Re: Men's 100M US Olympic Trials...so many story lines

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    For weed? That sucks.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It is beyond stupid that she would risk her entire Olympics to smoke marijuana. She was set up to really make a name for herself....thus a lot of money if she performed, and all thrown away because she had to smoke marijuana.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

5. Likes:

DocRed (07-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    It is beyond stupid that she would risk her entire Olympics to smoke marijuana. She was set up to really make a name for herself....thus a lot of money if she performed, and all thrown away because she had to smoke marijuana.
    Sure, it’s also beyond stupid it’s a banned substance for the sport of running fast
    What would you say.....ya do here?

7. Likes:

M2 (07-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Sure, it’s also beyond stupid it’s a banned substance for the sport of running fast
    It has nothing to do with the sport of running fast....it is a banned substance per the World Anti Doping Association. All US and International Olympic athletes are governed by WADA rules. It is not a new addition to the list, and it is irrelevant what you or I think should be on the list, she decided to risk throwing everything away to smoke marijuana. I just do not understand how someone could have the discipline to become elite at an athletic event, but lack the self discipline to avoid a banned substance. Then she sends out a dumbass tweet that says "I am human".

I personally could care less if WADA includes marijuana as a banned substance. They could remove it tomorrow, and I would have no opinion of the action. Still, I do not understand this knee jerk reaction when an athlete gets penalized for marijuana to treat it like it is somehow an abuse of their human rights. Millions of Americans work at companies that will terminate their employment if they test positive for marijuana, and few go to twitter to post their outrage and show support for those people. There are even a lot of companies that ban their employees from using nicotine....and again, no outrage.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

9. Likes:

texasdave (07-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    It has nothing to do with the sport of running fast...
    This is where you should have stopped your post. Then you could have agreed with the RTG and most of the rest of society.

The rules in place are moronic and beyond antiquated.

11. Likes:

Bob Sheed (07-02-2021),RedTeamGo! (07-02-2021)

It's an antiquated dumb rule but she knew the rules and knowingly broke them. Incredibly short-sighted....oh well. She may get to run on the 4x100 lets hope.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    It's an antiquated dumb rule but she knew the rules and knowingly broke them. Incredibly short-sighted....oh well. She may get to run on the 4x100 lets hope.
    Has she admitted to smoking/ ingesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Has she admitted to smoking/ ingesting?
    Yes she took full responsibility for knowing the rules and breaking the rules in a TV interview. She said she used to cope with the recent death of her mother unfortunately.

Yes she took full responsibility for knowing the rules and breaking the rules in a TV interview. She said she used to cope with the recent death of her mother unfortunately.
    She should have used painkillers, heroin and cocaine as coping mechanisms instead. That way it would have been out of her system by the time she was tested.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

16. Likes:

757690 (07-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    She should have used painkillers, heroin and cocaine as coping mechanisms instead. That way it would have been out of her system by the time she was tested.
    If she had used painkillers she also could have gotten an endorsement from big pharma. What a dummy!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (07-03-2021)

Damn Karsten Warholm takes down the 400M Hurdles world record with a 46.70. Rai ran a 46.83. Going to be a special Olympic finals....

20. Likes:

M2 (07-02-2021)

Damn Karsten Warholm takes down the 400M Hurdles world record with a 46.70. Rai ran a 46.83. Going to be a special Olympic finals....
    The 400M hurdles, men and women, could be the marquee event in the Olympics.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I just watched Warholm's WR and Rai at the US Olympic trials both on YouTube. Warholm went all out for the entire race while Rai didn't turn it on till about halfway through it. The question is can Rai go out a bit faster in the first 200M and maintain that late burst of speed? I think he can...

Watch Samba win it all. He has the talent, and has run under 47.

24. Likes:

DocRed (07-02-2021)

Turn Off Ads?