Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/31/2011 Phils at Reds

8/31/2011 Phils at Reds

Lineup per Fay. There is an unconfirmed sighting of Alonso on a train to Siberia.

Phillips 4, Sappelt 7,Votto 3, Bruce 9, Cairo 5, Stubbs 8, Hernandez 2, Janish 6. Willis 1. vs. LH Lee
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8/31/2011 Phils at Reds

Dusty explains:
    http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot
    "Well there's Willis on the mound sound the dude is likely to be facing a righty stacked lineup which will mean lots of groundballs at 3b so if Alsonso were there it could expose him to be involved. Plus we have gone 0 for 8 with RISP so many times this year that we can compete in those types of games. Sappelt is in left because he competes. He may misplay a liner in front of him every game from a single into a double but Alonso in LF is something that we can revisit at some point once he has worked with Billy some more. Gotta keep the guys fresh and get them some at bats. Dude. Good to have Hernandez back out there so the kids can learn from him, dude. No I did not think about batting Willis 7th, I'm not Larussa."

There is an unconfirmed sighting of Alonso on a train to Siberia.
    I heard they had him throw a bullpen this afternoon.

Wow! Willis really needs a crash course in fielding. He really really stinks at it. And, oddly enough, none of his inept ability shows in any kind of stat.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

BUSH LEAGUE by Cliff Lee. Hits it to 2nd, and doesn't bother to run it out. AT ALL. When you make contact, you pick up your multi-million-dollar legs, and RUN THE STINKING BASES. That is all.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Apparently, folks have given up when the Reds play the Phils. I understand. UNCLE!!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    BUSH LEAGUE by Cliff Lee. Hits it to 2nd, and doesn't bother to run it out. AT ALL. When you make contact, you pick up your multi-million-dollar legs, and RUN THE STINKING BASES. That is all.

Totally agree. Jeff Brantley just tried to laugh it off, but there's no excuse for dogging it that badly. That was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Apparently, folks have given up when the Reds play the Phils. I understand. UNCLE!!
    I'm one of them.... I understand there's plenty more baseball left, and the Reds will still win a few more enjoyable ballgames, but when they play the Phillies, I just feel like throwing in the towel on whatever's left of the season. Even last year, with the Reds having a winning season, when they played the Phillies, I just felt miserable, save for that single game when Travis Wood took a perfect game into the 9th against Roy Halladay (who was also no hitting the Reds at that moment).

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    I'm one of them.... I understand there's plenty more baseball left, and the Reds will still win a few more enjoyable ballgames, but when they play the Phillies, I just feel like throwing in the towel on whatever's left of the season. Even last year, with the Reds having a winning season, when they played the Phillies, I just felt miserable, save for that single game when Travis Wood took a perfect game into the 9th against Roy Halladay (who was also no hitting the Reds at that moment).
    I've watched every game that is on TV when I'm home and listened when I'm not home, but it's futile against the Phillies. The mistakes made in the first inning was pretty much the game for the Reds. As many folks who think this club is a dynamo offensively, they simply can't score enough runs to even come near the Phillies. Even the Pittsburgh Pirates score runs on the Phillies, but not the Reds. So, it's best to watch Restaurant Impossible and save the frustration. Someone wondered why the crowds were so small against the Phillies. I can understand not wanting to drop $100 or so to see the Phillies shut out the Reds time after time. I'm surprised anyone shows up.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I've watched every game that is on TV when I'm home and listened when I'm not home, but it's futile against the Phillies. The mistakes made in the first inning was pretty much the game for the Reds. As many folks who think this club is a dynamo offensively, they simply can't score enough runs to even come near the Phillies. Even the Pittsburgh Pirates score runs on the Phillies, but not the Reds. So, it's best to watch Restaurant Impossible and save the frustration. Someone wondered why the crowds were so small against the Phillies. I can understand not wanting to drop $100 or so to see the Phillies shut out the Reds time after time. I'm surprised anyone shows up.
    I couldn't have said it better.

Reds lose 3-0 after loading the bases in the 9th.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

I don't think that is accurate regarding Doc no-hitting the Reds at that moment.

Reds have been outscored 15-2 in the series and shut out twice. I said it in jest, but maybe just forfeiting games against them would be less frustrating. It's obvious that we can't compete with them on any level.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I don't think that is accurate regarding Doc no-hitting the Reds at that moment.
    The box score in that game doesn't indicate how far Halladay went before surrendering a hit, but it's looking like it may have been a 1 hitter he was pitching late into the game... My bad. A great game no less. Halladay ended up giving up 5 hits that game. It was 7/10/2010, for game thread references.
    Last edited by dman; 08-31-2011 at 10:32 PM.

I know he was no hitting them to a certain point late in that game.... If it wasn't the 9th, it was definitely the 8th, but that's neither here nor there.
    Wrong again. Halladay gave up 5 hits that game. Were they all in the 8th and 9th? Sorry to go back and forth but you are incorrect.

Turn Off Ads?