Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Re: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    What's the RedsZone record for number of pages deep into a thread where a trade rumor was discussed, but never became reality? This where I think we're headed for Lindor. We could very well be discussing this up to the the final hour of the 2020 trade deadline so we have plenty of time to break the previous rumor-thread record.
    I believe the Eric Bedard rumors have long held that title- if nowhere other than in our hearts and memes.

Many Bedard threads from 07/08 though the longest I could find is 81 pages:
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...t=bedard+votto

Two others ,at least, topped 20 pages.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/searc...416&pp=&page=2
    So many threads:
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...t=bedard+trade

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...=1#post1521194
    Actually, the O's fans are thinking it'll be Hamilton added in.

They're pretty certain that it's already Cueto and Votto on the table for Bedard and that the Reds just upped the ante a bit for him.

The talks on the boards lately have been stuff like the Reds offered Bailey, Votto, Hamilton & Stubbs. I think that's overstating things. Nobody really knows what we've offered and what we haven't. However, this guy Belkast is in direct contact with an O's front-office guy who's in the war-room discussing trades. And if nothing else, it's very clear that the Reds are the front runners now.
    Last edited by klw; 01-03-2020 at 05:43 PM.

2. Likes:

RedEye (01-04-2020),reds77 (01-04-2020),Roy Tucker (01-04-2020),thatcoolguy_22 (01-04-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Lux has virtually no MLB experience. Nobody knows who the secondary pieces are. If Indians would do a Lux deal they are willing to trade Lindor for young, future-oriented players who may not succeed in 2020.
    I don't think it means they would trade him for any young future oriented player. I think they would deal him for Lux and a second piece who might be as valuable as Senzel and a third who is probably more valuable than any secondary piece the Reds could reasonably throw in. Otherwise, I think they'll keep him try to contend and see how it goes at the All Star break if they don't contend. .
    Last edited by mth123; 01-03-2020 at 09:14 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

5. Likes:

Tribe Guy (01-05-2020)

Old diehard Reds fan / turned diehard Tribe fan 20 years ago (long story, but it includes Marge Schott)... still follow the Reds tho. And think I’ll stick around here to maybe rekindle my Red fandom.

What can Senzel be? Im worried a bit about his age and health history. I like him, but just doesnt feel like a headliner for Lindor. Lux and May are much more palatable return in my opinion (but are seemingly off the table). Tell me why I shouldn’t be disappointed if a deal happens. Would you trade two years of Lindor for Senzel + of the shoe was on the other foot?

If you do land Lindor, you will LOVE him. The guy has infectious energy and is one of the best ballplayers Ive ever seen (and that includes the Big Red Machine, who I grew up on)

7. Likes:

mth123 (01-03-2020),REDREAD (01-06-2020),Revering4Blue (01-03-2020),WrongVerb (01-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailivia View Post
    Old diehard Reds fan / turned diehard Tribe fan 20 years ago (long story, but it includes Marge Schott)... still follow the Reds tho. And think I’ll stick around here to maybe rekindle my Red fandom.

What can Senzel be? Im worried a bit about his age and health history. I like him, but just doesnt feel like a headliner for Lindor. Lux and May are much more palatable return in my opinion (but are seemingly off the table). Tell me why I shouldn’t be disappointed if a deal happens. Would you trade two years of Lindor for Senzel + of the shoe was on the other foot?

If you do land Lindor, you will LOVE him. The guy has infectious energy and is one of the best ballplayers Ive ever seen (and that includes the Big Red Machine, who I grew up on)
    you wrote a lot, but all i heard was "traitor, traitor, traitor."

nah, welcome back.

9. Likes:

JaxRed (01-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    you wrote a lot, but all i heard was "traitor, traitor, traitor."

nah, welcome back.

Lol.

I was crazy about the Reds. joe Morgan is still my all time favorite player. Had a white #15 George Foster jersey in elementary school. We moved close to Cleveland when I was 10. Listened to nuxhall and brenneman call the games every night on my crappy clock radio that got terrible reception here up north. Great, great memories. Miss those days. Sorry... dont mean to derail the thread.

11. Likes:

corkedbat (01-04-2020),JFLegal (01-04-2020),REDREAD (01-06-2020)

traitor (ha, just having fun)...... i think a package of senzel, india and santillan would be more than fair for a 2-year rental of lindor. i do not think the tribe will find a better deal than that. and once the season begins, you risk lindor's value going down. having 2 full years of control sounds a lot better than 1+.

i'm probably higher on senzel here than most, but i'm confident he will be at least a good mlb player for many years. that's his floor imo. he could develop into an all-star. which is why i would be more than fine if the reds held firm and didn't trade him. senzel as the centerpiece for lindor would make a lot of sense from the indians' standpoint, especially when the extra pieces are good prospects like india and santillan.
    Last edited by JFLegal; 01-04-2020 at 02:15 PM.

13. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (01-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I don't think it means they would trade him for any young future oriented player. I think they would deal him for Lux and a second piece who might be as valuable as Senzel and a third who is probably more valuable than any secondary piece the Reds could reasonably throw in. Otherwise, I think they'll keep him try to contend and see how it goes at the All Star break if they don't contend. .
    The essence of your position on this - Gavin Lux, Gavin Lux, Gavin Lux, Gavin Lux.

I doubt Indians view him as the be all and end all, the only player on earth worth discussing.for Lindor.

If so, Cleveland would have long ago declared a Lindor trade off limits - as Lux is unavailable. Cleveland has not made any such statement and all reports point to discussions for Lindor still alive.
    Last edited by Kc61; 01-04-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The essence of your position on this - Gavin Lux, Gavin Lux, Gavin Lux, Gavin Lux.

I doubt Indians view him as the be all and end all, the only player on earth worth discussing.for Lindor.

If so, Cleveland would have long ago declared a Lindor trade off limits - as Lux is unavailable. Cleveland has not made any such statement and all reports point to discussions for Lindor still alive.
    Not just Lux, but not anything the Reds have short of maybe Suarez and stuff. I could see a package of say Dansby Swanson, Christian Pache and one of their pitchers (Bryse Wilson, Ian Anderson or Kyle Wright). They'd do Acuna Straight up. Probably Soto as well. Lux, Vedugo and May would probably do it. They may even take a sub for Verdugo. The Rays could probably make something happen with Adames or Franco along with Brent Honeywell and a third piece. The Reds don't have the SS and India and Santillan just aren't good enough IMO. Senzel is a decent starting point, but the Reds don't have the high end, ready now SS nor the foundational pieces to go with him. Maybe, Senzel, T Stephenson and Lodolo or Greene could get it done, but I think they would want to see Stephenson actually hit for power, Greene come back healthy or Lodolo put in a full minor league season first. Maybe they could make that deal at the deadline if those guys all have good seasons.

I think they want two or three foundational pieces, one of whom is Lindor's replacement at SS or an established player who can somewhat replace Lindor in the line-up for less money and more control. Otherwise they'll keep him, try to win and recheck to see what the offers are at the deadline when teams are looking to go over the top for a play-off push.
    Last edited by mth123; 01-04-2020 at 04:24 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Two years of Lindor at around 20 million AAV doesn't come close to Acuna or Soto's value and Cleveland would do those trades in a nanosecond. Suarez would be a gross overpay as well. I really don't think they could do much better than a Senzel and Lodolo headlined deal unless a contending team like LA or ATL just goes nuts with an overpay.
    Last edited by JCM11; 01-04-2020 at 06:54 PM.

17. Likes:

Griffey012 (01-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Two years of Lindor at around 20 million AAV doesn't come close to Acuna or Soto's value and Cleveland would do those trades in a nanosecond. Suarez would be a gross overpay as well. I really don't think they could do much better than a Senzel and Lodolo headlined deal unless a contending team like LA or ATL just goes nuts with an overpay.
    This is the exact point I'm making. They aren't trading him unless its an overpay. Looking at Cleveland, they seem just as likely to contend this year as the Reds do (more likely in fact). They have an even better rotation IMO and the offenses are very similar. Three good bats and a bunch of questions. Lindor, Ramirez and Sanatana is probably equal to or better than the Reds top three (Suarez, Moustakas and Winker). They have questions like the Reds do. Cesar Hernandez gets on base. Robert Perez was a better bat than any of the Reds catchers. Franmil Reyes is as good a power source as Aquino. They are in better shape IMO. They also seem more likely to lengthen the line-up on the cheap than the Reds can. They can stick Reyes in LF and sign a bat that doesn't have to fit to play DH or 1B. Stick somebody like Hunter Pence, Todd Frazier or Ryan Zimmerman in the 6 or 7 hole and they have a better line-up than the Reds do. Why is it so obvious to everyone that Cleveland should punt the season after winning 90+ games last year, yet a team that couldn't win 80 should be going for it? Dealing Lindor for Senzel and some minor league suspects like India and Santillan would be punting the 2020 season. I don't see that happening.

I don't see them getting much less at the deadline than they would get now. They'll keep Lindor unless its an overpay and see if they can challenge for the post season again. If it's a bad year, they can still trade him and teams looking to get an edge down the stretch may pay more than they can get now. Unless they get bowled over, and Senzel, India and Santillan doesn't do that, he's not going anywhere IMO.

19. Likes:

Falls City Beer (01-04-2020),REDREAD (01-06-2020),Tribe Guy (01-05-2020)

This is the exact point I'm making. They aren't trading him unless its an overpay. Looking at Cleveland, they seem just as likely to contend this year as the Reds do (more likely in fact). They have an even better rotation IMO and the offenses are very similar. Three good bats and a bunch of questions. Lindor, Ramirez and Sanatana is probably equal to or better than the Reds top three (Suarez, Moustakas and Winker). They have questions like the Reds do. Cesar Hernandez gets on base. Robert Perez was a better bat than any of the Reds catchers. Franmil Reyes is as good a power source as Aquino. They are in better shape IMO. They also seem more likely to lengthen the line-up on the cheap than the Reds can. They can stick Reyes in LF and sign a bat that doesn't have to fit to play DH or 1B. Stick somebody like Hunter Pence, Todd Frazier or Ryan Zimmerman in the 6 or 7 hole and they have a better line-up than the Reds do. Why is it so obvious to everyone that Cleveland should punt the season after winning 90+ games last year, yet a team that couldn't win 80 should be going for it? Dealing Lindor for Senzel and some minor league suspects like India and Santillan would be punting the 2020 season. I don't see that happening.

I don't see them getting much less at the deadline than they would get now. They'll keep Lindor unless its an overpay and see if they can challenge for the post season again. If it's a bad year, they can still trade him and teams looking to get an edge down the stretch may pay more than they can get now. Unless they get bowled over, and Senzel, India and Santillan doesn't do that, he's not going anywhere IMO.
    Top to bottom I agree that at the moment, Cleveland has more talent than Cincinnati. But maybe there’s some financial urgency that is requiring them to punt 2020 for a quicker turnaround. Idk. Cleveland’s financial situation is the only unknown quantity that may still be keeping trade talks afloat.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (01-06-2020)

This is the exact point I'm making. They aren't trading him unless its an overpay.
    That is certainly their stance publicly.

As it should be.

That said, if they don't plan on re-signing him, trading him now would net the best package of prospects, whatever that may be.

(Now, perhaps they're fine with that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    That is certainly their stance publicly.

As it should be.

That said, if they don't plan on re-signing him, trading him now would net the best package of prospects, whatever that may be.

(Now, perhaps they're fine with that.)
    Not convinced that they'll get any more for Lindor now than they'd get in July if they aren't contending.

I just don't understand this infatuation on here with an Indians trade. If Lindor is available at a reasonable rate (palatable for the Reds) then make the deal. Otherwise, let's move on and trade for a different SS. There's no apparent shortage of them available. I love Lindor but I wouldn't sell the farm for 2 years of him. Let's see what the other options are out there.

25. Likes:

Chainsaw (01-04-2020),Coopdaddy67 (01-04-2020),DocRed (01-04-2020),JFLegal (01-05-2020),Old school 1983 (01-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailivia View Post

I almost (for all of about 12 seconds) became a Mets fan when Columbia, SC landed the Fireflies A ball team, but that was when the Reds were doing horrible and i wasn't willing to pay to watch MLB.TV to see the Reds. Turns out I didn't see the Fireflies either. maybe they're on radio here, maybe not, but I don't feel much like sitting out in the truck all night to listen in even if they are. I don't even own a radio for the house anymore. Anyway..I'm still a Reds fan and too old to give in to another team these days.

27. Likes:

JFLegal (01-05-2020)

Turn Off Ads?