Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: On the declining quality of the ORG

Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

isn't Redszone supposed to be fairly "family friendly"? I remember a couple of years back I got a demerit or something like that for saying a dirty word which isn't that dirty. but now the seemingly endless sex jokes have gotten out of hand IMO

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    isn't Redszone supposed to be fairly "family friendly"? I remember a couple of years back I got a demerit or something like that for saying a dirty word which isn't that dirty. but now the seemingly endless sex jokes have gotten out of hand IMO
    Endless sex jokes? Whoa. I really haven't been in the ORG much lately.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Endless sex jokes? Whoa. I really haven't been in the ORG much lately.
    Basically any mention of Dick Williams leads to at least one thinly veiled phallic joke.

I agree, it's making any thread involving the front office very difficult to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-23-2015)

Well it's that Dick thing that obviously has your attention.

It is vulgar word play at best, but I'm also of the opinion that this is the internet so complete policing can never satisfy all the users.

I'm of the opinion that most posters are adults. Innuendo is to be expected , even blatant and obvious

But hey, I'm from the 70s so I'm already askew

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-20-2015),pahster (11-27-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    My advice, Ignore the trolls and they will go away.
    Problem is, there are a few trolls that seem to have free rein here. Impossible to ignore when it is permitted for some, even when it is supposedly against board rules.

9. Likes:

BillDoran (11-20-2015),Old school 1983 (11-23-2015),Sea Ray (11-21-2015)

Dude... really? :/

11. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (01-04-2016)

The ORG mirrors humanity-the actual problem with the ORG stems from those who so readily assume a moral authority.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Sometimes the ORG skews a smidge past PG into PG-13 area. Junior high innuendo. Nothing awful, but probably not what Boss and crew wants.

For me, you have to get pretty far into depravity before I get offended. I've been to Tiajuana.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

14. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (01-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Sometimes the ORG skews a smidge past PG into PG-13 area. Junior high innuendo. Nothing awful, but probably not what Boss and crew wants.

For me, you have to get pretty far into depravity before I get offended. I've been to Tiajuana.
    Roy at a donkey show is something I'll never be able to forget now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Roy at a donkey show is something I'll never be able to forget now.
    Says the man who posts sans pants.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

17. Likes:

pahster (11-27-2015)

Says the man who posts sans pants.
    I do wear socks

thats kinda what I've seen. The thread about the new Reds GM was 80% jokes about his first name. if I recall there was a thread a couple of weeks ago with endless MILF jokes. I thought the board was trying to avoid this, be more G or PG rather than PG-13

This thread has led many different lives. Interesting how far it has gotten away from my original intent -- which isn't even relevant anymore.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I have been guilty of a few of the innuendo jokes and would never have made similar cracks in the past. A couple of years ago I would not have linked here to a video or article which had swearing in it. Now that it a pretty common occurrence here. It seemed like some of the origin for a change in the attitude came from the occasional game thread which would have a more adult tone than others. This has crept into the ORG as well but so far seems to me to be clustered in certain threads. I will happily self police myself. I think I got through the Dick Pole era that I should be able to restrain myself again. I have been noting a decline in the amount in posting and would hate to think things here were alienating anyone from participating.

Now if the Reds bring in guys called Bud Roach, I am still going to make pot jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I have been guilty of a few of the innuendo jokes and would never have made similar cracks in the past. A couple of years ago I would not have linked here to a video or article which had swearing in it. Now that it a pretty common occurrence here. It seemed like some of the origin for a change in the attitude came from the occasional game thread which would have a more adult tone than others. This has crept into the ORG as well but so far seems to me to be clustered in certain threads. I will happily self police myself. I think I got through the Dick Pole era that I should be able to restrain myself again. I have been noting a decline in the amount in posting and would hate to think things here were alienating anyone from participating.

Now if the Reds bring in guys called Bud Roach, I am still going to make pot jokes.
    I think the decline in posting is because the team was really bad in 2015. If/when the Reds make some major moves in the next couple of weeks the site will probably crash.

23. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-23-2015)

Turn Off Ads?