Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Valerie Harper

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

RIP Valerie Harper

https://apnews.com/4156ebc2ef6a4442892b8de2ccc8fff9

TV's Rhoda on The Mary Tyler Moore Show she's her own spin off. She was 80.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP Valerie Harper

I really liked her as a comedian and actress. She was good at both. I was reading that the pilot of Rhoda was and still is the only pilot show to rank number 1 in the Neilson's. Also her wedding show later that first season was watched by nearly half of the households in America. I never knew it was that popular. Before I read all of that me and wife watched the first episode of Rhoda on Youtube. It did seem like a much better than average show. RIP Valerie Harper. Thanks for all the entertainment over the years!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I really liked her as a comedian and actress. She was good at both. I was reading that the pilot of Rhoda was and still is the only pilot show to rank number 1 in the Neilson's. Also her wedding show later that first season was watched by nearly half of the households in America. I never knew it was that popular. Before I read all of that me and wife watched the first episode of Rhoda on Youtube. It did seem like a much better than average show. RIP Valerie Harper. Thanks for all the entertainment over the years!
    My wife and I still watch Rhoda, MTM, Bob Newhart, as well as a lot of those early early 70's sitcoms quite regularly. Enjoy them.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    My wife and I still watch Rhoda, MTM, Bob Newhart, as well as a lot of those early early 70's sitcoms quite regularly. Enjoy them.
    Same here. We have been watching The Bob Newhart show a lot. I recorded on the DVR the whole series and have been taking them in order. My wife likes Sanford and Son too and we watch that one quite a bit too. That early to mid 70's era was IMO the best by far for sitcoms. Just a bunch of classics during that time period.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

7. Likes:

GAC (09-21-2019),North (09-21-2019)

I love Sanford and Son.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

That Saturday night lineup was basically our baby sitter. After this we would watch Carol Burnett, then Monty Python on channel 48.

Name:  gro1Y-1444341064-308-list_items-cbs7475.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  75.7 KB
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-22-2019)

Turn Off Ads?