Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How hard is it to get tickets to the Dayton Dragons?

Haunted by walks

How hard is it to get tickets to the Dayton Dragons?

I used to read that there weren’t many seats and they were always sold out. Is that still the case?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How hard is it to get tickets to the Dayton Dragons?

It's not hard anymore. You should just be able to walk up and buy tickets on most non-weekend nights. Just call the box office

Haunted by walks

Thanks. That’s good to know.

Interesting. Didn't they set a minor league record a few years back for consecutive sellouts? Why the fall off in attendance? The sign of the times competing for the entertainment dollar? Or do you think it's the product?

Quote Originally Posted by madeirawood View Post
    Interesting. Didn't they set a minor league record a few years back for consecutive sellouts? Why the fall off in attendance? The sign of the times competing for the entertainment dollar? Or do you think it's the product?
    As far as I know they still have the streak going... IIRC it is defined by the selling of the seats not the lawn tickets. Seat capacity is 6,830 and they have been averaging 7,000 a game. They record is for all the American sports teams including the pros.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    It's not hard anymore. You should just be able to walk up and buy tickets on most non-weekend nights. Just call the box office
    Sometimes they release seats right before the game reserved for players family/friends. You can also try Ticketmaster or StubHub.
    The next weekday series is 5/20-5/23. If you look for 3 or more actual seats (not the lawn) you'll find your choices very limited. The best is two seats, but even then most are in the middle of the row. The best night was Thursday (5/23).

Planning to go this Saturday and will probably get a lawn ticket and just walk around. Went to Ticketmaster and there are only five solo seats, two 3 seats together with the rest two seats, for a total of 31 "seats" available.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I have been to exactly 1 Dragon's game. My son and I were going to watch from the street one evening and some guy rolled up in his Corvette and asked if we wanted a couple free tickets.. SURE! They got beat pretty bad, but it was a fun time anyway. I even bought my then underage son a beer. Of course he would later go on to become a raging alcoholic no thanks to me.. We've both quit drinking since..
    Anyway...Yeah...tough to get in most days from what I hear from family still hanging in in Dayton..

Turn Off Ads?