Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Do sports fans tune into a game because of the announcers? For me, it has never been a consideration.
    I don't tune in because of an announcer, but I will definitely tune one out! If Cowboy is calling a Reds game I won't watch it.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The guy needs help (counseling). Don't see any NFL team wanting anything to do with him.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

Chip R (01-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    The guy needs help (counseling). Don't see any NFL team wanting anything to do with him.
    That's what I thought and then NE signed him...

7. Likes:

Chip R (01-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's what I thought and then NE signed him...
    There have been a few incidents since NE signed him that would definitely be a red light for NFL teams.

However, if he were to get counseling and his name were cleared from the sexual assault case, I think there would be some teams that would be very interested in signing him. But if they did and he started with the shenanigans again, he would probably get cut.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

From Rotoworld:

Antonio Brown has locked himself inside his own house in response to his Hollywood, Florida battery investigation.
    Brown is a suspect in a battery investigation involving a moving truck worker. His trainer has been taken into custody and charged with battery already, and the police are looking to speak with Brown to gather more information. That's been difficult. Public information officer Christian Lata told reporters that attempts to contact Brown have been unsuccessful because Brown has "locked himself in his house." Lata said the investigation is ongoing and more information will surface. This latest antic further increases the odds that Brown has already played his final NFL snap.

SOURCE: USA Today
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Eli's retiring.

Https://es.pn/30JtSFQ
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

11. Likes:

Sea Ray (01-22-2020)

Are there any other QB's with two Super Bowl victories and a .500 or less career victory total? 117-117 for Eli.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Raiders officially changed their name....... Las Vegas Raiders
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Raiders officially changed their name....... Las Vegas Raiders
    Quite appropriate. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Are there any other QB's with two Super Bowl victories and a .500 or less career victory total? 117-117 for Eli.
    Jim Plunkett. His teams went 72-72 in NFL games he started and Plunkett was the QB on two Super Bowl winning teams.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

16. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-23-2020),Chip R (01-23-2020),Kingspoint (01-23-2020),savafan (01-23-2020),Todd Gack (01-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Jim Plunkett. His teams went 72-72 in NFL games he started and Plunkett was the QB on two Super Bowl winning teams.
    Two very special players.

What a strange coincidence that he and Eli were exactly .500.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Two very special players.

What a strange coincidence that he and Eli were exactly .500.
    Eli is soooooo overated it's not even funny. His career stats are incredibly average but we want to put him in because he beat the 18-0 Patriots. His team scored 17 points in that game too. 17! And he needed a miraculous catch by a receiver to boot. He is simply in the HOF because of that. That's it. If Tyree doesn't make that catch, we're not debating whether he's deserving. But because he won 2 Super Bowls, he's a HOFer.

I just believe the NFL is putting too much emphasis on winning a Super Bowl for whether you're worthy or not. His career stats, no matter which one you choose, it screams someone like Joe Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Eli is soooooo overated it's not even funny. His career stats are incredibly average but we want to put him in because he beat the 18-0 Patriots. His team scored 17 points in that game too. 17! And he needed a miraculous catch by a receiver to boot. He is simply in the HOF because of that. That's it. If Tyree doesn't make that catch, we're not debating whether he's deserving. But because he won 2 Super Bowls, he's a HOFer.

I just believe the NFL is putting too much emphasis on winning a Super Bowl for whether you're worthy or not. His career stats, no matter which one you choose, it screams someone like Joe Flacco.
    Joe Flacco was never going to win twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post

He's not overrated just because of that. He's overrated because of that and he played for the Giants and his last name is Manning. And it's the writers that vote on the HOFers. Which means he'll probably get in for sure.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?