Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2020

Re: IU Football-2020

Watched a lot of this game. Came away super impressed with IU. Lotta teams come out and get steamrolled by OSU after a 1st half like that. Hoosiers nearly pulled it off. Impressive stuff.

2. Likes:

GAC (11-22-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Fields aint gonna win the Heisman.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yeah, in a short season like this you can’t afford a game like that. In a normal season it wouldn’t have hurt him that much.
    He certainly didn't have a great day with 3 INTs. But the Hoosiers also couldn't capitalize on any of them. But IMO he's still in the running. The Buckeyes won the game vs a very good opponent (ranked #9 and undefeated). He threw for 300 yards (2 TDs) and also rushed for 78 yards and 1 TD.

Clemson's Lawrence didn't help his cause missing the last two games due to Covid, and yesterday's game vs FSU postponed. But I'd say that QB Jones (Tide) and Book (ND), as well as Wilson (BYU) are getting a serious look.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-22-2020 at 04:22 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Watched a lot of this game. Came away super impressed with IU. Lotta teams come out and get steamrolled by OSU after a 1st half like that. Hoosiers nearly pulled it off. Impressive stuff.
    They got a good head coach who has turned the football program around for sure. And he signed a 7 yr contract last December.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    They got a good head coach who has turned the football program around for sure. And he signed a 7 yr contract last December.
    IU has a coach that makes those 3*'s better.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    We all know coaches contracts don’t mean anything.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I’d never seen a shakier 35-7 lead in my life.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-22-2020)

Allen's making alum who have never cared about IU football care. Myself included. Hope they're willing to back up the Brinks truck to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Allen's making alum who have never cared about IU football care. Myself included. Hope they're willing to back up the Brinks truck to keep him.
    IU appears to be committed to football.

IU appears to be committed to football.
    Tom Allen has done something Archie Miller hasn't, had a winning record in a big 10 season.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Tom Allen has done something Archie Miller hasn't, had a winning record in a big 10 season.
    Not exactly surprising when you consider the state of the football program - aided, of course, by Allen's contributions as DC and the corresponding defensive culture - when Wilson was dismissed, as opposed to the basketball program state that Crean left behind.

And this is not to slight Allen at all, as we are damn fortunate to have him. We can only hope that he rejects certain overtures to lure him away, just as Mallory did circa ' 88. Perhaps I'm overly optimistic in that regard, but I believe that he will.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-26-2020)

James is out today.

Evidently, we can run the ball.

The news about Penix sucks...not exactly the same (worse for IU), but it kind of reminds me of when Will Grier going down for the year late in the 2017 season. We were really starting to roll during Grier's first year @ WVU....finally made it back into the Top 25 and Texas was coming to Morgantown. Grier drove us down the field and fumbled on the 1 yard line....and did not play for the rest of the season because he also broke his hand on that play. WVU was introduced to what a Chris Chugunov team would look like as he went on to lose the rest of the games and transfer to Ohio State. It just sucks because history will view that season as a mediocre year that the team crumbled down the stretch....when it could have been one of our better years in the Big12.

Hopefully IU has a backup that can give you a good chance in the final couple games? Btw, this is where to biggest gap is between the blue bloods and the rest of P5 teams. Blue bloods have depth and can survive bad luck, injuries, etc., while most teams have a significant ability gap in most positions on the depth chart.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    The news about Penix sucks...not exactly the same (worse for IU), but it kind of reminds me of when Will Grier going down for the year late in the 2017 season. We were really starting to roll during Grier's first year @ WVU....finally made it back into the Top 25 and Texas was coming to Morgantown. Grier drove us down the field and fumbled on the 1 yard line....and did not play for the rest of the season because he also broke his hand on that play. WVU was introduced to what a Chris Chugunov team would look like as he went on to lose the rest of the games and transfer to Ohio State. It just sucks because history will view that season as a mediocre year that the team crumbled down the stretch....when it could have been one of our better years in the Big12.

Hopefully IU has a backup that can give you a good chance in the final couple games? Btw, this is where to biggest gap is between the blue bloods and the rest of P5 teams. Blue bloods have depth and can survive bad luck, injuries, etc., while most teams have a significant ability gap in most positions on the depth chart.
    Jack Tuttle, was a sought after young man coming out of HS.

19. Likes:

redsfanmia (11-30-2020),Revering4Blue (11-30-2020)

Jack Tuttle, was a sought after young man coming out of HS.
    Interesting. I thought I recognized that name. He was a top 150 recruit in the country according to 247sports and 8th highest rated QB. Offers from Alabama, LSU, USC, Wisconsin, and others. Ended up at Utah. What happened to this dude at Utah?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?