Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread...

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    WWE Needs the Cruiserweight Division in the worst way. I hate the U.S. belt, it should be retired. Keep the IC as it has more WWE history.

Really, WWE needs an X Division. Best thing TNA ever did.
    Belts make the feud meaningful.... There should be more Tag belts, but Vinces hates tag teams.

I 'd go

WWE World Hwy
    WWE World Tag
    WWE IC Title
    WWE IC Tag
    WWE World 6 man
    WWE Women's
    WWE Womens Tag
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Belts make the feud meaningful.... There should be more Tag belts, but Vinces hates tag teams.

I 'd go

WWE World Hwy
    WWE World Tag
    WWE IC Title
    WWE IC Tag
    WWE World 6 man
    WWE Women's
    WWE Womens Tag
    Can't argue with that. More women mean a need for more belts for them. An IC tag title and bringing back the 6 Man tag title could be fun.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

4. Likes:

Joseph (06-01-2016)

I 'd go

WWE World Hwy
    WWE World Tag
    WWE IC Title
    WWE IC Tag
    WWE World 6 man
    WWE Women's
    WWE Womens Tag
    The man makes the belt, not the belt makes the man. They've done a poor job with most of the belts the last 5-10 years. If it means tolerating John Cena match a thon (and any lack of real story beyond the matches) to make the US belt mean something again... FIne. One thing I will give TNA credit for is at least being a little creative. I wish WWE would do like they've done millions of times before. Take someone elses idea and make it their own. And this idea is my desire for days when the US and IC belts were usually considered the #2 or 3 guy in the company.

(Since the brand split is a certainty).

Option C in WWE:
    Leading up to Summer Slam (makes SummerSlam unique). You still have Reigns with the belt and Steph/HHH want to give the US champion the option to turn in the belt and get a match with the WWE champion. Seth defeats Cena for the US belt (after Cena wins it Monday from Rusev you know its going to happen).
    couple weeks before you have Ambrose win the IC belt from the other show. He interupts a segment and Shane puts him in and you have your Shield Triple Threat PPV main event. From there you can really go in any direction. If you did it this year, I'd say probably Reigns retains and book it to work further toward HHH/Rollins at Survivor Series.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

The big rumor is that Reigns will be the headliner on RAW, Cena will be the headliner on Smackdown.

Smark tears are the best tears for Vince.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The big rumor is that Reigns will be the headliner on RAW, Cena will be the headliner on Smackdown.

Smark tears are the best tears for Vince.
    I understand using Cena to make SmackDown seem big time, but I think it should be the other way around. RAW tends to run the bigger city (Green Bay, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Phoenix, the next four episodes) with SD getting the smaller city (Rockford, Wichita, Biloxi, Tucson). The smaller towns tend to be nicer to Roman, maybe if they book him well enough on SD he could start getting regular pops and they could eventually have him become the guy on RAW and not get booed out of every building.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    The man makes the belt, not the belt makes the man. They've done a poor job with most of the belts the last 5-10 years. If it means tolerating John Cena match a thon (and any lack of real story beyond the matches) to make the US belt mean something again... FIne. One thing I will give TNA credit for is at least being a little creative. I wish WWE would do like they've done millions of times before. Take someone elses idea and make it their own. And this idea is my desire for days when the US and IC belts were usually considered the #2 or 3 guy in the company.

(Since the brand split is a certainty).
    The problem is that there is ton of talent that the writers need to get over. When you have a just a few titles - it doesn't work. The UFC blew out the weight division for instance... more opportunities. I would love to see the Revival as the IC Tag Champs and have Enzo and Cass chase the belts. Tag Teams give more opportunity to get talent over in meaningful way. I 'd much rather see a title match that a match over the fact a plant got destroyed (see Jericho v. Ambrose). With the lack of regional territories - less champions mean less people over (unless you don't need a belt to be over - see Jake the Snake Roberts).

I miss the days of the NWA with the :

World Hwy Title
    US Title
    World Tag
    US Tag
    World TV.
    World 6 Man title.

(... and they even had the Mid Atlantic, the Western State Heritage and National Hwy Championships for awhile as well).

I agree the belts need to mean something... but I have to have championship intrigue in the match... I mean it's supposed to be a "competiton" right?
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

9. Likes:

Gallen5862 (05-29-2016)

The problem is that there is ton of talent that the writers need to get over. When you have a just a few titles - it doesn't work. The UFC blew out the weight division for instance... more opportunities. I would love to see the Revival as the IC Tag Champs and have Enzo and Cass chase the belts. Tag Teams give more opportunity to get talent over in meaningful way. I 'd much rather see a title match that a match over the fact a plant got destroyed (see Jericho v. Ambrose). With the lack of regional territories - less champions mean less people over (unless you don't need a belt to be over - see Jake the Snake Roberts).

I miss the days of the NWA with the :

World Hwy Title
    US Title
    World Tag
    US Tag
    World TV.
    World 6 Man title.

(... and they even had the Mid Atlantic, the Western State Heritage and National Hwy Championships for awhile as well).

I agree the belts need to mean something... but I have to have championship intrigue in the match... I mean it's supposed to be a "competiton" right?
    Same time though, would Wyatts vs Shield have meant more with a 6 man title in it? Did Zayn vs Owens (i hope they're going away from this for a little while its almost played out and save it for a renew later) have mattered more with the US belt? You can overdo it with anything. Its my one big complaint with WWE and Cena they've given him so many "marquee" moments you would think he'd have to at least be in contention with Rock, Hogan, and Austin... but all its led to is diminishing returns.

Plus look at Vince's history, he uses tag teams/factions to introduce guys then "his guy" (IE Bret, Shawn, Rock, etc) spins off and goes on to "bigger and better things". How many true tag teams last with WWE unless they are an LOD, Nasty Boys, etc that come with their own fan base and pay day based on the team. The problem I see with the 6 man is that you'll see random thrown together teams with no real purpose for anything holding the belts... when they're even acknowledged as such.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Same time though, would Wyatts vs Shield have meant more with a 6 man title in it? Did Zayn vs Owens (i hope they're going away from this for a little while its almost played out and save it for a renew later) have mattered more with the US belt? You can overdo it with anything. Its my one big complaint with WWE and Cena they've given him so many "marquee" moments you would think he'd have to at least be in contention with Rock, Hogan, and Austin... but all its led to is diminishing returns.

Plus look at Vince's history, he uses tag teams/factions to introduce guys then "his guy" (IE Bret, Shawn, Rock, etc) spins off and goes on to "bigger and better things". How many true tag teams last with WWE unless they are an LOD, Nasty Boys, etc that come with their own fan base and pay day based on the team. The problem I see with the 6 man is that you'll see random thrown together teams with no real purpose for anything holding the belts... when they're even acknowledged as such.
    Von Erichs v Freebird for the Six man belts was CRAZY....
    Magnum v. Tully for the US Belt... Goodness....

Yes... Belts make it matter more...

Dont get me wrong... you can book belts waaaay wrong... just take a look the Hardcore Title and the cluster it was.

... but done right.... it makes the feud even that better.
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

12. Likes:

M2 (05-30-2016)

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I understand using Cena to make SmackDown seem big time, but I think it should be the other way around. RAW tends to run the bigger city (Green Bay, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Phoenix, the next four episodes) with SD getting the smaller city (Rockford, Wichita, Biloxi, Tucson). The smaller towns tend to be nicer to Roman, maybe if they book him well enough on SD he could start getting regular pops and they could eventually have him become the guy on RAW and not get booed out of every building.
    You just don't hear the boos on Smackdown for Roman because they edit them out. That won't happen live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AJ you want nothing to do with the Cena monster. Just ask about anyone who's feuded with Cena and how they ended up.

William Arthur Ward

AJ you want nothing to do with the Cena monster. Just ask about anyone who's feuded with Cena and how they ended up.
    Why it's an honor just to have John Cena say your name, right before he explains how you're not a real man.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

16. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (06-06-2016),Tom Servo (05-30-2016),TRF (05-31-2016)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Philosophical question: how can one be "champion" of a fixed sport?

18. Likes:

Joseph (06-01-2016)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Why it's an honor just to have John Cena say your name, right before he explains how you're not a real man.
    I saw him yesterday. Or his car, anyway. I think I shared this but his gym is right by my house.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    And then invalidates EVERYTHING that happens with 5 moves of doom!

William Arthur Ward

21. Likes:

M2 (06-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Philosophical question: how can one be "champion" of a fixed sport?
    People pay to see you by buying tix and merch, that's how.

People paid to see Dusty get revenge on the horsemen, that's how.

People pay to boo or cheer Cena, that how.
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Turn Off Ads?