Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great American Ball Park gets makeover

Re: Great American Ball Park gets makeover

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    How about improving the quality of the food first, before you increase the quantity of junk your giving away
    Are you kidding me? The hot dogs are great! Really, really fresh buns too.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Really, really fresh buns too.

Just like Puffy

uh

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Nice to see the Reds adding a few amenities each offseason to spice up the park a bit. It's a good feeling knowing the team is continually moving away from the cheapness known as Carl Lindner.
    The Riverboat deck was a quality addition last year. Hopefully they've added to it nicely, because it really did give the park a hometown flair to it.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    How about improving the quality of the food first, before you increase the quantity of junk your giving away
    Better than most of the parks I've visited...

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Last week, the club placed a red 2008 Toyota Tundra pickup truck on top of the elevator shaft well beyond the fence in center field. If a Reds player hits the truck during a home run, one randomly selected lucky fan will take home the $31,000 vehicle.
    I wonder what you could get for truck dented by Adam Dunn on Ebay?
    Last edited by GAC; 03-23-2008 at 08:32 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Probably get a better price by advertising it on Redszone.

Here is another view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    While I understand needing advertising and promotion dollars and adding some character and quirks for the fans, this seems like a bit much. I will take a wait and see approach to this.
    A little too much advertising and coorporate type ins.. kind of kills the quirky charm of it. Sure, it's the Reds right to milk every cent they can, but I miss the days where every seat wasn't sponsored, and every inch of wallspace on a stadium wasn't covered with some kind of ad..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    A little too much advertising and coorporate type ins.. kind of kills the quirky charm of it. Sure, it's the Reds right to milk every cent they can, but I miss the days where every seat wasn't sponsored, and every inch of wallspace on a stadium wasn't covered with some kind of ad..
    When I think back on baseball stadiums of the past I seem to recall alot of advertising. The right field wall of Ebbets Field was covered with many, many advertisements.

I have no problem with corporations sponsoring every and anything at the park. If it helps keep tickets prices low and also helps bring in quality players then sponsor away!!!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I like it. It reminds me of Kaufmann in KC. I love things like that.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    While I understand needing advertising and promotion dollars and adding some character and quirks for the fans, this seems like a bit much. I will take a wait and see approach to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post

I agree with both of you. I understand that they don't pull in the TV money a lot of franchises do so they have to make it up somewhere. I also understand that a lot of this keeps ticket prices low. But it's starting to get to the point where, as REDREAD said, they are putting some kind of thing on every blank space in the stadium. It's like a bunch of little kids just adding stuff to something they built for no reason whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

The old stadiums had WAY more advertising than the new one's. Just looking at old pictures you can see advertising everywhere.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Here is another view.
    Hope the doors are locked. Because it would be a bummer to get to the stadium one day and find it gone. In Cincy - it could happen.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Is there a "new" baseball park that looks any more "redneck" than GABP in centerfield. Personally I think it really looks cheap. One better...I think it looks "John Allen Cheap".
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Is there a "new" baseball park that looks any more "redneck" than GABP in centerfield. Personally I think it really looks cheap. One better...I think it looks "John Allen Cheap".
    I prefer 'The Bengals took all the stadium cash' cheap.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?