Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 9-9 rockies reds

Re: 9-9 rockies reds

Tough loss time for me to move on.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Phillips 'over-dove' the ball. Tough play....but can't expect much of a break when your closer is wild beyond wild, and management can't even walk out there to settle him down.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

That was a really tough loss.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Phillips 'over-dove' the ball. Tough play....but can't expect much of a break when your closer is wild beyond wild, and management can't even walk out there to settle him down.
    Well said.

$12M dollars -- you'd think he could buy a strike.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Haunted by walks

Didn't that end the streak of not losing when leading in the ninth? Or is it still alive because they weren't leading going into the ninth?

Codero rarely throws strikes. A patient team will beat him every time. And yes, that streak, often quoted as the reason Codero is so good, is over and only luck kept it from being over early. They cannot deal him soon enough to please me. And I know I'm in the minority.

This is business as usual for the Rockies. Going into the bottom of the 9th, I felt the Reds had a 50-50 chance of winning it, if that. And none of that was because of lack of faith in Cordero.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Didn't that end the streak of not losing when leading in the ninth? Or is it still alive because they weren't leading going into the ninth?
    I think the streak was when leading after eight innings, so FWIW, it should still be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    $12M dollars -- you'd think he could buy a strike.
    Didja have to mention that wonderful contract?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I think the streak was when leading after eight innings, so FWIW, it should still be alive.
    Yeah, I think the streak is still alive too. Not sure it matters since we still ended up with a loss but anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I think you are right on that, but regardless, it's a severe disappointment when management just left him out there. Having faith in players is wonderful, but it has been obvious for awhile that Codero isn't pitching well. This unwritten law that you turn it over to the closer and what happens happens is probably the stupidest unwriten law ever created (if unwritten laws are created )

It was a play that BP will make way more often than not....but the hot team gets the break. I wish Cordero had a change up....that would really help him beacuse sooner or later the batter is going to catch up to that fastball.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I see no problem in leaving Cordero in there. He got the big K when he needed it, and Phillips usally makes that play.

He was 33/35 in saves before this game. Taking him out before he gave up a run would be something that no coach in major league baseball would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    It was a play that BP will make way more often than not....but the hot team gets the break. I wish Cordero had a change up....that would really help him beacuse sooner or later the batter is going to catch up to that fastball.
    Yep, but Cordero has had a very good season, not going to call for his head just yet. % of saves to team wins has to be near the tops in the bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I see no problem in leaving Cordero in there. He got the big K when he needed it, and Phillips usally makes that play.

He was 33/35 in saves before this game. Taking him out before he gave up a run would be something that no coach in major league baseball would have done.
    I don't think anyone was advocating pulling him, I'm sure they had no one warming, nor should they w/ a one run lead.

Turn Off Ads?