Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Hello. Lifetime Reds fan starting in the 70's. I've been reading the game threads and sundeck for a couple of years now you guys seem to have a lot of fun. Thought I'd sign up. Live in northern New Jersey so I see the Reds Live when they play the Mets and Yankees.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hello! I am a young Reds fan, however I am just as passionate about the Reds as any of you. I found this board in March of this year, but never really bothered to make an account here. I'm glad I'm here now, and would like to say go Reds!

Also, how do you get an avatar?
    Last edited by WDE; 08-11-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Also, how do you get an avatar?
    Go to "User CP" at the top of the page, then on the left, under "Settings and Options", click "Edit Avatar". There, you can pick one of the defaults, upload one from the internet, or from your own computer files, provided the image is 100 by 100 pixels or 20.0 KB (whichever is smaller). Good luck, and welcome to RZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Go to "User CP" at the top of the page, then on the left, under "Settings and Options", click "Edit Avatar". There, you can pick one of the defaults, upload one from the internet, or from your own computer files, provided the image is 100 by 100 pixels or 20.0 KB (whichever is smaller). Good luck, and welcome to RZ!

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

My name is Danny, I'm 22 years old and a diehard Reds fan. I am from Martins Ferry, OH and I been reading the posts on The Old Red Guard pretty much every day for a couple years now, so I finally made an account....I like to think I am pretty knowledgeable about the Reds and can bring a different opinion to the forum. With that said, I am excited about this season and to be posting on here!

GO REDS!

Hello!

My name is Jessica and I'm a 19 year old college student majoring in occupational therapy. I was born and raised in Cincy and I am a diehard Reds fan. I have since moved away to go to college, but I still watch the Reds play when they come to town. I'm new to this forum, but I have above average knowledge of the team and hopefully I can contribute to discussions and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsgirl View Post
    Hello!

My name is Jessica and I'm a 19 year old college student majoring in occupational therapy. I was born and raised in Cincy and I am a diehard Reds fan. I have since moved away to go to college, but I still watch the Reds play when they come to town. I'm new to this forum, but I have above average knowledge of the team and hopefully I can contribute to discussions and have fun.
    It is a sheer delight to have you join this board Jessica.

I anticipate you will bring a female perspective to this board that will be invaluable.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    It is a sheer delight to have you join this board Jessica.

I anticipate you will bring a female perspective to this board that will be invaluable.
    Thanks!

I miss Cincy and this forum is a great way for me to connect and stay up to speed with my favorite team. I will definitely contribute as well!

Resident Giants Fan

Greetings, Reds Zone!

Lifelong Giants fan here! I found this message board during the nail-biting NLDS series last week and have been quietly lurking since then (hearing the perspective of other team's fans is fascinating to me and I feel it adds to the overall experience of enjoying sports). With our historic series to discuss, along with a few other mutual issues - such as your newly extended manager, the great Dusty Baker - I figured I'd sign up in hopes of engaging in some intelligent baseball dialogue! Although our two teams don't typically cross paths with much regularity, the strong, informed opinions of this place have inspired me to join the fray. Here's hoping for some stimulating debate in the coming days!

Right off the bat, I'd simply like to start off by saying great series, fellas! Certainly must-see baseball at it's finest and while SF may have come out on top this time, the dichotomy of the Red's potent lineup versus the Giant's homegrown pitching looks like it could be a fantastic playoff rivalry for years to come! The parallels of these teams are also pretty provocative; I can relate to many of your frustrations with the recent struggles for a young stud like Drew Stubbs (Tim Lincecum has given our fan base equal fits). I'm also hoping for a speedy full recovery to your MVP candidate, Mr. Votto. We Giants fans were blessed with a miraculous comeback by Buster Posey this year and the results have been wonderful to watch! I'd also love to jump in on your guy's Dusty Baker thread on the main forum, when and if I gain posting priviledges there.

Anyways, this intro has been longer than I anticipated, so I'll go ahead and hit submit before I keep rambling like a mad man. Hope to hear your perspectives soon!

Cheers!

- Jonster

I've been posting here for at least a couple weeks to a month now. But to introduce myself more formerly, I am ProfessorTofty, first name George. The username is a gag related to an obscure Harry Potter character. I live in Dayton, Ohio and am also avid follower of the Reds local A team Dayton Dragons, which currently holds the professional sports record for most consecutive sell-out games. I also enjoy the video games Eternal Sonata and Final Fantasy (just to be clear on the latter - the FF franchise in general) and I work part time at a library and I also do online sales.

Since I mentioned I work at a library, I might as well share some of my favorite books. Those include the Harry Potter series (duh), The Hitchhiker's Guide books, the Bartimaeus Trilogy and the Mysterious Benedict society books, to name just a few.

If anyone else enjoys any of this stuff I mentioned and wants to chat with me about it, feel free to send me a message.

Oh, and yeah, Reds. I've lived in Ohio almost my whole life, and got my love of the game from my Dad, who unfortunately passed away when I was a teen. I've followed the Reds on and off for many years, and as I mentioned, also support them through the Dragons.
    Last edited by ProfessorTofty; 10-15-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Hello everyone, just found this website. Usually read the message board on the Reds site then it disappeared. I found this site while looking for it and it looks great! Anyway, father of six girls and we are all diehard Reds fans. Took the plunge and bought season tickets this season so we will be making the trek from the Louisville, KY area many times next season. Somebody has to keep the oil companies in business. Bought two seats in the Scout Seats so if anybody has them in that area feel free to say hello! Going to rotate the family in by twos. Father-daughter dates, mother daughter dates and yes....even husband-wife dates!

Welcome to the board

Just came across this while looking for some place besides twitter to talk about the Reds. My name is Troy and I have been a lifelong Reds fan. Currently in Columbus but I try to make it to as many games as I can. I can't wait to get more involved in the discussions here! Go Redlegs!

Welcome to the site! Have fun, relax, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

They call me "chef"

Life long Reds fan. NY. Glad to be a part of this great forum.

Turn Off Ads?