Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/5/19 Reds @ Pirates - Winker starting in CF

Re: 4/5/19 Reds @ Pirates - Winker starting in CF

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    RedsZone was beating the drum for an "analytics" manager when the Reds had Baker, Price, and Riggleman.

Now they have one, and he makes a decision that the populace doesn't agree with, and they go apoplectic.

It wasn't analytics they wanted; they just wanted someone who did what they wanted, and was right 100% of the time.
    Don't be confused young man, analytics would also tell Bell not to play Winker in CF.

2. Likes:

redsfandan (04-05-2019),Ron Madden (04-05-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Senzel was a pure experiment when the offseason began, the Reds still should have found another CF'er to compete alongside him and Schebler.

Oh well, all winter I read posts saying CF is easy - we're going to see how easy it is tonight.
    As I’m sure you know, the need to beef up CF was clearly stated on RedsZone all off-season. Both sides were heard on this.
    Last edited by Kc61; 04-05-2019 at 05:34 PM.

I think Bell is just trying to kick the offense into gear.

6. Likes:

BillDoran (04-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I was reading a book about a football coach in the 60's, he had his Offensive and Defensive coordinators switch jobs for a game to try and shakes things up and get things going, they lost 51-0.
    Go Gators!

8. Likes:

Kinsm (04-05-2019),Ron Madden (04-05-2019)

Winker is still a young guy. And, although I like his offensive potential, he hasn't done anything so far this year. Putting Winker in center could easily result in an error or two and maybe the deciding runs to lose the game. HOW is it a good idea to mess with the head of a young guy like that?

It would've made more sense to have Puig in center. Then you'd get only one error instead of two.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Winker is still a young guy. And, although I like his offensive potential, he hasn't done anything so far this year. Putting Winker in center could easily result in an error or two and maybe the deciding runs to lose the game. HOW is it a good idea to mess with the head of a young guy like that?

It would've made more sense to have Puig in center. Then you'd get only one error instead of two.
    It's not the Stanford Prison Experiments. He's just playing center field. Winker even played some spring training innings out there.

I get that baseball is a mental game, but we act like they're all a bunch of nut jobs waiting to be triggered. Winker's played thousands of innings in the outfield. A few games in center isn't going to turn him into a basket case.

11. Likes:

JaxRed (04-05-2019),Ron Madden (04-05-2019),TheBigLebowski (04-05-2019)

I wrote a bunch of stuff and somehow lost it but to make a long story semi short why would Schebler sit tonight when he finally made a little contact last night....a hit and even a couple of foul balls!!! Baby steps
    Last edited by GADawg; 04-05-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    It's not the Stanford Prison Experiments. He's just playing center field. Winker even played some spring training innings out there.

I get that baseball is a mental game, but we act like they're all a bunch of nut jobs waiting to be triggered. Winker's played thousands of innings in the outfield. A few games in center isn't going to turn him into a basket case.
    Well, gosh, I hope not. But, that's not what I was suggesting (I doubt his psyche is that fragile).

Imo, Winker is a modern day Adam Dunn. NO, he'll never have that much power. What I mean is they're both players where ALL of their positive value is from their offensive contributions and ALL of their negative is from their defense. That's not the type of player that a club should take a chance on in center (where defense is really important).

Marty says Tucker Barnhart set a bat on fire just awhile ago.

Making a sacrifice to the Baseball Gods to get the club going I guess. Hahaha

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-05-2019)

Goal for tonight... score a flippin run

Marty says Tucker Barnhart set a bat on fire just awhile ago.

Making a sacrifice to the Baseball Gods to get the club going I guess. Hahaha
    We're gonna need a live chicken.
    Go Gators!

18. Likes:

BillDoran (04-05-2019),Ron Madden (04-05-2019),WrongVerb (04-05-2019)

The Reds currently have 4 guys batting over .200. They are Casali, Barnhart, Iglesias, and Peraza. Anything Bell has or hasn't done won't help until people start hitting.

20. Likes:

BillDoran (04-05-2019),Ron Madden (04-05-2019)

Schebler finally gets a hit sit him good plan.

Votto with his 3rd double of the year

23. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-05-2019)

Alright Joey!!!

Turn Off Ads?