Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Dodgers @ Reds 5-19-19

Re: Dodgers @ Reds 5-19-19

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I’m not saying we can’t be emotional or we must make reasonable thought out post but for the love of God some of those negative posts are just silly especially early in the game
    it definitely seems like some people just can't wait to be negative and jump at the first opportunity.

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-19-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    I haven't been around anywhere near as long as you. Ive been a fan since 2000 so I haven't seen much success. Maybe that leads to a bit more negativity then it should. I do believe a lot of my posts are positive as well. The game thread is kind of made for off the cuff remarks but I could see where you are coming from. However, I dont believe personal attacks are ever ok though especially considering you yourself said I didnt offend you. Maybe just say "Dont give up, theres still time". Idk, maybe that would come off better.

Other people have said that to you so I don’t even bother. I didn’t even think I was getting personal with you.

Only your post.

For points of reference go to Baseball Reference. Look up 1973. 1974. Even 1975 Reds. 1992 Braves. 1974 Orioles.

1985 Dodgers. Look at the stats and game by game results for the 1st 3 months. You will be amazed how bad some teams can look. Now if you say this Reds team does not compare to those teams to begin with. Ok.

Go to 1988 or 1989 Reds. Before injuries in 89 even with the Rose debacle that 1989 team underachieved badly.

Puig’s OPS is almost in the 500s, did not see this coming

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Other people have said that to you so I don’t even bother. I didn’t even think I was getting personal with you.

Only your post.

For points of reference go to Baseball Reference. Look up 1973. 1974. Even 1975 Reds. 1992 Braves. 1974 Orioles.

1985 Dodgers. Look at the stats and game by game results for the 1st 3 months. You will be amazed how bad some teams can look. Now if you say this Reds team does not compare to those teams to begin with. Ok.

Go to 1988 or 1989 Reds. Before injuries in 89 even with the Rose debacle that 1989 team underachieved badly.
    Honestly I barely post here and this is why. Telling someone they have an attitude like Eeyore isnt a personal attack? You singled me out for some reason and I dont think I'm even close to the most negative person commenting in these threads. Dont really think it should concern you either way. Dont like someone's posts? Ignore them, simple. I try to appreciate everyone's insight so maybe I will look up some of those teams. Sounds interesting. Hope you have a good night and Go Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    Puig’s OPS is almost in the 500s, did not see this coming
    We assumed that Votto and Puig would be solid middle of the order hitters....... Ouch.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Reds fall to 0-8 on Sundays this season.
    Praying for rain on Sundays rest of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Honestly I barely post here and this is why. Telling someone they have an attitude like Eeyore isnt a personal attack? You singled me out for some reason and I dont think I'm even close to the most negative person commenting in these threads. Dont really think it should concern you either way. Dont like someone's posts? Ignore them, simple. I try to appreciate everyone's insight so maybe I will look up some of those teams. Sounds interesting. Hope you have a good night and Go Reds!
    My apologies. My attempts at humor in making comparisons failed. I did not dislike your post.
    I disagreed with it. We were making a point/counter point and it got out of hand. I have vented myself with sarcasm not fully detected. Usually though after the game is over.

The real baseball season does not start until After Memorial Day. You will see a clearer picture once June starts for this team. Unlike 2016-18. Were you knew they were bad and everyone was a downer based on the obvious.
    I just can’t believe that they will just hit this bad for much longer. If they do then I don’t blame you for being upset by the 3rd inning.

9. Likes:

ochoa30 (05-20-2019)

Turn Off Ads?