Re: RIP Anthony Bourdain

Paddock was a coward.

I’ll say it.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I think I've finally found something that works and doesn't muddle my brain (Zoloft). Finding my way into a doctoral program helped as well, as it gave me a solid target to work toward.
    You say "muddle your brain" and it made me think of the video somewhere online...where they simulate one of the hundreds of diagnoses...

After watching it for 5 minutes, I was convinced one couldn't reason out of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Paddock was a coward.

I’ll say it.
    I'm glad you did, because now I can see how I feel when it happens.

I don't know if he was a coward or not, I know he was a murderer. Anything after that is peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    You say "muddle your brain" and it made me think of the video somewhere online...where they simulate one of the hundreds of diagnoses...

After watching it for 5 minutes, I was convinced one couldn't reason out of that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad you did, because now I can see how I feel when it happens.

I don't know if he was a coward or not, I know he was a murderer. Anything after that is peanuts.
    I don’t see how locking yourself in a room where no one from the crowd of innocent unarmed people watching a concert can even see you and firing upon them with assault rifles is anything but a cowardly act.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t see how locking yourself in a room where no one from the crowd of innocent unarmed people watching a concert can even see you and firing upon them with assault rifles is anything but a cowardly act.
    Let's not confuse cowardice with strategy.

I mean, if I'm trying to kill as many as people as I can, I don't think it's cowardly to try and not get stopped...

The suicide part is where you would say he was cowardly- killing himself to avoid responsibility.

For me, mental illness is something where you harm yourself....I just don't think it is linked to harming others, I'd need to see something more than talking points from pro-gun organizations.

You often hear- "Mental illness is like pneumonia; left untreated it can kill you."

You don't often hear: "Mental illness is like pneumonia; left untreated it will turn you into a serial killer."

Nothing makes an online wake/remembrance of a fine author and interesting man like a discussion that has absolutely nothing to do with his death taking over a thread about his death.

It's the most Redszonist thing ever

7. Likes:

Fil3232 (06-11-2018),nmculbreth (06-11-2018),Redsfaithful (06-11-2018),redsfandan (06-12-2018),RFS62 (06-21-2018),SunDeck (06-19-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Nothing makes an online wake/remembrance of a fine author and interesting man like a discussion that has absolutely nothing to do with his death taking over a thread about his death.

It's the most Redszonist thing ever
    Well, come on, discussions lead places...why is this so shocking that a suicide leads to talk related to suicides?

Well, come on, discussions lead places...why is this so shocking that a suicide leads to talk related to suicides?
    The relationship between cause and effect is askew in this discussion and where it's led has little to do with the death of Bourdain.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The relationship between cause and effect is askew in this discussion and where it's led has little to do with the death of Bourdain.
    People can be wrong....people debate ideas.

Bourdain's death gets the conversation flowing....if Sea Ray picks up even one ounce it, it's worth it, and truthfully if I do, too, it is worth it.

I don't have anything else to add to this. Remember, only one person here called Bourdain a coward and he hasn't participated in this conversation afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't have anything else to add to this. Remember, only one person here called Bourdain a coward and he hasn't participated in this conversation afterwards.
    What does that make him?

13. Likes:

RFS62 (06-21-2018),Wonderful Monds (06-11-2018),WrongVerb (06-11-2018)

This mental illness/mass shooter thing is something those on one side of the aisle think is true, I don't believe it is.
    That's why this is a bizarre conversation. These mass shootings are more often than not politically motivated - Paddock was politically motivated.

Anyway, Bourdain is a great loss.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    That's why this is a bizarre conversation. These mass shootings are more often than not politically motivated - Paddock was politically motivated.

Anyway, Bourdain is a great loss.
    I never heard of any political motive

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ry/1048920001/

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I never heard of any political motive

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ry/1048920001/
    Yeah, it didn't get much publicity, I wonder why

It took legal threats to get the police to release their investigation results like 8 months later.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist kind of guy, but this seems to have been legitimately suppressed, probably because Vegas interests wanted it out of the news altogether ASAP, but who knows, maybe it was suppressed because he was an alt-righter and sovereign citizen type. I wouldn't be shocked.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ents-explained

In the documents, those who encountered gunman Stephen Paddock say he expressed conspiratorial, anti-government beliefs characteristic of the far right
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Yeah, it didn't get much publicity, I wonder why

It took legal threats to get the police to release their investigation results like 8 months later.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist kind of guy, but this seems to have been legitimately suppressed, probably because Vegas interests wanted it out of the news altogether ASAP, but who knows, maybe it was suppressed because he was an alt-righter and sovereign citizen type. I wouldn't be shocked.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ents-explained
    That screams mental illness more than political motivation to me. I maintain he was mentally ill.

They call me "chef"

Whether his political motivation qualifies as a mental illness is a complex topic for another thread.

Turn Off Ads?