, but who knows what form. We don't know what we don't know.

Imagine a stationary object. Now imagine it getting closer (it seemed much like an aircraft flying directly at you, in which the light is all you can actually see and it appears to just be becoming a larger ball of light - except that when traditional aircraft do this, eventually they become clear as planes because they continue on their path and the light angle changes). But then it just stops. Light is still there, glowing, but the object isn't moving. And it sits there for about 3 minutes. Then it acts as if a child were controlling the light much like it were the point of laser on a wall and they just zig zag it across the wall. Except, that happened in the sky. Aircraft can't do that. The g-forces would kill people at that acceleration, stopping, going. Not to mention the fact that we don't have crafts capable of any sort of the movements it made at the speeds it made. It wasn't some man made craft. We can't do that. It wasn't a meteor or some other space rock - they don't move like that, they have tails as they burn.

If you've got an explanation for how an object in the sky behaved like a laser pointer - let's have that conversation. But it wasn't some man made aircraft.
    Or better - the observer made an error in
    viewing or interpreting.

Aliens who have the technology to fly here probably dont need to fly here.

15. Likes:

Falls City Beer (07-25-2020),North (02-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Or better - the observer made an error in
    viewing or interpreting.

Aliens who have the technology to fly here probably dont need to fly here.
    Have you ever tried walking in space? It's not easy, Dom.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Disagree. We know they could exist because we have observed life on this planet. What we have no direct, empirical observations of is life visiting from outside of our planet. (Even pansporia is more of a hypothesis rather than a theory at this point.)

It's the difference between me telling you I have a pet dog -- we know dogs exist, and people often keep them as pets, and me telling you I have a green unicorn as a pet -- we've never seen a green unicorn, much less known anyone who has kept one for a pet.

And again, I'm not telling you you didn't see something extraordinary. But what I would want to do is recreate the conditions with different craft (such as a stealth helicopter) before resolving that it must have been an alien spacecraft. Let's test your hypothesis first.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Disagree. We know they could exist because we have observed life on this planet. What we have no direct, empirical observations of is life visiting from outside of our planet. (Even pansporia is more of a hypothesis rather than a theory at this point.)

It's the difference between me telling you I have a pet dog -- we know dogs exist, and people often keep them as pets, and me telling you I have a green unicorn as a pet -- we've never seen a green unicorn, much less known anyone who has kept one for a pet.

And again, I'm not telling you you didn't see something extraordinary. But what I would want to do is recreate the conditions with different craft (such as a stealth helicopter) before resolving that it must have been an alien spacecraft. Let's test your hypothesis first.
    We can't test my hypothesis short of me explaining to you what I saw and either saying "this is or isn't possible based on the physics that we know". I can't recreate the event.

Have you ever tried walking in space? It's not easy, Dom.
    theyd build a surveillance system.

Turn Off Ads?