Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I couldn't be more proud.

He grew up in a trailer and works in a coffee shop and doesn't look at other people as sources of contamination.

Unlike.

Attachment 16742
    If people think nature is their friend, then they sure don't need an enemy.

- Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    If you look at the numbers suicide has been increasing exponentially in this country for over a decade and nobody said a word. Now, all of a sudden, it’s a major issue.

It’s good people have noticed, but I wonder if anyone actually cares or if it’s just being used as ammo by COVID-deniers.
    Agreed it's been overlooked for too long. And it's not just suicide, it's suicide with pain killers, drugs and alcohol too. People are killing themselves deliberately or with a slow death at an alarming rate. Find an old manufacturing or labor ran town in nowhere America and you'll find an addiction riddled area. I grew up in one in Northern Kentucky.

But I think the suicides spiking from Covid aren't necessarily that same crowd. People in need of help who aren't getting it, extroverts locked up, depressed kids stuck at home, etc. Not saying there isn't an overlap, but I don't think it'is that big.

Both need way more attention tho.

4. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    If people think nature is their friend, then they sure don't need an enemy.

- Kurt Vonnegut
    I'm sorry, so other people are our enemy?

Because germs?

Were you raised by Howard Hughes?

Nightly reminder that if you aren't paying small businesses and their employees you're stealing their money and giving it to big biz with lockdowns. Wal-Mart and Amazon are killing it. Maybe that was the idea all along.

7. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-21-2020),Rojo (11-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Wal-Mart and Amazon are killing it. Maybe that was the idea all along.
    Yeeeep! Just like I think TARP was to consolidate big bank control over small banks.

Nightly reminder that if you aren't paying small businesses and their employees you're stealing their money and giving it to big biz with lockdowns. Wal-Mart and Amazon are killing it. Maybe that was the idea all along.
    You know their lawyers and lobbyists are working overtime to ramp up lockdowns. Never let a disaster go to waste.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 11-21-2020 at 07:59 AM.

10. Likes:

Rojo (11-24-2020),Stray (11-21-2020)

Yes yes, wal-mart and Amazon are behind a global pandemic. Riiiiighttttt.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    You know their lawyers and lobbyists are working overtime to ramp up lockdowns. Never let a disaster go to waste.
    Prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Certainly you're not going to do it, no matter what "the man" says.
    What exactly have you done to “fight” it other than scream into the void online? You keep bringing up Europeans taking to the streets and saying Americans are weak. Which street have you taken to?

14. Likes:

Larkin Fan (11-21-2020),Wonderful Monds (11-21-2020)

No one is saying that. It’s called disaster capitalism. When disaster strikes, move aggressively to see your preferred policy changes enacted while countervailing forces are still reeling. It’s taking advantage of an upturned status quo.

16. Likes:

GAC (12-03-2020),Rojo (11-24-2020)

https://youtu.be/2Wz7KvLFgYQ

Dave Chappelle stopped by the Rogan podcast the other day. To me, this clip sums up the current state of trying to problem-solve our way through this pandemic.

"En masse, it seems like we are rewriting our social contracts"

"People are forced to take stock of their lives. Do you like your house? Do you like who you are with? Do you like all of these things you have accumulated? "

"Forced reflection." Pretty deep stuff.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 11-21-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

???

19. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-21-2020),Rojo (11-24-2020)

???
    It’s a favorite maneuver of the center. Misrepresent the hell out of non-centrist position because it’s “crazy” and everything that isn’t centrist is “crazy.” So how could you *possibly* believe that plutocrats are doubling down in a crisis?

21. Likes:

Rojo (11-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    It’s a favorite maneuver of the center. Misrepresent the hell out of non-centrist position because it’s “crazy” and everything that isn’t centrist is “crazy.” So how could you *possibly* believe that plutocrats are doubling down in a crisis?
    Yes, exactly. I don't now how it was in PA, but during the initial stay at home order, it was proposed that independent wine and spirits stores have to close while Kroger could still continue to sell. That didn't do over very well, and I don't think it was malicious, but it's obvious how lowly regarded small businesses are looked at. Can you imagine the killing that Kroger would have made?

23. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-21-2020),Rojo (11-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Yes, exactly. I don't now how it was in PA, but during the initial stay at home order, it was proposed that independent wine and spirits stores have to close while Kroger could still continue to sell. That didn't do over very well, and I don't think it was malicious, but it's obvious how lowly regarded small businesses are looked at. Can you imagine the killing that Kroger would have made?
    I think people love small businesses. I think corporations want absolute, entire control.

In PA—well Philadelphia (can’t speak to the whole state)—everything except major chains were shut down (even WalMart had/has limited hours). We supposedly “did it right.” And, well...
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 11-21-2020 at 11:15 AM.

25. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-21-2020),Rojo (11-24-2020)

Turn Off Ads?