Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Well if Colts hit on a 4th rounder that becomes your franchise QB, then you have won the lottery.
    We don't need a franchise QB to be successful this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong...the Browns were a formidable foe. I tend to look at what my teams do wrong than what the other teams do right.
    True. But lets also look at the other side of the coin ... Did the play of the opposition, in exerting pressure, force River's to make bad, snap decisions that led to the INTs, that led to the 9 points?

I agree with the above assertion that the Colts are a good team (especially defense), but may be entering a QB purgatory. I liken it almost to the situation the Jaguars were in with Bortles (though he was a rookie, and Rivers a vet). Strong teams, but a weak link at the most vital position - QB.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    True. But lets also look at the other side of the coin ... Did the play of the opposition, in exerting pressure, force River's to make bad, snap decisions that led to the INTs, that led to the 9 points?

I agree with the above assertion that the Colts are a good team (especially defense), but may be entering a QB purgatory. I liken it almost to the situation the Jaguars were in with Bortles (though he was a rookie, and Rivers a vet). Strong teams, but a weak link at the most vital position - QB.
    The Browns defense did exert pressure...but my 80 year-old Dad is faster and quicker than Phillip.

As far as the purgatory. We have a viable back-up in fold and an unproven rookie. We will be fine this season.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Took a look into that - he's 35! Wow.
    I was thinking he was 32 or 33, didn’t realize he was 35
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Have you been watching? They need an upgrade at that position. I was thinking 10-11 wins now I’m thinking 7-8. If they fall behind they have no shot at coming back unless they get unconventional scores.

I strongly believe that Rivers is not a weak link on the Colts' roster, but a positive one.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I strongly believe that Rivers is not a weak link on the Colts' roster, but a positive one.

He has 4 tds and 5 picks, he hasn’t thrown a touch down to a receiver all season and he has played poorly in 3 of 5 games. I’m not sure what you’re definition of positive is but I don’t think those stats are a positive. Has he been a slight upgrade over Brissett? My answer is maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    He has 4 tds and 5 picks, he hasn’t thrown a touch down to a receiver all season and he has played poorly in 3 of 5 games. I’m not sure what you’re definition of positive is but I don’t think those stats are a positive. Has he been a slight upgrade over Brissett? My answer is maybe.
    Since you are quoting stats and we are speaking about going forward, not what has already happened, then five weeks from now, I'll quote the stats from the next five games, Weeks 6-11.

I'm 100% certain that they won't resemble the stats you just mentioned, but instead will resemble that of a positive asset to the team.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Since you are quoting stats and we are speaking about going forward, not what has already happened, then five weeks from now, I'll quote the stats from the next five games, Weeks 6-11.

I'm 100% certain that they won't resemble the stats you just mentioned, but instead will resemble that of a positive asset to the team.
    As a Colts fan I hope you’re right and I just don’t like Rivers so I’m probably over critical but I just don’t see it improving.

As a Colts fan I hope you’re right and I just don’t like Rivers so I’m probably over critical but I just don’t see it improving.
    Not the biggest Rivers fan myself...but I got faith in Reich to straighten him out.

13. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-14-2020)

I'm talking long term.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

The Athletic has an an article about Rivers (paywall) from Michael Lombardi ( I specify that because I don't think he's the best source).

https://theathletic.com/2135125/2020...rce=dailyemail

But the title says it all

"Philip Rivers’ rapid decline is clear, and the game is moving too fast for him"
    Last edited by JaxRed; 10-14-2020 at 10:36 AM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I'm talking long term.
    As a Jags fan you know all well that you need a franchise QB to win in the NFL.

Not the biggest Rivers fan myself...but I got faith in Reich to straighten him out.
    My faith in Frank is virtually gone, let’s be honest he’s an average coach nothing more.

As a Jags fan you know all well that you need a franchise QB to win in the NFL.
    No you don't.

You just need one to get hot for three or four games. That's almost any quarterback.

19. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-14-2020)

Turn Off Ads?