Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I really hope not, they are fine with Green, Boyd, Ross, Eifert. They have gaping holes elsewhere.
    Yeah I didn't say that's what I want them to take, but it seems like a move the Bengals would make.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Yeah I didn't say that's what I want them to take, but it seems like a move the Bengals would make.
    I think you probably can throw some things out the window with Marvin being gone and reports that Tobin has even more power this year.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

So is Williams gonna play tackle or guard? Some outlets think he's a guard and not a tackle.

If I have to endure more of the Bobby Hart experiment at RT then this is a waste of pick. You should be able to find guards in the middle to latter part of the draft or as UDFAs. Hopefully he settles in as a solid tackle like Whit who was projected to possibly be a guard IIRC, and played there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GaiusBallstar View Post
    So is Williams gonna play tackle or guard? Some outlets think he's a guard and not a tackle.
    From everything I've read, he looks like a potential LT with fallback options at RT and both G positions. In other words, he's versatile. Given that the Bengals have needs all over the line, I was really hoping he would be available when they drafted, and was pleasantly surprised that he was. I thought he was a much better fit that Dillard or Taylor for this team. I'm excited to see what they do in the second and third rounds after this strong start.
    Last edited by RedEye; 04-26-2019 at 01:36 AM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

6. Likes:

GaiusBallstar (04-26-2019),Redsfaithful (04-26-2019)

It's a league now where your O-Linemen need to be versatile because it's always in flux thanks to Free Agency and players pricing themselves off of teams. Once you establish good Linemen, you're bound to lose them. Still think the best strategy is to invest heavily at Center and LT, while going cheap for the other three spots. Bengals have now done this with 1st Rounders Price, LT Glenn and this guy to replace Glenn. It only works if they resign the new picks on their next contracts creating as much stability as one can get in this day and age. A QB needs stability at C and LT. The other parts are easily replaceable with 5th Rd picks and Tier-C FA's.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-26-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I wonder if they would consider Lock if he made it past Denver.

Defense has to be a priority though. Hopefully Mack Wilson is there in the second.
    I'd rather they trade a 3rd for Rosen than select Lock.

Wilson seems to have slipped a lot in the pre-draft process. I think he'll be there, but the Bengals may not think he's worth it. Maybe a DE?

Edit: The SI mock draft had the Bengals taking Mack WIlson in the 3rd round, which would be nice. It also has them taking Will Grier in the 2nd, which I'd be ok with, but not crazy about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hillsdale87; 04-26-2019 at 08:49 AM.

9. Likes:

Benihana (04-26-2019)

I, for one, have no prob-FALSE START, #68, REPEAT 2ND DOWN-lem with Hart. I think he get-FALSE START, #68, 5 YARD PENALTY -s a bad rap. He's actually not tha-FALSE START, #68, REPEAT 3RD DOWN -t bad. I don't understand where all th-ILLEGAL FORMATION, LINED UP IN THE NEUTRAL ZONE, #68, REPEAT 3RD DOWN -e hate comes from. Really just a misunderstood guy.

11. Likes:

Redsfaithful (04-26-2019),RiverRat13 (04-26-2019),Spanky (04-26-2019),Todd Gack (04-26-2019),WVRed (04-26-2019)

Looks like Lapham was right again for his prediction on Williams. (He officially said Dilliard only because he thought Williams wouldn't have been there at 11 but thought he was better.) I swear he's been right these last few years on predicting who they would take.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I don't understand why we'd even entertain Grier or any QB right now.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I don't understand why we'd even entertain Grier or any QB right now.
    I’d be fine with Lock (don’t see him making it past Denver though), but Grier is a third round pick at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I don't really like the pick. I thought Haskins should have been the pick with the way the draft fell. The only guy I really wanted was Devin White who wasn't going to be there. Its probably a little homer in me, but also he was said to be the best QB in the draft by many of the experts. Guys who I really like their opinion (Louis Riddick to name one.) I just don't think the Bengals are going to be in the position to take a top tier QB for a while now. I think they will continue to play in the 6 to 8 win range with the current structure of the team. I thought Haskins gave them a chance to get a franchise QB without having to move up in the draft or settle for a "fast riser."

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-26-2019),RiverRat13 (04-26-2019)

Bengals have 10 picks left. Only the Patriots have more. It'll be interesting to see if they use them to make a trade. I'd like to see them use a 5th or 6th to try to trade for Darron Lee. He would add some much needed speed to our LBs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I, for one, have no prob-FALSE START, #68, REPEAT 2ND DOWN-lem with Hart. I think he get-FALSE START, #68, 5 YARD PENALTY -s a bad rap. He's actually not tha-FALSE START, #68, REPEAT 3RD DOWN -t bad. I don't understand where all th-ILLEGAL FORMATION, LINED UP IN THE NEUTRAL ZONE, #68, REPEAT 3RD DOWN -e hate comes from. Really just a misunderstood guy.
    This post is a masterpiece
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Not quite - he didn't mention the holding penalties or the sacks allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    This post is a masterpiece

23. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-26-2019),Spanky (04-26-2019)

Turn Off Ads?