Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I think people love small businesses. I think corporations want absolute, entire control.
    I think people love them too, but that suggestion came from the state. And I agree that corporations want to get bigger and bigger and control more (that's their job), but Dewine wasn't supposed to help them.

2. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-21-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What exactly have you done to “fight” it other than scream into the void online? You keep bringing up Europeans taking to the streets and saying Americans are weak. Which street have you taken to?
    The people who might otherwise be protesting this are in breadlines. I don’t blame them. Stomach comes first.

5. Likes:

Rojo (11-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I'm sorry, so other people are our enemy?

Because germs?

Were you raised by Howard Hughes?
    I'm simply saying that you or in this case your son seem to think it's all part of the norm of life, viruses, herd mentality, deaths (albeit small when compared against total population numbers, but nonetheless deaths themselves) hence "nature"

Nature is a beast in my eyes, that includes germs from this virus which is running rampant. I'm not going to cower in the corner myself, but I'm certainly not going to kick a hornets nest to show everyone how brave and smart I am against a virus

7. Likes:

757690 (11-21-2020),Bob Sheed (11-21-2020),dabvu2498 (11-21-2020),GAC (12-03-2020),Larkin Fan (11-21-2020),M2 (11-21-2020),mth123 (11-21-2020),Redsfaithful (11-21-2020),RedTeamGo! (11-21-2020),Revering4Blue (11-21-2020),RFS62 (11-22-2020),Wonderful Monds (11-21-2020),WrongVerb (11-21-2020)

Given that Rojo still feels the need to share his bursts of barking insanity, does that mean COVID is in fact not over?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-21-2020)

I suspect that every time throughout history when something really bad is happening, there's always someone there trying to tell everyone the bad thing isn't really happening.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

11. Likes:

M2 (11-21-2020),RedTeamGo! (11-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    ???
    Wal-Mart and Amazon are killing it. Maybe that was the idea all along.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The people who might otherwise be protesting this are in breadlines. I don’t blame them. Stomach comes first.
    Rojo isn’t in a breadline.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I suspect that every time throughout history when something really bad is happening, there's always someone there trying to tell everyone the bad thing isn't really happening.
    Even worse is long after it happened, there will be people still trying to convince everyone it didn’t happen. Trust me, there will be a Covid denier circuit a hundred years from now.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

15. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-21-2020),Revering4Blue (11-21-2020),WrongVerb (11-21-2020)

The US on Friday also recorded its highest number of Covid-19 patients in hospitals on a given day: just over 82,100 -- according to the COVID Tracking Project.

Rising death rates typically follow rising hospitalizations. In just the past week, more than 10,000 US deaths have been reported -- nearly double the weekly death toll of just a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    They won’t appear in the history books. Neither will the politicians letting Americans starve.

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-21-2020)

My guess is that there will be some eye-popping Great Depression level job loss figure at the end of January. Then they’ll approve $1.5 trillion in corporate handouts, $200 billion for cities and states, and 6 weeks of ue.

20. Likes:

Rojo (11-24-2020)

I'm sure we've gone over this point before, but there's never been a better advertisement for the benefits of Yang's Freedom Dividend than this pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm sure we've gone over this point before, but there's never been a better advertisement for the benefits of Yang's Freedom Dividend than this pandemic.
    Looking back I’m stunned his campaign never really got off the ground. Not going any farther on that per forum rules.

23. Likes:

BernieCarbo (11-21-2020),Boston Red (11-21-2020),Revering4Blue (11-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Looking back I’m stunned his campaign never really got off the ground. Not going any farther on that per forum rules.
    Why would he have any chance? He's not ridiculous, which is disqualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Seems like nowadays the UBI is touted nearly ubiquitously by most social scientists, except economists. Economists still seem pretty split on the issue, which strikes me as odd considering none other than Milton Friedman was a huge proponent of what he dubbed the "negative income tax." But even that worm is starting to turn, and we are probably due for another major paradigm shift in macroeconomics, as society is shifting in ways that the existing theories don't really account for, IMO. I see Powell declaring the Phillips curve dead last year as a pretty strong indicator that the winds are shifting towards the UBI (or at least UBI-adjacent) direction. And I think covid is kind of putting it all into ludicrous speed.

Turn Off Ads?