Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

I think they got the seeding right. Ohio State was outside looking in, hoping some one would lose to open the door for them. USC accomodated. And as the #4 seed you get the tougher draw (fight) vs the #1 seed.

Be thankful you're in there .... and try not to embarass your fans! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Actually glad about this. Would rather lose to the Bulldogs once than lose to Michigan twice.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

4. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-04-2022)

Finally after 8 years we have our first CFP that doesn’t include Alabama or Clemson.

Hats off to the CFP committee who opted for integrity over ratings by not dropping TCU out and including Alabama and for keeping TCU #3 and not guaranteeing a Michigan-Ohio State rematch.

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-04-2022),cumberlandreds (12-04-2022),GAC (12-04-2022)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Finally after 8 years we have our first CFP that doesn’t include Alabama or Clemson.

Hats off to the CFP committee who opted for integrity over ratings by not dropping TCU out and including Alabama and for keeping TCU #3 and not guaranteeing a Michigan-Ohio State rematch.
    I am all for a tOSU/Mich rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    There is absolutely no way Alabama is in. That has been absolutely manufactured BS.
    I think they have a valid argument. Two losses by 1 play on the road. Weren't embarrassed at home against biggest rival.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Sure fire way to spend the month of December hammered.

Drink when

1) It is mentioned OSU lost by 22 at home
    2) It is mentioned that OSU didn’t play in a conference title game.
    3) (Redszone special) It is mentioned “something, something, Sam Clifford.”

In all seriousness, I’m done with that. OSU is in the playoffs rather uncontroversially. They didn’t get in pretty, but all of the above doesn’t matter anymore.
    We apologize for all those valid reasons. We should also mention the Legends and Leaders are even a mediocre conference in a mediocre year in CFB.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 12-04-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Yes. Just like they rewarded Georgia last season before they won the Natty.

This is a stupid argument, everyone please stop using it.
    But they actually play in a difficult conference.

I will be amused if everyone spends the next month talking about an OSU/UM rematch in the national championship and neither team makes it.

People seem to have forgotten UM was a last second field goal after horrible late game Beilema coaching from losing to Illinois and struggled with the likes of Maryland and Iowa. They are not as good as the media is portraying right now. They beat up on an extremely overrated OSU team on the road and now they are Alabama.

Also, OSU is going to get absolutely crushed by Georgia.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I will be amused if everyone spends the next month talking about an OSU/UM rematch in the national championship and neither team makes it.

People seem to have forgotten UM was a last second field goal after horrible late game Beilema coaching from losing to Illinois and struggled with the likes of Maryland and Iowa. They are not as good as the media is portraying right now. They beat up on an extremely overrated OSU team on the road and now they are Alabama.

Also, OSU is going to get absolutely crushed by Georgia.
    I like OSU fans psyche going into this game. I actually think they might have a prayer, but just give everyone the Lou Holtz schtick and tell everyone you're going to get crushed that way, when it comes around to game time, you're mentally prepared for a beatdown and extremely excited if you win or make it a close loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I like OSU fans psyche going into this game. I actually think they might have a prayer, but just give everyone the Lou Holtz schtick and tell everyone you're going to get crushed that way, when it comes around to game time, you're mentally prepared for a beatdown and extremely excited if you win or make it a close loss.
    I’m not sure my guy RTGs psyche is entirely representative of the OSU fan base haha

13. Likes:

GAC (12-04-2022),Hillsdale87 (12-05-2022),Larkin Fan (12-04-2022),RedTeamGo! (12-04-2022)

Fiesta Bowl No. 2 Michigan vs. No. 3 TCU Friday, Dec. 31 4 p.m.

Peach Bowl No. 1 Georgia vs. No. 4 Ohio State Friday, Dec. 31 8 p.m.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...ickd3kzms0amix
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Not everything is a schtick. I think Georgia is far and away better than OSU this year and will cruise. I think Georgia is far and away better than everyone this year. I also think UM is getting very overrated by seemingly every member of the college football media. OSU and UM cruised through the worst big ten conference I’ve seen maybe ever. Whoopdy do.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-04-2022),Sea Ray (12-04-2022)

I’m not sure my guy RTGs psyche is entirely representative of the OSU fan base haha
    There is that "extreme" element, fanatical, have to coax down off the ledge, fan in every conference.... and Ohio State is no exception. May be a major (I don't know). They hold their school to very strict, demanding standards, which is "There can be only one!" (lol). Nothing else matters. Any loss rips right into ther depth of their soul.

They are the manifestation of the spirit of Woody when it came to winning and losing. And anyone old enough to have watched Woody coach from the sidelines knows what I'm talking about. He was a cannon always ready to go off at any minute. And he finally did.

Too many in this country don't keep sports in their proper perspective.

Each team (OSU, Dawgs) have approximately 4 weeks to study film on the opposition and to prepare. Defensive coordinators will not sleep for the next month. Which coaching is going to come out the victor? Day is now under even more pressure. Before, he was bound for a NYD bowl that he would, in all liklihood, win. Odds were in his favor.

Not now vs Georgia. As far as I'm concerned, Day needs to show he belongs in the ranks of the Big Boys when it comes to these big games. At least don't go out and get embarrassed, like you don't belong on the same field.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I think they have a valid argument. Two losses by 1 play on the road. Weren't embarrassed at home against biggest rival.

- - - Updated - - -

We apologize for all those valid reasons. We should also mention the Legends and Leaders are even a mediocre conference in a mediocre year in CFB.
    I'm wondering who calls Sean Clifford "Sam".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    There is that "extreme" element, fanatical, have to coax down off the ledge, fan in every conference.... and Ohio State is no exception. May be a major (I don't know). They hold their school to very strict, demanding standards, which is "There can be only one!" (lol). Nothing else matters. Any loss rips right into ther depth of their soul.

They are the manifestation of the spirit of Woody when it came to winning and losing. And anyone old enough to have watched Woody coach from the sidelines knows what I'm talking about. He was a cannon always ready to go off at any minute. And he finally did.

Too many in this country don't keep sports in their proper perspective.

Each team (OSU, Dawgs) have approximately 4 weeks to study film on the opposition and to prepare. Defensive coordinators will not sleep for the next month. Which coaching is going to come out the victor? Day is now under even more pressure. Before, he was bound for a NYD bowl that he would, in all liklihood, win. Odds were in his favor.

Not now vs Georgia. As far as I'm concerned, Day needs to show he belongs in the ranks of the Big Boys when it comes to these big games. At least don't go out and get embarrassed, like you don't belong on the same field.
    Talent-wise OSU is "the Big Boys". You don't get better than the machine that is Ohio State football

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm wondering who calls Sean Clifford "Sam".
    Apparently I do when it’s past my bedtime.

I’m ok with playing Georgia first. You gotta beat them sometime if you want a NC trophy. Might as well be the first game.

Of course, Georgia is the big favorite but I think the Buckeyes have a punchers chance. They haven’t really played a good game yet this year. Fingers crossed it’s this game.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?