Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Mike Brown only replaced Marv after fan resentment reached a certain level...has it reached that point with Taylor? On twitter its pretty bad...

Burrow likes Taylor which is something Taylor has going for him.

I think Taylor will be a good coach some day but perhaps the time isn't right now for him. I would like to see Tobin handle some of this heat as it is his job to go out and address the holes on this team.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

2-14 last year

1st luck in every round of the draft

Spent tens of millions in free agency

Just as bad this season

What happens if Finley gets hurt? Thru have 1 guy on practice squad but they have to sign one more font they?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Mike Brown only replaced Marv after fan resentment reached a certain level...has it reached that point with Taylor? On twitter its pretty bad...

Burrow likes Taylor which is something Taylor has going for him.

I think Taylor will be a good coach some day but perhaps the time isn't right now for him. I would like to see Tobin handle some of this heat as it is his job to go out and address the holes on this team.
    With Marvin though it reached the point that fans stopped showing up and supporting the team. Because of Marvin.

Taylor is to that point but fans are going to show up because of Joe Burrow. That said I’d tie Taylor’s job to how long Burrow is going to be out.

If he’s back next season Taylor comes back but is forced to make coaching changes. One needs to be a veteran coach so if Taylor does end up getting canned midseason someone can take over.

If it’s a Teddy Bridgewater injury, fire Taylor yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The Bengals can get to around $60mm under the cap if they cut Geno, Hart, Price, and Uzomah. That should be plenty to re-sign Lawson and WJIII, sign an impact OL, and get Bates' extension done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If it’s a Teddy Bridgewater injury, fire Taylor yesterday.
    Joe rode the plane home with the team, was walking on it, and is reportedly at PBS today. I don't think it is a Bridgewater situation.

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Good point. I would use my third or fourth round pick to pick up a solid QB and go into 2021 with him as starter, hope he pans out, and trade him when Burrow is ready for 2022 or 2023.
    No way you waste a draft pick on a qb when you have JB, you just sign a Joe Flacco or a Fitzpatrick and roll with him until JB is back..
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The Bengals can get to around $60mm under the cap if they cut Geno, Hart, Price, and Uzomah. That should be plenty to re-sign Lawson and WJIII, sign an impact OL, and get Bates' extension done.

- - - Updated - - -

Joe rode the plane home with the team, was walking on it, and is reportedly at PBS today. I don't think it is a Bridgewater situation.
    Has it EVER mattered how much "under the cap" the Bengals will be?

Rhetorical question, I know.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    How about Sam Darnold?

He’s going to get cut if the Jets do take Lawrence/Fields. I think Pittsburgh signs him as a backup to Roethlisberger given Juju was lobbying for him but if he has an opportunity to start and Taylor is coaching for his job by this point it might be worth it as a reclamation project.

He’s better than Finley but then again who isn’t at this point.
    Why draft a QB at all in the early rounds? Take a flier on one in the later rounds. You'll never get the pick in return that you used to draft a QB high in the draft. With medicine today, more than likely Burrow's is going to be fine, look at Alex Smith and Teddy Bridgewater. If I was the GM, I would use my picks to fill holes other than the QB. Just my take, an amateur armchair GM!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Burrows hunger fund has received 27,000 dollars in donations since his injury, that's pretty awesome esp with Thanksgiving coming up.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Has it EVER mattered how much "under the cap" the Bengals will be?

Rhetorical question, I know.
    Normally I'd agree with you but they actually did spend money last offseason. And they have a history of signing their own guys. The blowback they are getting nationally may be enough for them to sign an impact OL.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Why draft a QB at all in the early rounds? Take a flier on one in the later rounds. You'll never get the pick in return that you used to draft a QB high in the draft. With medicine today, more than likely Burrow's is going to be fine, look at Alex Smith and Teddy Bridgewater. If I was the GM, I would use my picks to fill holes other than the QB. Just my take, an amateur armchair GM!!!
    If you read the discussion, this was only if Burrow had an injury that would sideline him longer than this season. And the only QB that would even factor into the discussion is Trevor Lawrence. It’s a moot point though because the highest the Bengals will likely pick is three and the Jets and Jaguars will take him and Fields.

The only discussion I would see would be drafting one in rounds 3-5 or signing a quality backup who could start if need be. That’s why I mentioned Sam Darnold.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-25-2020)

It's sad irony that the only way that Joe Burrow could ensure that he gets an anchor for the offensive line of the future is to get destroyed by the offensive line of the present. No way the Bengals have a top 3 pick if Burrow could have played all season. Hopefully in 10 years everybody looks back on this, and the 2020 season was the start of something great, but it really sucks right now.

Schefter:

MRI revealed more damage than anticipated: Bengals’ QB Joe Burrow tore his ACL, MCL, and suffered other structural issues in his knee as well
    He will be lucky to play in 2021 I bet.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Schefter:

Yes that is the worst possible news. I would guess at a minimum half of next year and very likely the whole year.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Yes that is the worst possible news. I would guess at a minimum half of next year and very likely the whole year.
    And he will never be the same.

I’m going to be called crazy for this but I would tank and draft Lawrence or Fields.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Schefter:

Wentz tore his ACL and LCL in Week 16 and was back in Week 3 the following year. Nobody will know for sure until they get in there and see what all is wrong during surgery. Still, it would be negligent to not sign a veteran backup who could start the first few weeks next year.

Turn Off Ads?